Article ITT I attempt to review every movie I've seen.

Think I posted about this before, but have you seen SLC Punk? You can't resist a Matthew Lillard movie.
 
Got two for you from Government class. The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy and Idiocracy.
 
I think its worth the look, the story seems more different its more of a different story kind of. But its like the beginning of "Robin Hood" kind of. Its worth a look :)

Oh, I know. The story of how the new Robin Hood came about is both and interesting on and a sad one. The project first started with a script called "Nottingham", the basic plot of this script was that the Sheriff of Nottingham was the good guy, while Robbin Hood was a crazed thief. Basically a clever twist one a story that is a couple of centuries old. Anyway Crowe and Scott got a hold of the script and somehow turned it into what was released in theaters...how they did this, I'll never know.
 
Coffee_and_Cigarettes_movie.jpg


Title: Coffee and Cigarettes
Year: 1986-2003
Country of Origin: US
Director: Jim Jarmusch

Story: Eleven shorts shot in black and white. They star some of my favorite people as they muse about life, music and what not while smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.

Review: This one is really hit or miss and it's frankly Jarmusch's fault. He managed to pull together an amazing cast of people ranging from The White Stripes to Iggy Pop to Bill Murry to Alfred Molina and managed to make maybe 50% or so of the sketches interesting. Still it's pretty rare to see this much talent on screen and some of the shorts are actually really good. So I'd give the film a shot.

[7/10]
 
Never heard of it...but judging by SNL's track record with movies, I think I know why I haven't heard of it.



Haven't seen it. The thought of sitting thought another Robin Hood movie was just to much for me.

actually i have seen the latest robin hood movie w/ russel crowe in it & he hits it spot on. its just special effects that didnt really please me. i HIGHLY recommend that you watch the new version of robin hood.
 
actually i have seen the latest robin hood movie w/ russel crowe in it & he hits it spot on. its just special effects that didnt really please me. i HIGHLY recommend that you watch the new version of robin hood.

Yeah, I'll eventually see it. I always wind up seeing Scott films...speaking of which...


Legendposter.jpg


Title: Legend
Year: 1985
Country of Origin: UK/US
Director: Ridley Scott

Story: Tom Cruise and Unicorns...what more could one want?

Review: Apparently this film is another in a series of Ridley Scott films that were butchered by the studios. The film literally went from 125 minutes to 95 minutes for the UK release and 89 minutes for the US release. Yeah, I'm not kidding...the studios actually gouged out over half hour of film from this movie. In no great surprise the final product is a confusing and uninteresting mess, that happens to have Tim Curry in heavy make up. Now I haven't seen the 113 minute "Director's Cut" and that being the intended version, I cannot give this film a score.

[Not Scored]
 
hey beast, whats that movie that you reviewed bout king henry viii who ended up goin insane in his castle? i would really like to rent that movie.
 
How bout Fracture?
Didn't see it on the list, it has ANTHONY HOPKINS = instantly awesome.
Ok maybe not but I liked it a lot.
 
Got two for you from Government class. The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy and Idiocracy.

Haven't seen Distinguished Gentleman...but for my 500th review:


Idiocracy_movie_poster.jpg


Title: Idiocracy
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: US
Director: Mike Judge

Story: A man who is completely average in every conceivable way is cryogenically frozen, along with a hooker, as part of a US army experiment...ehh...to cut this short...Luke Willsion and Maya Rudolph wake up 500 years in the future where the average level of intelligence has drastically dropped.

Review: Already reviewed this one on Netflix:

"I initially purchased this when it came out on DVD to show some form of solidarity with Mike Judd against the bigwigs at Fox, who basically let the film flop. Upon viewing what I had purchased, I was disappointed. For me the satire was to blunt, to obvious, and far too bland. I went in expecting the genius that I had witnessed in Office Space and was delivered a dull comedy. The acting was on par with what you'd expect and the atmosphere of the film worked, but it did little to alleviate my overall disappointment. As time wore on I rewatched the film a few times and with each viewing it got slightly better. The bluntness of the satire seemed to work in a strange of way; the dialog seemed to hold a brilliance that is not seen on the initial viewing. All in all Idiocracy is a flawed film, with many rough edges that can detract from the enjoyment upon first viewing, but there is enough there to make this film rewarding experience."

[6.5/10]
 
Last edited:
"so like toilet water?"

and have you seen team america: world police?
 
Mike Judge's material has... crumbled since Office Space.

King of the Hill lost its charm a year or two into the show for me. Idiocracy isn't something I'd go out of the way to see but I'll leave it on when it comes on Comedy Central if there isn't anything more pressing. But The Goode Family, in its 13-episode streak, was the most bland and unfunny thing I've seen on Comedy Central in a long time. AND THERE'S A LOT OF THINGS TO COMPARE IT TO.

I missed Extract at the recommendation of friends for the same reasons.
 
Well I know there not really movies. But if you get tired of them try doing some mini series like Band of Brothers or V and stuff.
 
Hey Sexy, have you seen the trailer for the Coen Brothers next film?

It's called True Grit.

Here is the trailer : [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uco41pOKeJg[/ame]
 
Hey Sexy, have you seen the trailer for the Coen Brothers next film?

It's called True Grit.

Oh, I've seen it. I actually mentioned the remake when I reviewed the original True Grit and I still don't know what to think about it. I really do like True Grit, it's one of Wayne's best films...I also love the Coen brothers, so I don't know. I'll see the film regardless, but I'll have to reserve judgment until then.


Well I know there not really movies. But if you get tired of them try doing some mini series like Band of Brothers or V and stuff.

I'll get to some miniseries. Also I reviewed Band of Brothers back on memorial day.
 
Last edited:
Team-America-World-Police.jpg


Title: Team America: World Police
Year: 2004
Country of Origin: US
Director: Trey Parker

Story: AMERICA **** YEAH!!!!!!

Review: Trey Parker and Matt Stone are two incredibly talented and funny individuals. For 13 years they have managed to crank out a show that is almost consistently fresh and funny. They even made one of my favorite animated films with South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut. Team America though, like Idiocracy, is satirically too blunt. The films targets are big and the writers go at them with all the finesse of a walrus. Sure, it's done on purpose and yes, the humor of the film resonates will with a lot of people. Me though...not so much.

[6/10]
 
i really got tired of south park id say after the 1st or 2nd season. true, their material is fresh, but i just dont like the direction in it. when i heard bout the movie version of south park, i made sure to stay away from that. when i heard bout this movie, i watched the trailer & seeing how dumb it looked, i stayed away from it as well. now those guys did make a great movie w/ BASEketball.
 
Disney's animated Robin Hood (1973)?
Surely you've already seen it, anyone with a childhood or children has seen it.
 
Fracture2007Poster.jpg


Title: Fracture
Year: 2007
Country of Origin: US
Director: Gregory Hoblit

Story: Anthony Hopkins murdered his wife and admits to the murder, but no one can prove it.

Review: Previously reviewed on Netflix:

"Fracture is a by the numbers thriller that plays off of the strength of the two leading actors. That being said the performances in this film are brilliant and help push the film to its final twisty conclusion. Sadly that is all the film has going for it; the story is alright, but nothing to write home about and the characters are relatively stale. The film goes on to long and spends far too much time fleshing out stock characters. Depending on how impressed you are by the performances and the final twist will judge how you will score this. For me I've seen better twists and while Hopkins is amazing in role...he's no Hannibal Lecter here.

[6.5/10]
 
Last edited:
Back
Top