Nvidia gtx 480

snakeeater11112

I made one post
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
11
Hey ego community. I'm bread new here and its nice to meet everyone.I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on the new GTX 480 and if it beats out the ATI 5970? I am thinking about getting one of the two cards. Thanks
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130551&cm_re=gtx_480-_-14-130-551-_-Product

Check out the specs there, and nvidia.com . You cannot really compare the 480 to the 5970 since the radeon card is a dual PCB and the 480 is a single. Now when a "485 or 495" are released if even possible , then you would have a fair comparison. Now lets say you SLI a pair of 480's. I'm pretty sure that would blow out the 5970. Below is just one of many reviews on it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_SLI
 
As far as I am concerned, Nvidia holds the fastest SINGLE GPU. But pay a few extra bucks, and you get the fastest GPU (or GPUs) on the market, being the 5970. If you really want a card right now, I would get the 5970. But if you want to wait until nvidia hits the market to compete against the 5970, and maybe prices will go down too.
 
As of now, the price of these cards are way too high.

The 5850 or GTX 470 are much better priced for the performance.
 
If you are an enthusiast, none of this should matter. Especially an electric bill. All in all, im going to call this personal preference. YES, there are few pro's and more cons' to Nvidia's lineup compared to ATI offerings

A 470 overclocked does amazing things. Now imagine a pair of those SLI.
 
The 480 shows it's real power at the higher resolutions, or on tessellation heavy games. For the price, I would buy a 470 or 5870.
 
If you really want to throw a wrench into the equation, the 5970, which is 2 chips on a card, uses LESS power than a single GTX 480. Also, the 5970 is about 40% faster on everything, with the exception of Tessellation.

Power.png


Good luck digesting that one. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top