Help with mic in DOD:S

RoadHouseBum

Rookie
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
56
Ok, been trying for weeks..... changed headsets, even bought a USB type and still no mic.

ALL tests in all programs work, but, no one can hear me.

Now, I just figured this out:

In DOD:S, if I press (and hold) the "k" key, I can talk and others can hear me, but, it will not work like it is supposed to, it should just work when I talk.

As I said, I tested it with several program, and even in the DOD:S options, the test works fine.... Just in the game, I have to press and hold K or it will not send my voice.


Can anyone please help, I am going nuts over this one.....

Thanks for any help! :)
 
It sounds like everything is working as it should. DOD:S doesn't have a voice activated option, it's push-to-talk only.
 
oh.... you mean everyone is pressing a button to talk......

I could have sworn that I used to play this on another system and didn't have to press a button....

I guess I am loosing it.....

Thanks for the quick reply!!!! :)
 
Yes the mic is push to talk in DOD:S. You can always bind a different key to it. I personally use one of my mouse buttons to make it easier on me.
 
posting in epic topic haha! and yes everyone has to hold down there key silly tomato
 
Just a heads up, eGO vent server is the same way, your settings need to be push to talk on there as well.

Hope to hear you on soon.
 
Thats OK RoadHouse, there are no dumb questions, don't feel bad. If you don't know and you don't ask you will never know. This is what your friends at eGO are hear for. Happy Gaming!
 
I use the ctrl button personally. What i grew up, though its hard sometimes to shoot and talk =P
 
Back
Top