Anime Official Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not going any lower than it already is!

-Bump Time~

So, anyone seen Break Blade? Anime/Manga doesn't matter I think it's pretty friggen epic if you ask me, you guys should check it out if you haven't. Note - It's a mecha. :D
 
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex

<3

I dont know much "about" anime, I just know I love that show.
 
Axis powers / World Series Hetalia
Death note (semi mature content/suggestive)
Prinsess Lover (Ecchi but still a good watch)
Pokemon (Because... Pokemon)
 
So, anyone seen Break Blade? Anime/Manga doesn't matter I think it's pretty friggen epic if you ask me, you guys should check it out if you haven't. Note - It's a mecha. :D

Not bad so far. Sadly only 3/6 have been released, but I'm working on 2/6 right now.

TBH, its pretty sweet to see a mecha less grounded in reality (think full metal panic), and more grounded in the realm of high fantasy without taking the total science fiction route (Gundam).

Verdict is in: all released episodes watched, and I must say Break Blade ranks amongst the best Mecha shows to have ever been released. Epic show, that is all.
 
Last edited:
Cool thread, my favorites are:

-Naruto
-Dragon Ball
-Pokemon
-One Piece
-Neo Genesis Evangelion
 
Well, time for another post, as I've just discovered an ongoing new show.

Once in a while you stumble across something new- something brilliant and fresh, something radiating pure gold. It happened with Baka To Test, with Angel Beats (rehashed characters I know- but beyond that.), with Break Blade, with Kampfer and Deadman Wonderland and Level E. And, it just so happens that we've been graced with yet another show that fits that bill perfectly.

Koe De Oshigoto is about a 16 year old high school girl, whose father died and left her and her family (mother and sister) in a tight spot financially. Her mother works several jobs, her sister works as the owner of an eroge studio, and she (the main character) goes to school. Anyways, the series kicks off with the main character visiting her sister at work, where she's promptly enlisted as a voice actress for their newest eroge. I'd go on, but then I'll probably spoil some of the plot (which, surprisingly enough for current ecchi's, isn't bad at all. It has a plot and a solid one at that thus far).

tl;dr- Watch Koe De Oshigoto!. Its a fresh show, with a pretty darn unique plot, and it approaches its ecchi theme from a different direction than most shows. Good change of pace, pure gold overall. Since I'm posting this on eGO forums, though, be warned- it has truly ecchi scenes that straddle the border between ecchi and its cousin term.

Still, watch Koe De Oshigoto!
 
Last edited:
Best anime's of all time are listed as follows:
DragonBall / Z / GT
Code Geass / r2
Hellsing OVA
Samurai Champloo
Gundam 00
Trigun
Death Note
Yu Yu Hakusho
Kenichi
Gantz
Berserk
Fist Of The North Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Golgo 13
FMA
Tenjou Tenge
 
Best Anime of ALL TIME: Gurren Lagann [Can't stop watching it. Just plain love it. Pretty short though. Can be finished in a 2-3 weeks if ur a real anime addict. (it's 27 episodes broken into 2 parts) if ur interested, there's 2 movies i know of based on the series. 1 covers the first half while the other covers the 2nd half. *NOTE: For all of you who're wondering if english dub is good, it's DECENT. That's all i'll say: DECENT. You're gonna have to put up with the cheesy lines for about 8-10 episodes but eventually they come back near the end. (not so bad though near the end)

Reccommendations (you have to watch these or at least a few episodes of em)

Bleach (There's a HUGE amount of crappy fillers though, i'd suggest just reading the manga)

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler): Very good anime. Drawing and art is great, storyline is something only anime could provide, and who doesn't want to see a badass demon butler? About the length of Gurren Lagann. (season 1 is broken into 2 parts like Gurren Lagann) You should watch only season 1 though. I didn't give a crap about season 2. *NOTE: English Dub is ACTUALLY GOOD. Not cheesy watsoever and pretty funny.*
 
Last edited:
Well, time for another post, as I've just discovered an ongoing new show.

Once in a while you stumble across something new- something brilliant and fresh, something radiating pure gold. It happened with Baka To Test, with Angel Beats (rehashed characters I know- but beyond that.), with Break Blade, with Kampfer and Deadman Wonderland and Level E. And, it just so happens that we've been graced with yet another show that fits that bill perfectly.

