Earth hour

We take an hour out of day to talk about how awesome our planet is and how much we hate mars.
 
A few quick questions:

How much energy do we save during that hour?
&
How much energy do we use by simply starting everything back up?

I know they probably aren't that close, but it would be interesting to see how effective earth hour is.
 
Cryptex wins.
I will most likely be participating, but only because I will be at Junior Prom tonight.
 
honestly I forgot lol.

oh and Nickolodean had the KCA stuff on at 8, so I guess encourage kids to waste energy and watch television!!
 
A few quick questions:

How much energy do we save during that hour?
&
How much energy do we use by simply starting everything back up?

I know they probably aren't that close, but it would be interesting to see how effective earth hour is.

it doesn't do it over all, it goes by city, like in 2008, Chicago went down about 7% in energy use, and in 2007, Sydney's energy use drop by 10.2% Besides that WWF is not releasing energy-savings estimates for this year's Earth Hour.
 
Last edited:
it doesn't do it over all, it goes by city, like in 2008, Chicago went down about 7% in energy use, and in 2007, Sydney's energy use drop by 10.2% Besides that WWF is not releasing energy-savings estimates for this year's Earth Hour.

Good info.

I was just wondering, because most people shut the power off at their breaker and turning it back on spikes the power.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top