Battlefield Heroes

Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
63
My little brother showed me this over the past break. If you haven't heard of it, you should try it out. It's a Free-to-play WWII RPG shooter rendered in a 3d cartoon style; you can customize your looks, abilities, and specialty (4 classes).

What I like about it is it's really smooth. It runs off a client and the solid graphics don't tax your system at all. Also, the Commando Class (sniper) really demands accuracy because 1shot kills don't exist (when enemy has full hp); after playing it for a week my DOD sniping skills increased from consistent 2:1 ratio to 3:1 ratio. Any reservations you have about touching something that looks childish is surpassed by gameplay. You can actualy drive tanks, jeeps, fly planes, and operate anti-aircraft turrets.

Take a look: battlefieldheroes.com

and if you get it, use my referral link so we both get huge money bonuses: http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/ref/2284271067

*if you have Bad Company 2, it's made by the same company. You'll get free money bonuses if you have BC2 and put in your serial for Battlefield Heroes

*if enough people join, there's a clan system built into the game. maybe an EGO clan could happen...?
 
Last edited:
ya i played that game, its pretty fun
and i have to agree it takes some skill to be sniper.
 
It fun, bot i more to BF2 or BF-BC 2

took forever for it to come out, its fun but havent played it for quite some time now. and while it is free, for some of the special weapons/customizations you need to pay for credits to use and maybe this is more for Misc Games forums
 
Last edited:
yea its a great game but the whole buying weapons stuff is not cool so i own with the Thompson so all is good
 
If you own BC2, signing up for Heroes will fulfill the veteran requirement so you can use the M1.
 
i didnt mind paying 10 bucks because i think it'll have a long play value; considering lvling makes you stronger and getting to the lvl30 cap takes forever. I posted this in the DOD forums cuz the style fits closely to what we would play (WWII setting, flag caps). also, I need friends in there :3
 
Tried hated it every weapon looks the same. I like the cartoony graphics though. This doesn't relate to Day of Defeat Source. Should go on the off topic sections
 
I thought itd appeal most to DOD players because of its content, and since I only play DOD for EGO I hoped maybe I could introduce it to friends I have here :) I didn't find weapon variation to be a problem; for me, player class variation was enough to mix it up, as well as player class abilities(auras).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top