Koe De Oshigoto is about a 16 year old high school girl, whose father died and left her and her family (mother and sister) in a tight spot financially. Her mother works several jobs, her sister works as the owner of an eroge studio, and she (the main character) goes to school. Anyways, the series kicks off with the main character visiting her sister at work, where she's promptly enlisted as a voice actress for their newest eroge. I'd go on, but then I'll probably spoil some of the plot (which, surprisingly enough for current ecchi's, isn't bad at all. It has a plot and a solid one at that thus far).

tl;dr- Watch Koe De Oshigoto!. Its a fresh show, with a pretty darn unique plot, and it approaches its ecchi theme from a different direction than most shows. Good change of pace, pure gold overall. Since I'm posting this on eGO forums, though, be warned- it has truly ecchi scenes that straddle the border between ecchi and its cousin term.

Still, watch Koe De Oshigoto!

I'll take you up on your offer Caco. Let's see how this goes. Nice to see a different plot than 70% of animes out :]

EDIT: First Episode
Wow, that was so much...borederline. Good story though, feel extremely sorry for the 16 yr girl. >> Watched the second just now. Not borderline anymore. Passed.

Honestly. Eh. It's a good story, just one I can't watch all the way through...
 
Last edited:
Is anybody watching the new anime release this "season"? I have been watching Hidan no Aria which is outstanding!!! And I have also been watching Deadman Wonderland which is getting pretty good. Been also watching The World Only God Knows season 2 and I was planning on starting Ao no Exorcist soon.
 
I'll take you up on your offer Caco. Let's see how this goes. Nice to see a different plot than 70% of animes out :]

EDIT: First Episode
Wow, that was so much...borederline. Good story though, feel extremely sorry for the 16 yr girl. >>

:D. Unique plot though, ey? Whats your opinion on it? Going to finish the series, or was it too much :3.

personally I enjoyed the little plot twists along the way, and the show really came together in places like just after the "commercial break", if you will- the conference room scene where she is introduced to the script writer.
 
:D. Unique plot though, ey? Whats your opinion on it? Going to finish the series, or was it too much :3.

personally I enjoyed the little plot twists along the way, and the show really came together in places like just after the "commercial break", if you will- the conference room scene where she is introduced to the script writer.

Haha yeah um... unlikely. Not that I hate it, it's just.. a little to overbearing.

Well, Every time she does a voice act makes me want to skip it. Especially the part where she "sucks" her brothers finger? Almost just exited the browser. I mean, if it wasn't for the fact that she's 16 it'd be enjoyable. But, this is eeeh. Even typing this is straight borderline in eGO Forum terms...
 
Haha yeah um... unlikely. Not that I hate it, it's just.. a little to overbearing.

Well, Every time she does a voice act makes me want to skip it. Especially the part where she "sucks" her brothers finger? Almost just exited the browser. I mean, if it wasn't for the fact that she's 16 it'd be enjoyable. But, this is eeeh. Even typing this is straight borderline in eGO Forum terms...
Some of the things were just... too much. I am guilty of fast forwarding through a few scenes because of that. Overall, I'm willing to give it a try, with the express knowledge now that I'll likely be skipping through several minutes of each episode- the, um, well, what you mentioned (ex. after the conference meeting; back at school), was one of those times you just kind of sped the show along.

Moral of the whole tale is that I'm happy to finally find something unique, that took some amount of imagination to get together and has a well-writ plot for a change. A bit overboard, but simply becauseits a unique and compelling plot, skipping through some of the more extreme segments is worth it to me to complete the series (well, depending on the plot development of the next episodes; if it turns into "fanservice" thematically it'll likely be dropped overnight).

Hopefully this (referring to a unique plot and unique approach to the same old "theme") will transfer to some of my other favorite genres, including mecha (in a way, break blade relates to that) and romantic comedies.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, speaking of break blade, You should read the manga to, it's pretty epic sauce. And the anime skips a good bit of the story. Still the anime is awesome.
 
Started watching hidan no aria after seeing megas post since I like the manga, but OH MY GOD it is like watching a hybrid of toradora and shakugan no shana. Rei kugimiya does to many animes I end up watching so the characters all seem to blend together.


However only two episodes in and it does seem to stick fairly closely to the manga, so shall continue to watch and say good, but not great.
 
Started watching hidan no aria after seeing megas post since I like the manga, but OH MY GOD it is like watching a hybrid of toradora and shakugan no shana. Rei kugimiya does to many animes I end up watching so the characters all seem to blend together.


However only two episodes in and it does seem to stick fairly closely to the manga, so shall continue to watch and say good, but not great.

Ramp, that must have been you who came into my vent the other day then. Glad you are liking it. My sound was all messed up so voices got a bit distorted. It does stick to the manga, but I'm sure it is closer to the light novels. Rei does most of the J.C. staff anime, but I think she does a good job. Maybe because Shakugan no Shana is my all time favorite anime..... but still. Also, Deadman Wonderland is getting really good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top