Anime Official Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I spent the weekend watching both series of Clannad. First series I laughed my arse off. Second... so many tears, man. So many tears. I could barely go a single episode without crying my eyes out. I'd recommend it to all of you.
 
So I spent the weekend watching both series of Clannad. First series I laughed my arse off. Second... so many tears, man. So many tears. I could barely go a single episode without crying my eyes out. I'd recommend it to all of you.

After Story is a great series. Loved it but still can't watch it again yet. :crying:

On an unrelated note, New episode of Girls und Panzer airs today. :w00t:
 
On an unrelated note, New episode of Girls und Panzer airs today. :w00t:

One of the few shows I dropped after watching the first episode. Though I have heard a lot about it and will probably pick it up after it finishes airing.

My favorite show lately has been Psycho Pass. The story and character development is really good. Add to that the music by EGOIST (Chelly of supercell).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyJCjbXzcKc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hq0-47hyds[/ame]

Also I found this site for Anime season Previews - http://anichart.net/

Nothing really stand out to me except the 2nd season of Oriemo and the 2nd season of Railgun
 
Last edited:
Nothing really stand out to me except the 2nd season of Oriemo and the 2nd season of Railgun

True, but there are some things that i looking towards other than oreimo s2 and railgun s2. Overall its not a bad season at all..
 
True, but there are some things that i looking towards other than oreimo s2 and railgun s2. Overall its not a bad season at all..

True, I rarely judge a series based on a plot summary alone. Every anime season I will watch at least episode 1 and maybe 2 of every show that is starting, unless it is a kiddie show....
 
On an unrelated note, New episode of Girls und Panzer airs today. :w00t:
Oh, damn! Really? 'Been wait'n for the next ep, completely forgot when it's supposed to be out! xD

'n, yeah, aside from Railgun S and Oreimo 2nd Season, growin' interested in, uh... I might give the new Hayate a chance...? 'Disliked the artstyle chosen by manglobe ever since they got hold of it, though... -_-

Shingeki no Kyoujin looks interesting, at least- Steampunk, ftw'!-
 
So I spent the weekend watching both series of Clannad. First series I laughed my arse off. Second... so many tears, man. So many tears. I could barely go a single episode without crying my eyes out. I'd recommend it to all of you.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Clannad only has 1 season that stops at episode 21.

As for spring, these are the 4 main shows I am waiting for:
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
Shingeki no Kyojin

There are some other things here and there that I might give a shot to be fair. But the ones above are ones i will be most eager to start. And Vertago, I use that same method. After 2/3 episodes, if I don't see myself enjoying or coming back within 48 hours of the episode being aired, I usually won't bother to finish. Although that's usually from a lack of interest in the story and progression.
 
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Clannad only has 1 season that stops at episode 21.

:glare:Bzzzt, Clannad actually has 24 Episodes, 23 (1-22 are the main story and 23 was a summer episode) aired regularly on TV then the 24th was a Alternate Universe OVA with Tomoyo.

"Clannad: After Story" is the 2nd season which picks up where the first season ended. "After story" also has 24 episodes with 1-22 being the main story and 23 being a OVA which takes place one year before the events of the beginning of the story. Episode 24 is another Alternate Universe with Kyou.

There is also a movie but honestly i would not recommend watching it until after finishing "After Story"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clannad_episodes
 
Last edited:
:glare:Bzzzt, Clannad actually has 24 Episodes, 23 (1-22 are the main story and 23 was a summer episode) aired regularly on TV then the 24th was a Alternate Universe OVA with Tomoyo.

"Clannad: After Story" is the 2nd season which picks up where the first season ended. "After story" also has 24 episodes with 1-22 being the main story and 23 being a OVA which takes place one year before the events of the beginning of the story. Episode 24 is another Alternate Universe with Kyou.

There is also a movie but honestly i would not recommend watching it until after finishing "After Story"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clannad_episodes

Indeed, to me referring to them both separately as Clannad and Clannad: After Story seems about as logical to me as referring to K-On! and K-On!! as separate anime, so I just called it both series of Clannad.

Speaking of which, I started playing the visual novel on Monday, would recommend.
 
Indeed, to me referring to them both separately as Clannad and Clannad: After Story seems about as logical to me as referring to K-On! and K-On!! as separate anime, so I just called it both series of Clannad.

Speaking of which, I started playing the visual novel on Monday, would recommend.

I could never get into visual novels...they just do not appeal to me:(
 
I could never get into visual novels...they just do not appeal to me:(

This is the first VN I've played. I can see why it wouldn't appeal to you, the same way books don't appeal to many people. Anime helps bring the static characters from VNs to life, the same way they do with manga, too.

However, I personally like the static backdrops, characters and text because it means I can appreciate the artwork and whatnot at my own pace. Also, its pretty cool to be able to make your own decisions and how they split into different paths, and the Clannad VN has waaay more content in it than the anime, it seems, even in the true route that was adapted.
 
*Sigh* It seems nobody understood what I meant. But then again, I did have a bit of a typo due to being overly tired. I meant to say 18. And yes, I know Clannad has more then one season. But the first season, episode 18, is where it ended for me. Figure it out @_@.

For those who can't/don't want to figure it out, here:
As someone with a background in the VN, I have a little more knowledge than those people who just watch the anime. From this, I know which characters have better stories and are better matches for Tomoya. It seems that because the anime followed Nagisa's route, the common idea of "Nagisa is the best for him" is well, :chair:. Personally, along with others I know who have played the VN, many of us agree that Kotomi and Kyou's routes are much better. Generally, an anime will take the route they are focusing on, and take the best aspects of it for the anime which is why people think it is the "best". Granted it isn't bad in the VN, but others are much more developed and have better stories.
 
*Sigh* It seems nobody understood what I meant. But then again, I did have a bit of a typo due to being overly tired. I meant to say 18. And yes, I know Clannad has more then one season. But the first season, episode 18, is where it ended for me. Figure it out @_@.

For those who can't/don't want to figure it out, here:
As someone with a background in the VN, I have a little more knowledge than those people who just watch the anime. From this, I know which characters have better stories and are better matches for Tomoya. It seems that because the anime followed Nagisa's route, the common idea of "Nagisa is the best for him" is well, :chair:. Personally, along with others I know who have played the VN, many of us agree that Kotomi and Kyou's routes are much better. Generally, an anime will take the route they are focusing on, and take the best aspects of it for the anime which is why people think it is the "best". Granted it isn't bad in the VN, but others are much more developed and have better stories.

Ah, I see what you mean now. That sort of thing doesn't seem to communicate well over the internet if you try to be subtle about it. I honestly think
Nagisa and Tomoya were the best choice out of them
but of course that view is subject to change as I play through the VN.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top