Anime Official Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great since you guys recomended K-On I am like officially addicted to it.

Which means I am going to have to get caught up on this anime, read its manga, and still keep track of Naruto Shippuden...

Once again, thanks for making my life a mess now lol.
 
Great since you guys recomended K-On I am like officially addicted to it.

Which means I am going to have to get caught up on this anime, read its manga, and still keep track of Naruto Shippuden...

Once again, thanks for making my life a mess now lol.

Naruto has too much whine and not enough beating up of the evil scene kid (Sasuke)
 
As I have said ad nauseam to those who ask, and I mean ad nauseam, FLCL is the best out there to me. It is what got me into anime and is what probably stopped me from getting extremely addicted to anime. For some reason that show was the pinnacle of all shows across all genres to me. It's almost like a bizarre drug. I still don't know how or why it affected me like that, but I think my life peaked when I saw the last episode. It's so weird of a show, yet it makes sense to me. It's like something I myself would make if I could make things that...weren't crap.

I also watch Baccano! and Gurren Lagan and they are pretty good. I enjoy them.
 
If we are allowed to recommend manga as well, something Mystery Penguin got me hooked on, The World Only God Knows. It is a comedy.
 
...this is about the 4th time this thread has been done :cool:

I've enjoyed many anime over the years, including many of the ones listed here...

I'm currently watching (again) the Hajime no Ippo and Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger series.

It's about a teenager who is bullied and then gets into boxing. If you have never seen them, you should check them out. Very well done and lots of humor.

Below is a review (not from me)

Review

At first glance, Hajime no Ippo seems like another Japanese anime series that the producers could have wrapped up in less than 75 episodes. However, unlike other ?too long for their own good? series? (Dragonball and Inuyasha come to mind), Hajime no Ippo brings the A-game every episode. The fighting animation does get repeated, but for the most part, it doesn?t affect the feel or movement of the series. The plot, for that matter, keeps the viewer on their toes, not setting the protagonists to win every match. This is refreshing in a time when ?feel-good? shows have turned into Disney-esque, happy-endings-for-all stories. As expected of an anime series, the boxing moves are quite exaggerated, especially the KO sequences. There are enough characters in this series to make it interesting, even though it becomes a hassle to remember all the names, especially for characters that return later in the series. Humour is a major plus in this series, and every viewer will enjoy a good laugh before having to hold their breaths again for the adrenaline-pumping fights to come.
 
Naruto has too much whine and not enough beating up of the evil scene kid (Sasuke)

Well you're right to a certain extent Beta, yet not all correct on the matter.

Naruto has fought Sasuke in the last episode of the original Naruto. He also fought Sasuke again (barely) in Shippuden when they go to search for him with Sai.

Although the anime show is not far enough in the timeline, then manga is. Naruto is close to fighting Sasuke once again.

But I have to agree with you on one level. For a ninja show that drilled rules of "no whining" it sure has a lot of those moments throughout the whole manga and show.
 
Nah Sasuke is just emo.

Another anime recommendation:

Solty Rei
Shikabane Hime
Busou Renkin
Black Lagoon (trust me, you'll love it)
Chrome Shelled regios
and ect...

Well for the current animes...just lurk it up yourselves!

I really don't have manga recommendations cause I read plenty of mangas and I really don't want to recall the names -.-
 
Ok, this is gana be my home thread from now on, also why is this not offical? Why does eGO feel the need to supress it. I've suggested an anime section of the forums but it was shot down. Judging by how quick this grew, theres a lot of anime fans.
You all should do the same! put a suggestion in the drop box!

ANYWAYS
I suggest a nice little anime called BLEACH!! RAWR!!! its where my name comes from!
Also Ergo Proxy
ergoz.jpg


Its a wonderfully dark anime with awesome god like action and mystery. Not to mention a hot protaginist ;).
 
Last edited:
Also lets all give thanks to beta for makin' this thread.

PS: Anyone watch bleach and or read the manga?
If so we have a lot to dicuss.
 
I watch Bleach, Hence the avatar.. And i watch Bleach on adult-swim on Saturdays, but it seams that there has not been a new episode of it in a while... Do you suggest i watch it on hulu (my main website for watching anime) in subtitles? I am tired of waiting for them to make a new episode on tv -.-
 
I watch Bleach, Hence the avatar.. And i watch Bleach on adult-swim on Saturdays, but it seams that there has not been a new episode of it in a while... Do you suggest i watch it on hulu (my main website for watching anime) in subtitles? I am tired of waiting for them to make a new episode on tv -.-

I would highly suggest you watch the subed version. Currently the subed ones that are coming out are on an extremely awesome part! I dont want to give a spoiler or anything but it they are finally airing ichigos fight with ulquiorra (had to google that spelling :D). In fact a new ep is coming out tonight!

I also suggest you read the manga, if you into manga. Its at a clutch part as well (again I cant go into specfics with out spoiling).


Oh btw happy belaited birthday!
 
I watch Bleach, Hence the avatar.. And i watch Bleach on adult-swim on Saturdays, but it seams that there has not been a new episode of it in a while... Do you suggest i watch it on hulu (my main website for watching anime) in subtitles? I am tired of waiting for them to make a new episode on tv -.-

I just checked Hulu, its way behind whats airing on Adult Swim.

AS has all the up to date english dubbed episodes, but they are at the point where its about to go into a filler (an arc that is apart from the main storyline). If you don't mind subs, I can send you a link to a site that hosts all the current episodes. But if you want the up to date Bleach storyline, you'll have to go read the manga, which is somewhat better if you don't want to tank through about 100 eps.
 
I just checked Hulu, its way behind whats airing on Adult Swim.

AS has all the up to date english dubbed episodes, but they are at the point where its about to go into a filler (an arc that is apart from the main storyline). If you don't mind subs, I can send you a link to a site that hosts all the current episodes. But if you want the up to date Bleach storyline, you'll have to go read the manga, which is somewhat better if you don't want to tank through about 100 eps.


While true, I think he should stop and watch the latest episode plus the 2-4 that are about to come out. We both know whats coming beta and I think seeing it animated will be SOOOO much sweeter than just seeing pics, buttt maybe not. Well see!
 
Well I'ma go ahead and blame R3D S3RPENT55 for my addiction to K-On!

Other than that I really enjoy One Piece, Naruto, Kenshin <3333, and... as for manga, I read a lot of Hikaru no Go, Kenshin, One Piece, Naruto >.<...
 
While true, I think he should stop and watch the latest episode plus the 2-4 that are about to come out. We both know whats coming beta and I think seeing it animated will be SOOOO much sweeter than just seeing pics, buttt maybe not. Well see!

Eh, but where the anime is now its going to take forever to get to where the manga is now (AKA the good stuff)
 
You should start watching the subed ones, after your all caught up you can deciade weither to read manga or just watch the eps.
 
Eh, but where the anime is now its going to take forever to get to where the manga is now (AKA the good stuff)

Ok kinda true, theres gana be an AWESOME fight in like 1-3 eps, then kinda nothing after that for a while. So after this next fight he should switch to manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top