YSD's Weekly e Interview #3

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
This week's e: =(e)=? CornBeefnRice
Aliases: CornBeef
d882137b582d2694487dc443d11fef8ce6acf8e1_full.jpg


Starts eassssy. Favorite DoD:S map and why? Doesn't even have to be an eGO server one--any DoD:S map you've ever played.
Donner. Why? Because of the people. Definitely the people. Francis {=(eGO)=? Francis Yu}, soma {=(eGO)=? Soma}, skippy {=(eGO)=? Skippy {R}}, all good guys. That's arguable. Lol just kidding. There's a lot of good ego's and non egos but when i first started playing the ego servers, francis especially was very welcoming. After a while they started to look out after me because once other players found i was a female...a lot of pub'ers would start to howl and make stupid remarks. So I stuck with Donner. :) Yeah, I can see that happening, unfortunately. Ok. Next question.
Favorite side/class and why? I'm pretty neutral when it comes to sides. I know both sides when it comes to game play but if the teams are uneven... I'll always switch. If it's stacked, I usually like to play on the underdog side. Class? Lol. Zook. Or Panzerschreck. Any preference on one over the other? Maybe little details like auto pistol vs. carbine? The zook. It reloads a little faster. But I do like the auto pistol over the carbine. It's like a lil' mini uzi. Haha true. Alright.
What is your favorite thing about eGO? My favorite thing about eGO is the "family" oriented game play. Not so much the "WATCH THE LANGUAGE BUDDY" from everyone but everyone seems to have some sort of common sense. It's very pleasurable to play in any of the servers because it's all very punk-free. There is a lil' whining goin' on but most of the admins keep people in check. And that's what gaming should be...fun. True. Alright. Speaking of fun times... lol
We all have memorable/fun times from playing. What is your favorite DoD:S story? I don't care if it's funny, amazing, off-the-wall...just whatever your fav is. hrm...Well there was a time a couple of months ago...all the regulars on Donner were playing. Everyone swore that someone was hacking on the server... even some of the admins. I've seen this person on the server here and there and I thought he was just an average player. So... 15 minutes into the game.. everyone moanin' and groanin'.. I "dominate" this person and to stick up for the guy.. I put in the chat, "see.. i told you he's just average" "a girl just dominated him." Haha. You've gotta tell us the response, if any (especially from him)... I think his response was... "oh ur a girl?" Everyone got a kick outta that. Lol. Ok.
If you had to name your DoD:S arch-nemesis, who is it and why? Oh wow...I have so many...so many.....lol HAHA First...SKIPPY. Why? Cause he "used" to protect me or watch my 6. Now...he uses me as BAIT. I know he does...He'll deny it. Second. PARTIZAN {Partizan}...Just cause I swear I can't kill him...doesn't matter what time of day, he always beats me to the ground...and...laughs about it. Lol. Third? Fourth? Fifty-seventh? No comment? Well I can go on ALL day...soma.....sumac {=(e)=? Sumac}...redbud {**RedBud**ShankerS**}...All FANTASTIC guys. :) Hahaha. Riiight. Let's just keep it at that. Alright.
What is your screen name from and why did you choose it? Originated from the old AOL beta days. Wanted something to identify my nationality and if you know any filipinos... EVERY filipino has two things in their cabinets/pantry. SPAM and CORNED BEEF. :) Then why wasn't your name SpamnCornedbeef? Filipinos usually eat cornbeernrice for a meal. Spam is nasty. Just, ack, nasty. Fooie. I suppose if you said Spam I might have thought you were Hawaiian anyways.
So this little guy in your profile picture--I assume your little one...he looks like a serious gamer... lol oooh no...he's 6 now. lol that's my oldest son. Well he already appears the average age of our CSS Division. hahahahah I used to own and run my own CS 1.6 server :) but I swore to God I'd never play that evil game ever again. Haha nice. Anyways, I was just wondering what his screen would name be? Filet mignon? Ricearoni? Baby corn? hahahahaha! Probably Vienna sausage...cause he's still tiny. LOL I think it's best if I not comment on that one and just move on.
