Anime Official Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, I just started watching/reading Cromartie.
Finished watching it, still reading.
It's hilarious.

Part of the appeal for me with Cromartie is the DVD design...they all look like vinyl records!
 
Just finished the first season of Fate/Zero. Awesome. I love it more than Fate/Stay Night.

Also, large image incoming!
winter_2013.jpg
 
Last edited:
Winter Season is looking pretty bad, at least for me, since most of the shows I wanted to see are either cancelled or turned out to be 5 minute shows ( not necessarily bad, just kinda let down )

Train Hero - Cancelled or delayed
Savanna Game - Cancelled or delayed


Boku no Imouto - 5 min, 12 ep
Nekomonogatari - Good show but only 4 episodes and all of them are airing at once
Ai Mai Mi - 5 min
Ishida to Asakura - 3 min
Mangirl - 5 min 13 episodes
Senyuu - 5 min
Yama no Susume - 5 min


Up to Tomodachi, Chihaya, Tamako Mart, and Maoyuu to carry this season.


Honorable hopefuls - Bakumatsu Roman, Minami-ke, Zettai Unlimited, Ore no Kanojo (mostly due to being made by A-1), AKB0048 2



Less good shows

Da Capo 3 - Average staff who worked on average shows making a 4th (yes 4th) version of the same dating sim, enough is enough.

Cuticle Detective - Manga is actually fairly decent, however the studio making this is pretty much C tier and have only made 2-3 worthwhile shows out of about 20.

Hakkenden - Decent studio behind this, however based on the authors past works this is potentially going to be a supernatural shounen ai show, which I'm not into.

Kotoura-San - By the director of the first season of minami-ke and yuruyuri so this could be good, however 4-koma adaptions have a bigger chance of either being really good (seitokai yakuindomo, b gata h kei) or really really bad (morita san)

Mondaiji-Tachi - Actually has pretty much the same plot as another currently airing show (Ixion Saga), only difference being is this one is more of an echii rather than comedy.

Senran Kagura - Pretty much just an echii martial arts series from the look of it. Considering it will probably have a flimsy plot and rely on fan service, no real reason to watch this show over other ones that have come before it such as Ikkitousen and histories strongest disciple.

Vividred Operation - Created by the guy who made strike witches and written by the guy who came up with Seikon no Qwaser. For those not familiar with the shows, it is highly likely this show will bombard you with no pants and fan service comparable to that of to-love-ru (which is, by the way, a lot).

Sasami-san - Basically Sakurasou, only the girl is lazy and a shut in, rather than being so focused on one thing and ignoring how to do anything else. I want to like this show because Shaft, and the director for awesome shows such as Bakemonogatari, Hidamari Sketch, Yu Yu Hakusho, however the plot for this is just not something I can easily get behind. Sounds like we are watching a generic harem romcom unfold through someone elses eyes.



Luckily though there is light at the end of the dark echii generic winter with shows for the rest of 2013 (this is based on what I know about the source or prequals and could change depending on production company and or staff involved)

Spring -

Aku no Hana
Attack on Titan (I really really really really hope they don't screw this show up, because the manga is incredible)
Dansai Bunri
Devil Survivor 2
Gargantia
Hataraku - The plot for this sounds meh, but it's produced by the company that made Jormungand, Steins Gate, and Tears to Tiara.
Higurashi Outbreak
Karneval
Ore no Imouto
Valvrave - Original mecha show, but the production company behind this has experience making some decent mecha shows (Armored Trooper Votoms, Code;Geass) so we shall see.

Summer -

Sailor Moon (yes)
Tamayura 2

Unkown -

Blood Lad
Danganronpa
Fate/Kaleid - A bit hesitant on this one mostly due to the production company not being the ones who did Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night, plus they are mostly known for bad generic rom coms.
Phi Brain 3
The World God Only Knows 3
Rozen Maiden
Kino no Tabi
Nozoki Ana
Saint Young Men Movie
Mushishi
Witch Craft Works
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san
 
Last edited:
I didn't know Senran Kagura is getting an anime version. It's a pretty good game on the 3DS, so I'll probably go watch it soon.

I'm waiting for Haganai NEXT and Hetalia.

Because of the break, I now have some time to watch, and I'm really hooked on Kimi ni Todoke, Toradora and Sukinayo. Can you guys please add some suggestions to that list?
 
Any ____monogatari series I am most definitely interested in. I have a special place for bake/nisemonogatari.

I'm honestly tired of hearing about Tamako Market; being KyoAni it's of course going to get a great deal of attention, but it just doesn't look interesting to me. I thought Chuunibyou this season was mediocre as well, but people seem to disregard actual quality over what I consider to be so-so moe.

