Anime Official Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two that I bought and just found again: Gundam 0080:War in the Pocket, and Gundam 08th MS Team! I got them for a steal of $10 total at a convention!
 
About to go to bed when I saw on facebook two pages who posted the same link.

First 6 minutes of Evangelion 3.0

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV4jBw9Tu2k[/ame]


If you haven't watched Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 you will have no idea what is going on.
 
Just joined and I'm really glad to see this thread has so much action :)

My name is in reference to Nazo no Kanojo X.


To get this thread talking again I have a question for all of you. What got you into anime, And what was the first anime you watched?

Mine was Angel Beats! to answer both questions.


When I was younger, I used to watch anime without even realizing it was anime. Lupin III, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Detective Conan, Pokemon, and Dragonball were all shows I watched on TV. A couple-few years ago a friend reintroduced me to anime and I discovered it all over again.


About to go to bed when I saw on facebook two pages who posted the same link.

First 6 minutes of Evangelion 3.0


If you haven't watched Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 you will have no idea what is going on.

I still have to watch the movies after End of Evangelion. When I heard about 3.0 I decided I would wait and use them as a refresher/continuation of the series when it was released. There's also the Madoka Magica movie that's getting more showings here in the US... I'll have to re-watch that series again, too.

----------


I've been a little busy lately so I've just been focused on some of the ongoing shows: Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Magi, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Code; Breaker have all been enjoyable - some more than others of course. I put Chuunibyou, Robotics; Note, and SAO on hold for the meantime.
 
Last edited:
First anime I ever watched... hmm.. I don't renember. I think it was Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, or Gundam Seed.


Right now i've been watching SAO once the episodes are released, and it has been only a few weeks since I started watching anime VERY frequently.

On annother note, Accel World is a really good series. :D
 
Am I the only one here who still watches Lupin the third?
 
Last edited:
Am I the only one here who still watches Lupin the third?

Nope, although I haven't watched the old series in quite some time... I had a lot of trouble containing my excitement with the recent Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna. I have all of it on my HDD for whenever I happen to feel like watching some.
 
HotD is good for what it is - pure fanservice and nothing more, but those shows grow old very quickly.

It's really a shame because it had potential. Any chance it had at being taken seriously though, even for a brief moment, is ruined by a panties/breast shot.

In the first/second episode you saw a bit of what they had to deal with being put in that situation which played into what could have been a good story, but they quickly dropped that and just went with the peep show.
 
Last edited:
HotD is good for what it is - pure fanservice and nothing more, but those shows grow old very quickly.

It's really a shame because it had potential. Any chance it had at being taken seriously though, even for a brief moment, is ruined by a panties/breast shot.

In the first/second episode you saw a bit of what they had to deal with being put in that situation which played into what could have been a good story, but they quickly dropped that and just went with the peep show.

I don't really mind fanservice, so I enjoyed the show. Also, zombies.
 
It's not that I dislike fanservice, but I want to emphasize that any time the show had a good chance at bringing out a story or any emotion to a scene, they would throw in blatant fanservice which completely negated any possibility of taking that moment seriously.

I remember a scene where a girl had been caught in a swarm of zombies. It was a famous scene in many zombie films where the person is essentially crowd-surfing the zombies and pulled into the swarm and dismembered, intestines torn out, etc... It was a great opportunity to instill that emotion of helplessness into the viewer, but instead they had to have her shirt rip open and focus entirely on that peep show.

That's why HotD is good for what it is, but it's incredibly frustrating because it could have easily been so much more than a fanservice anime; so much wasted potential.
 
Last edited:
So I picked up Mirai Nikki a couple of weeks ago and just finished that up. I enjoyed the story a lot. A few things here and there I would have liked to have seen different but all in all a solid show. If you haven't watched it yet, definitely worth checking out.
 
I'm almost done with Fate Zero and I currently have this beautiful/sad song stuck in my head
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWUbvcHBdQE[/ame]
 
Just finished Fate Zero.
Fantastic Series. Terrific animation. Voice Acting was superb. Ending was satisfying. A bit depressing but satisfying.


I've watched too many sad/depressing series lately. Black Lagoon, Dead Man Wonderland, Clannad, Higurashi(all 4 series), Fate Zero.
Can someone give me a good nonsensical series?
 
Just finished Fate Zero.
Fantastic Series. Terrific animation. Voice Acting was superb. Ending was satisfying. A bit depressing but satisfying.


I've watched too many sad/depressing series lately. Black Lagoon, Dead Man Wonderland, Clannad, Higurashi(all 4 series), Fate Zero.
Can someone give me a good nonsensical series?


For nonsensical comedies it doesn't get much better than Nichijou or Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (daily lives of highschool boys).

Danshi Koukousei is short - 12 or 13 episodes with a few 2-3min OVAs. Nichijou is a couple seasons... I think 26 episodes and because of it's style it can be hit or miss, but ultimately it's truly a comedic classic. I really can't recommend these two enough.

There's also others such as School Rumble (light-hearted romantic comedy) or Great Teacher Onizuka (can have it's serous moments; it's also a classic).

Honestly, those listed thus far (maybe excluding School Rumble) are all anime I believe every fan should watch at least once.

If you don't mind getting a little weird, you can watch MM! or Hen Zemi (very perverted comedy).

For ongoing series, the current ongoing Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is a great romcom (although it's more like a "comrom"), or if you don't mind something weird there's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (not in the perverted sense this time... it's just weird).

Honorable mentions: Binbougami ga! (hit or miss, but short and contains some true laugh out loud moments), Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!, Yuru Yuri, and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (which has a 2nd season coming out this upcoming winter season).
 
Last edited:
I'm currently watching: (In order of priority)

Toradora!
Nichijou
Kara no Kyoukai (Currently at movie 4)
Kill Me Baby
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Seitokai no Ichizon Lv2

Just finished watching:
Fate / Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
Seitokai no Ichizon

As for my favorites, it'll always be; Clannad + After Story, Air and Kanon. Maybe add in GTO and Hokuto no Ken as well.

UBW Movie is fantastic! It was very well made, and seems like a very high budget movie. It reminded me that I haven't started Heaven's Feel on my game yet. Speaking of anime movies, I really wish I could watch 009 Re:Cyborg.
 
This week's Bleach chapter

TUKGK.gif
 
Just started up Fate/Zero. I am 7 episodes in and loving it. Probably enjoying it a little more than Fate/Stay Night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top