YSD's Random Thought of the Night (4-9-10)

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
Before I start...have you guys seen Superduck's signature? The following is from it and made me laugh:

Death-TR-: i watched the forging of the ban-hammer
xosniper: thats unpossible
superduck: And lo, JohnT did forge the Hammer of Ban, and it was mighty
Death-TR-: and kendle made the fire hot
Rogue_Assassin: Artimus rose from the fire and brimstone and declared it was all powerful
Death-TR-: as slayr began to run his fist in to a wall, thus creating a hole for which all could behold its mightyness





Ok but anyways, back to our message. I was talking with =(eGO)=? General Nuisance the other night and the following is a excerpt from out conversation:
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: where are you
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: WA
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: oh
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: you are up north
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: Seattle?
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: Close enough lol
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: Ya know...
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: Every time any of us say we're from WA, the "Seattle?" is always the next question lol.
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: well
=(eGO)=? General Nuisance: it is the only city in that state :P
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: HAHA
=(e)=? YoSpankDawg: That's true. Little-known fact: The state has the city of Seattle and the rest is vast wasteland filled with used coffee cups and computer or jet parts.

This got me thinking.

Many of you think I am strange, many of you think I am just funny. Most will probably go with both. But what makes me this way? Any realtor would tell you that the most important things in life are location, location, location.

Let me explain...

Washington is a beautiful place...but it is dreary at times. You think we're named after the president of the same name, not the weather? Silly you. We have Mount Rainier...come on people. "Rainier"??? I'll bet you didn't know that "Puget (Sound)" is a Native American word meaning "land of perpetual waters falling from the sky" (probably true, too). Over here in Western Washington it rains most of the year and the average daily temperature in a year (in Seattle) is 52 degrees. That's average...and for anybody around here actually pretty nice. Did you know that parts of Washington rain SO much, that we have the only official rainforests in North America?! Also...our beaches have gross, gray, gravelly sand. Pretty much everything around here is dark, drab, and...blah.

I have proof.

Do you guys have any idea how many serial killers come from Washington? We kinda try to downplay it, but we all know they exist. In three consecutive days of Oct 2002 there were stories about Gary Ridgeway, Robert Lee Yates, and Robert William Pickton--all Pacific Northwest products. I will not say what they did or to how many people. Not on here. Our nation's most infamous serial arsonist? Robert Keller of Western WA. D.C. sniper? From here too. I could go on and on, but if you want to know more you can look it up yourself. Just know this--if you look up all of our nations serial killers, approximately one in five are from around here.

I wish I were kidding.

Ah but do not worry. Not everybody responds to the weather in these drastic of measures, so do not get me wrong! Many simply let everybody know about their angers and frustrations (and a lot of these guys also seem to like to get away from reality with drugs :S). Look at the music Seattle is known for. We invented grunge. If you don't know what grunge is, think "loud, angry, rock." Nirvana. Pearl Jam. Soundgarden. Alice in Chains. Mudhoney. Jimi Hendrix. Kurt Cobain. All from Seattle (literally). Again, like with the serial killers, this list goes on and on and on, but those are the big ones.

The rest of us? You can't go more than two blocks in pretty much any Western Washington city without seeing an espresso stand (haha, you think I'm kidding?). This is where Starbuck's is from. Tully's. Seattle's Best Coffee. The rest of us are slowly drinking ourselves into oblivion.

Bill Gates (Microsoft) is from Seattle, and he went all uber-nerd on us so people can escape reality. Paul Allen (Boeing) is too, and he has been working on making sure we can all physically leave it. Bob Barker. Glen Beck. Kenny G. ADAM WEST. Do these people seem "normal" to you? All (Western) Washingtonians.

There is onnnnneeee last outlet, however. Ever read The Far Side? Some of it is dark, yes. Some of it is boring. However, a lot of it is pretty stinking funny. Gary Larsen is from around here too. That's what guys like Gary Larsen, Ides of March, and myself have to do--make a joke out of everything and laugh it all off. It's our outlet. We don't drink coffee...we don't show great musical angst...and the only killing we do is with a mouse on Kalt. Oh, but when we're together, we're very efficient at killing. Interesting...

I blame the weather.
 
interesting read

I however would prefer to be in your position, living in scotland has never been so depressing, no jobs, a decreasing population of only 5 million and the weather.... well i think you can guess its wet and windy. Theres a good reason for so much emigration, I mean honestly who wants to live here? :crying:
 
Too long...My brain hurts...=S
But, I lol'd at "the vast wasteland filled with used coffee cups and computer or jet parts."
 
interesting read...ive always wondered what WA was like...you have saved me a trip and i appreciate that...lol...entertaining as always spankdawg...
 
I have to agree. If you ask someone what the Capitol of Washington is they will say Seattle. It is actually Olympia. Everybody thinks that is the only city in the state. Very beautiful here sometimes it's dreary, but wouldn't trade it ever.
 
Well sense WA is like that, I'll stick 3000 miles away in GA.

I never knew WA was like that, I haven't been there either. I've been all up the east coast though.
 
I DONT THInk WA, was a state i always thought of it a big Trash dump lol.
 
I second BL4SPH3MY. Although i have been to space needle. Pretty cool i guess.
 
my problem is that whenever i hear "washington ______" sports teams i always think the state, but they're always from DC. yanno?
 
interesting read

I however would prefer to be in your position, living in scotland has never been so depressing, no jobs, a decreasing population of only 5 million and the weather.... well i think you can guess its wet and windy. Theres a good reason for so much emigration, I mean honestly who wants to live here? :crying:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention...not sure what the unemployment rate is there, but we've been at 10% for a year and a half now... Sigh.

I have to agree. If you ask someone what the Capitol of Washington is they will say Seattle. It is actually Olympia. Everybody thinks that is the only city in the state. Very beautiful here sometimes it's dreary, but wouldn't trade it ever.

Don't listen to this guy--he's from WA. Oh, wait...

Yeah, but people ask where I am from and I say. They ask where that is so I try the closest a-bit-bigger city. Nope. So I try again. Nope. Finally I just say "Seattle" and get "Ohhhhh."

Well sense WA is like that, I'll stick 3000 miles away in GA.

I never knew WA was like that, I haven't been there either. I've been all up the east coast though.

Ahhh...the East Coast...where your "mountain ranges" are no bigger than the little hills we built Seattle and San Francisco on over here in the West Coast...

my problem is that whenever i hear "washington ______" sports teams i always think the state, but they're always from DC. yanno?

Yeah no joke. That stuff drives me crazy. Reminds me of my friend who is in the Navy and posted in Norfolk. Every times he mentions "back in Washington" they think D.C. and left it alone for months until one of the other guys was like "Uhhh...why do you keep saying 'back in Washington' about how different things are when it's so close?"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top