So this last week we've been breaking some barriers. I interviewed my first non-North American person (D_Day from Denmark) a few days ago and now you're the first woman I have interviewed. You have kinda already alluded to this, but are there any major differences in your gaming experience than ours, being such? You mean...boys vs girls, or has my gaming improved? Yeah. Any differential treatment, positive or negative, or anything else different for you than we might know about or experience. Like maybe there is some secret flowers-by-mail program edgegamers has for it's women gamers that is supposed to be kept secret from "the rest of us." I wouldn't know. ;) Naw...I'm a big girl (not literal). I have some good people around me in the server...Once people fin out I'm a girl, and that I "kick butt and take names later" they kinda get quiet. :) Being a former Navy corpsman... I expect everyone to be treated equally...man or woman. Ideally. I don't expect any favortism...and if there are flowers being sent...*blushing* thank you. But I think my husband (USMC Captain of FORCE RECON) will find you. :D Psssht. I never said from ME. I was more thinking along the lines of from eGO, like the rumor that of-age admins get sent alcohol. haha LOL Nice...well...if you do send a bottle...JACK DANIELS is my best friend. ;) Haha I am sending nothing! I do not represent eGO in many official ways lol Ok. Moving along. lol
So, as we all know, I have been trying to get in contact with you for this interview for roughly 14-15 months (give or take a week)... lol...Sorry...I'm a busy woman. LOL I apologize for my insubordination. I promise I'll be more punctual :) Why are you so hard to get ahold of, and, more importantly, what deserves the blame--your being a woman, Philippino, or former Navy personnel? You know, half of the time I forget to log into my "Steam chat." And I usually play on my off days. I'm a RN {Registered Nurse} and sometimes my work week runs 4-12's straight. So I play during the weeeeee hours of the morning. :) So nurses are notoriously unpunctual. I'll spread the word, regardless of how true it is or not. lol lol But we do take care of you. :) Haha true...
Ok. LASSSST question....So...most people are unaware that one of our own females is #11 of ALL players on eGO servers in kills, with almost 40,000 kills. I do my homework. :) Really? Would that be me? Yeah haha OH WOW...that's a sign that I definitely play too much AHAHAH. Wait, let me make sure..it's been a few days since that research...Yup. #11 in kills and #11 in deaths (39,246 - 30,114, so at least a good K:D) Ranked 11th in kills amongst the females only? Or ranked 11th in DoD:S? hahahah 1:1 :) All players, all servers combined. Wow. No, 1.30! ah...lol. NOW....here's what most people DON'T know...Or notice, rather. You have more suicides (1,256) than anybody I have ever seen. The next-closest person is RedBud Shankers, with 1,099 (and, as Alled Support, likely suicide-nades frequently), isn't even all that close. Interesting side note...I even had to update that number from last Friday night to right now, because you have suicided 30 more times since then! Care to explain? hahahahahaa I can explain. ANY good 'zook or shrek'er knows...people tend to WALK in front of you while you're shooting...and...I repeat...AND...I'd rather kill myself than have the enemy kill me...so while he eats my rocket...I explode along with him...without him getting the kill :) Of course. Perfectly rational.
:) Thanks for the interview...it was fun. :) Hey thanks for participating! Take care. Ciao.

{Editor's notes-for clarification}

2764513384_257cc2270b.jpg

{You knew it was coming...Corned beef and rice...}



Who would you like to be the next e (specifically e) to be interviewed? Make your suggestions to me--YoSpankDawg! Please do not vote for yourself or any previous selections. If you have nominated somebody in the past who has NOT yet been interviewed, nominate them again please!
Past e Interviews:
#1 - =(e)=? Canadian Invader
#2 - =(e)=? Erich {S}
 

Latest posts

Back
Top