Article ITT I attempt to review every movie I've seen.

Some like it hot?


Some_Like_It_Hot_poster.jpg


Title: Some Like It Hot
Year: 1959
Country of Origin: US
Director: Billy Wilder

Story: Two musicians witness a massacre and to avoid being killed by the mob they dress in drag and join an all girls musical group.

Review: Apparently AFI has listed this as the greatest American comedy of all time. Though this should be taken with a grain of salt, the folks at AFI are all pretty much pants on head retarded...dropping Fargo from their top 100 list. Anyway this is actually a funny movie from one of America's greatest directors, Billy Wilder. So...yeah, give it a watch.

[8.5/10]
 
Strange_Brew_%28theatrical_poster%29.jpg


Title: Strange Brew
Year: 1983
Country of Origin: Canada
Director: Rick Moranis/Dave Thomas

Story: It's like Hamlet, but with more beer.

Review: I haven't watched much SCTV so I didn't really have much knowledge of these two characters before I saw this. My friend convinced me that this was the perfect drinking movie...and I have to disagree. This isn't a good movie and maybe me not having watched SCTV is why I didn't like it or maybe it was because I was drunk...but I didn't like this movie all that much.

[5/10]
 
Last edited:
Title: A Bridge too far
Year: 1977
Country of Origin: GB/USA
Director: Richard Attenborough

Story: It's about the "Operation Market Garden" in the WWII.

Review: Old but good and It's not a unreal movie like "Inglorious Bastards".. if you like good WWII movies you have to watch it!


normwhat.gif



I haven't seen this movie...but it's a WWII film. There isn't any conceivable way that I could see every WWII film or even a large portion of them...there are just way to many of them.

Seriously here is a list of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_films
 
Last edited:
Alien_Resurrection_poster.jpg


Title: Alien Resurrection
Year: 1997
Country of Origin: US
Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Story: 200 years after Alien 3, a military organization clones Ripley to clone the aliens...or something like that.

Review: This film is alright. Not great, just alright. Jeunet directing a script written by Joss Whedon(Serenity/Firefly) was just a bad idea. The two are both so stylistically divergent that I can't imagine how it would have worked. Script issues aside though, the film is still entertaining and at least it's better than Alien 3.

[6/10]
 
Ravenous_ver1.jpg


Title: Ravenous
Year: 1999
Country of Origin: US
Director: Antonia Bird

Story: This film centers around cannibalism in the 1840s California.

Review: This is one is in my top ten favorite horror films. The film deals predominantly with the Wendigo myth, meaning by eating people you gain the strength...just like Kirby. Seriously though folks, I do recommenced you see this film. Even if you don't like horror films, watch this movie. It's well shot, well acted, well written and it has a brilliant score by Michael Nyman and Damon Albarn.

[9/10]
 
This one has been requested so many times I've lost count.


Movie_poster_Anchorman_The_Legend_of_Ron_Burgundy.jpg


Title: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Year: 2004
Country of Origin: US
Director: Adam McKay

Story: Manly man Ron Burgundy is out done by a woman.

Review: I've put off this one for a while now...because I don't know what to say about this. It's a funny film I guess, I did enjoy it the first time I saw the film...so I guess it has that going for it. My one issue is that so many people have quoted this film to hell and as such the jokes have since ceased to be funny.

[7.5/10]
 
Hmmm How about No Country for Old Men, which is one of my favorite films by the Coen Brothers.

or

There Will be Blood which was my favorite movie from 2007. Because Daniel Day Lewis is a straight BAMF.
 
Hmmm How about No Country for Old Men, which is one of my favorite films by the Coen Brothers.

or

There Will be Blood which was my favorite movie from 2007. Because Daniel Day Lewis is a straight BAMF.

I'm going to do the Coen brothers chronologically...for no particular reason. Also I'll do TWbB when I can thing of something to write...it's sort of my favorite film from the last decade, so I'll tackle it sooner or later.


Deep_Blue_Sea_%281999_film%29_poster.jpg


Title: Deep Blue Sea
Year: 1999
Country of Origin: US
Director: Renny Harlin

Story: I HAVE HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER F'IN SUPER SHARKS ON THIS MOTHER F'IN UNDERWATER SCIENCE LAB.

Review: Alright be honest, who remembers this movie. 1999 was a very busy year in the world of film and Deep Blue Sea was neither the best or most memorable film to come out that year. The premise involve genetically engineered super sharks who attempt to escape an underwater research facility. It's a big dumb action film that feels almost like Alien...but with sharks. Even with its stupid plot, bad acting and poor direction the film still is entertaining...and isn't that all that matter.

[6/10]
 
Last edited:
I'm going to do the Coen brothers chronologically...for no particular reason. Also I'll do TWbB when I can thing of something to write.


Deep_Blue_Sea_poster.JPG


Title: Deep Blue Sea
Year: 1999
Country of Origin: US
Director: Renny Harlin

Story: I HAVE HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER F'IN SUPER SHARKS ON THIS MOTHER F'IN UNDERWATER SCIENCE LAB.