Second season of Boku wa Tomododachi ga Sukunai should be decent at least... something to watch. I don't think it will be anything worth getting excited for, though.

I'm certainly hopeful for Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman; the fact that Monkey Punch is involved has me interested.
 
i'm so excited for Hetalia~! <3
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZeDaSs-r38[/ame]

other than Hetalia, I'm hoping to see AKB0048 and Kuroko no Basuke.
 
Spring Preview in Chart Form


From Left to Right



Yahari - Photo Kano - Valvrave - Devil Survivor 2 - Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyoujin) - Dansai Bunri

Hayate no Gotoku - Line Offline - Hataraku - Red Data Girl - Yondemasuyo - Namiuchigiwa

Arata Kangatari - Aku no Hana - Gargantia - Uta Prince 2000% - Karneval - Hyakka Ryoran

GK Majestic Prince - Date a Live - Ore no Imouto - Aiura - Yuyushiki - Hentai Ouji


Not shown

Kara
Higurashi Outbreak


Possibly Airing in Spring

Danganropa
Suisei no Galgandia


1357123926743.jpg
 
Not technically an anime but awesome non the less.


http://bakuhatsubutsu.livejournal.com/7835.html


The guy who voices Gintoki and Kyon hosts a video game show and has either all or mostly voice actors as guests.


Along with playing games they actually talk a bit about the industry it self.



p.s watching Kyon, Madoka and Kyousuke play Left 4 Dead completely made my day
 
While I'm only a few shows into winter, I am not very impressed right now. Maybe I pick some of the weaker shows to start. I will make a post about my opinions on the shows later. What thoughts do you guys have so far for the winter anime?
 
While I'm only a few shows into winter, I am not very impressed right now. Maybe I pick some of the weaker shows to start. I will make a post about my opinions on the shows later. What thoughts do you guys have so far for the winter anime?


Show Order For Season Counting Carry Overs


Not even worthy of being next to these other peasant shows tier

Amnesia

Da Best Tier

1. Shinsekai Yori
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Nekomonogatari Black
4. Psycho Pass
5. Zetsuen no Tempest
6. Minami-ke
6. Bakumatsu Roman
7. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
8. Robotics;Notes
9. Zettai Unlimited
10. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
11. AKB0048

Some promise, but still just kind of meh

12. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
13. Hakkenden
14. Magi
15. Ishida to Asakura
16. Yama no Susume

Please sir can I have my brain cells back tier

17. Cuticle Detective
18. Mangirl!
19. Senran Kagura
20. Little Busters
21. Ai Mai Mi
22. Love Live!
23. Da Capo III
23. Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"


Show Order For Winter Only


Amnesia


1. Nekomonogatari Black
2. Miname-ke
2. Bakumatsu Roman
3. Zettai Unlimited
4. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
5. AKB0048
6. Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
7. Yama no Susume
8. Ishida to Asakura
9. Cuticle Detective
10. Mangirl
11. Senran Kagura
12. Ai Mai Mi
13. Love Live!
14. Da Capo III
14. Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka okan"


A few things to note:


Miname-ke and Bakumatsu are tied currently

Da Capo and Boku no Imouto are tied currently as well

For Love Live! There is basically zero reason to watch this over AKB0048. They are both shows about idols and AKB does it 3000% better. This is also the exact plot of Tari Tari with a few minor changes here and there. Another thing is this show tried to build up a bunch of suspense and drama in the first episode, but then completly spoiled it in the opening song which makes continuing it a complete waist of time, however it does seem like a good show for reaction pics / gifs which is why it is one spot above Da Capo and Boku.

For Hakkenden I almost had to drop this show not even half way through it due to how completely stupid one of the characters are. Later in the episode the same character falls for the exact same thing again, literally the exact same thing, which made me flip tables and want to shoot myself full knowing how amazing the spring and summer season for anime will be. Luckily while I was debating this I noticed that we would never have to see, what seemed to be a main character ever again so I decided to re watch it with this in mind and came to the conclusion that this show could at least be somewhat interesting.

Anime of the Year - Amnesia





Depending on the next episode JoJo will likely take over Shin Sekai. Magi and Sakurasou have gotten better and will likely improve next week, but I didn't want to move them just yet since not all the shows have aired just yet.



Tomodachi, Chihaya, and Tamako Market have still not yet aired, and over all there will be some definite worthwhile shows to watch but for right now all that can be said is anime spring season can not get here fast enough.
 
Last edited:
So, i just finished air gear manga today and i was really impressed by it. I would recommend this manga for you guys to read.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top