Review: Alright be honest, who remembers this movie.......... It's a big dumb action film that feels almost like Alien...but with sharks. ..............Even with its stupid plot, bad acting and poor direction the film still is entertaining...and isn't that all that matter.

[6/10]


haha, i remember it because it had L.L Cool J and Samuel L. Jackson who gets eaten by a shark, that was actually quite funny too the way it happened.
 
haha, i remember it because it had L.L Cool J and Samuel L. Jackson who gets eaten by a shark, that was actually quite funny too the way it happened.

Yeah, Jackson going down was the most memorable part of the film. He was giving a big speech about how they were going to survive this and you're like, "Oh man Jackson is going to kick some a**." Then out of no where, bam shark jumps up and eats him. It was sort of a Psycho like moment, by killing off the biggest star. Lets the audience know that the whole cast is expendable.

Anyway I guess it's about time I reviewed this...though I was hoping to do- the Spielbergs in chronological order.


Saving_Private_Ryan_poster.jpg


Title: Saving Private Ryan
Year: 1998
Country of Origin: US
Director: Steven Spielberg

Story: Tom Hanks and company have to save Pvt. Ryan.

Review: Oh, hey look...another WWII film, how many are we up to now?

Anyway this is what many people consider the best WWII film, I would disagree with that statement...but this is still a solid film. The acting and direction are both solid. The script is a little lacking, but this is a Spielberg film and that's pretty much expected. If you want a good simple WWII film, then you can't do much better than Saving Private Ryan.

[9/10]
 
Well this is the 300th review and like a damn fool I've already reviewed 300. So here is a movie that I've been putting off for a while now.


Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg


Title: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Year: 1999
Country of Origin: US
Director: George Lucas

Story: An exciting space opera about space taxes and bacteria that lives in your blood.

Review: I was 11 when this film came out, I saw it in theaters and loved it...but then again I was 11 at the time. Now before I actually review this movie allow me to explain that I have seen the Red Letter Media review on this one and Attack of the Clones...so this review is going to be a little skewed. If you haven't seen the Red Letter Media reviews, then I recommend you watch them...even thought the first one clocks in at 70 min and the second at 90 min. They are both far more entertaining then the prequels. So if you have some time to kill and can stand some strong language then do yourself a favor and watch the Red Letter Media reviews.

So anyway this film is pretty damn bad. Even if this were the first Star Wars film to ever come out then it would still be pretty darn bad. The script, acting, direction, CGI, story, etc...were all poorly executed. Trust me there isn't any reason to sit through this film and to do so would just be a waste of your time.

[4/10]


Once again Red Letter Media, I can't post a link, because of the language of the video...but just google it and you'll find it.
 
Star_Wars_-_Episode_II_Attack_of_the_Clones_%28movie_poster%29.jpg


Title: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Year: 2002
Country of Origin: US
Director: George Lucas

Story: You know...I don't entirely know what this one was about. There are clones and robots and mysterious planets...oh and Lucas completely ruins Yoda.

Review: Well look at this, a sequel to a movie that I said not to watch. I wonder if this one fairs any better. No...no it doesn't. This is amazingly worse than the first one. I don't know how they pulled that off, but Lucas managed to do it. This film contains what is quite possibly the worst romance of all time...that's right, the worst romance of all time. The whole thing is so forced that I'm not entirely certain that Lucas knows anything about love...or even the basics about relationships.

Oh, and then there is Yoda. Lucas, you a-hole...why would you think that it would be a good idea to have Yoda fight. Are you retarded or something? I actually had to apologies to my father for making him sit through this film.

[3/10]
 
Last edited:
Anchorman was requested by me mostly, but a real movie review choice would be Gangs of New York. Also I remember Deep Blue Sea, it's always on Sci Fi (I refuse to call it "Sy Fy") along with all their other terrible movies
 
Star_Wars_Episode_III_Revenge_of_the_Sith_poster.jpg


Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Year: 2005
Country of Origin: US
Director: George Lucas

Story: Padm? lost the will to live...and so have I.

Review: I hope you're happy Lucas, in a six year period you've managed to take one of the most esteemed Sci-fi properties out there and turned it into a joke. I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan and I find what you've done with the prequels reprehensible. Of course that's not all...you're continuing to let your property slide down hill while that animated film that you let come out, a film that I was lucky enough to miss. Also I hear there is a live action series to come out...why would you do that?!?!?!? Don't you have enough money?

Sooooo...yeah...is this film any good? I guess the movie is alright, it has its problems...a lot of problems. I felt that this one was probably the best out of the three, though that's not saying much.

[5/10]
 
Last edited:
Cowboybebop-poster.JPG


Title: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Year: 2001
Country of Origin: Japan
Director: Shinichiro Watanabe

Story: The Bebop crew go after a terrorist whose threatening to end all life on Mars.

Review: I'm a massive fan of the Cowboy Bebop series and as such I'm a fan of the movie. Though the question is: Can I give a non-fan boy review of this film?

Well, I don't...but lets give this a try. My recommendation is to see the series before watching this film. The series introduces the characters and the premise better than the film does...so to go straight to the film would be a mistake. The film's plot is just alright, it's not exactly the deepest one out there. The action is well done and it's still an enjoyable film.

[8/10]
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top