- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
First off, let me say that I am aware that I announced this would be out this last Tuesday, but...oh well. Here it is now. haha. I have no need to explain myself.
Feel free to comment on any/all parts of this. I was gonna be a forum-whore and break this down into a 2-4 part series of threads, but instead went for the one, uber-long thread, approach. So...let's just set a new "most times commented/viewed" record, guys and gals. hahaha
I wanted to get this out of the way early, just incase I lost your attention...a bunch of people wanted me to be interviewed for this week's 'Weekly e Interview' so I announced like a week ago for people to send me questions they wanted me to answer. The results? THREE people responded with questions--one of which was already going to be asked anyways (one of my standard questions). Like...WTF guys? Three people?
I tell ya what...it's not too late until I post it, which I might put off until tomorrow night now. So...step it up ladies and gentlemen. Don't make things lame/disappoint me, now.
RANDOMNESS #2 - Pavlov's Cell Phone
My phone has been set to silent with vibrate on for as long as I have had a cell phone (like the last ten years or something) so now...I have developed super powers. I can be across the house (three rooms away--60ft or so) and I can hear my phone vibrating when somebody is calling. My alarm clock is useless in getting me up. Seriously--I can crank the thing as loud as it goes and it won't wake me. HOWEVER, my if my phone is sitting on my nightstand and I get a text message, that one vibration will wake me instantly. It's messed up.
RANDOMNESS #3 - C@
Our male cat's head smells like Hawaiian pizza right now. No, we haven't had Hawaiian pizza or anything with pineapples for a loooong time. Not sure what's going on there...
RANDOMNESS #4 - Dora. Dora the Explora.
So I discovered the other day that it is fun to watch Dora the Explorer just to argue with her. I am fully aware that it's completely irrational, but it's still fun. Try it some time!
"Help the super kids lift us up! Lift! Lift! Lift!"
Um, how about not. If you want a better view, my lazy butt isn't going to lift you to see it. There's a tree right over there, you can climb it.
"Point at the pile of bananas!"
Why?
"Uh oh, los ninos..."
Ok, stop throwing in random Spanish. One or the other--choose, dammit.
"...are thirsty! What can we use to give them a drink?! Look in the backpack!"
*random backpack song*
Why are we singing now? Just look in the damn backpack. And I'm not doing it, you do it. It's your backpack. Why did you pack so much random garbage in here? Maracas? Really? Incase I forgot you were hispanic? A...a stethoscope? Really?
"Is this what we want?"
*points at maracas
No, you stupid little brat.
"What about this?"
*points at a beach ball
What? No. Stop being a moron. We're running out of daylight and then I'll be stuck out here in the dark with you, two babies, and your damn monkey. Why couldn't you pack a flashlight with this stuff? In fact, you know what, I am done with your nonsense, Dora.
RANDOMNESS #5 - Darts...and not the Dodge kind.
Watching ESPN the other day. All of a sudden World Darts Championships come on. I thought it was a joke. My ESPN is showing...darts. And get this--they are in this room filled with THOUSANDS of people just cheering on these TWO guys playing like 30 games of darts.
The real kicker came about halfway through when the announcer said that, "(the one guy) is 50 years old but not even showing any signs of aging in his game yet." Wow....really? In the strenuous professional sport of darts, the guy at 50 isn't showing it yet? WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY?!
RANDOMNESS #6 - The YSD threads.
Sometimes I can't help but think to myself....'Ya know what? My threads are doing "Iron Man" numbers so...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-VzNAkhJo&NR=1"]I just don't care anymore...[/ame]'
RANDOMNESS #7 - Japs ain't nothin'
So I was watching The Pacific with Ides the other day. Sledge, after seeming kinda like a wuss, stepped it up and is looking like he is gonna be hero of the series. Ides and I were surprised until we came to the shocking realization that it's no wonder he is handling war so well--the dude already had to battle Tyrannosaurus Rex and Velociraptors when he was a little kid. That pretty well sets you up to be able to handle anything...
RANDOMNESS #8 - Outback
So I went to Outback Steakhouse with my family like a week ago (first time in a loooong time) and it made me think of our Aussia brethren, lol. Because....I am sure the Australian environment at Outback is TOTALLY what guys like London's houses look like, with various aboriginal weapons and paintings of koalas all over the walls, lol.
They made the mistakes of, 1) Taking waaaayyyy too long to bring out our food, and, 2) Giving me things to play with. First off, in my mom's strawberry tea there was what seriously looked like a little plastic spear (no, not just a plastic toothpick thing) holding the strawberries. She let me have it and 0.2 seconds later it was teamed up with a spare straw for an impromptu dart gun. My dad said I should test it out on the ceiling, pointing out that they had the right kind of ceiling tiles (hey, my antics have to come from somewhere, right?). Didn't stick.
Having to move on to something new to amuse ourselves, we cleared off the middle of the table and my mom and I took turns, seeing who could spin the knife the most rotations in one try without flinging it off the table (again...my antics had to come from somewhere, lol). I had one going very well (finished with 46 rotations) when the waiter finally came back to the table, so--as revenge for his taking FOREVER to get us our food--we made him stand there with our food and wait for us as the knife spun on the table so we could get the final number. hahahaha. Good times.
RANDOMNESS #9 - TMWSAG:TVG
It would be kinda cool (and confusing) if there were a "The Men Who Stare At Goats" video game. You could have like 50 people running around a server (or half of them just sitting there instead haha) and then people just explode or fall over out of nowhere. Some people would be amused for hours, others would just be like "..."
RANDOMNESS #10 - general General
Why in the world are the highest ranks given the most boring name? I mean, "general" by definition is like "normal" or "routine" I guess...yet it is a high-end, hard-to-achieve, fricken sweet rank. Then you have the lowly "Private." I mean, "private" things are pretty special, or, obviously, your "privates" and stuff...but it's the lowest rank. Uhhhhh....what? And then right in the middle (ok, so not really, but you get it), you have "Major." Shouldn't "Major" be at the top? Gyyyyaaaarrrrggghhh....
RANDOMNESS #11 - Da Show
So MLB: The Show is the best baseball game I have ever played (any year/version), but after a while it gets a little boring. I mean, come on, it's baseball...so I have to find things to amuse myself. I make the "all Asian" team and see how well they will do. Or maybe the "longest names I can find" team. The latest one is "All girl's names" team. They were sub-par for years, but managed to win the 2031 World Series.
Any other ideas for teams I can make? lol
RANDOMNESS #12 - You stink
So the other day, my brother (who is probably the dumbest teacher I know haha) was going on and on about how women's sense of smell is at least 10x greater than men's. Uhhh...last time I checked, we're not completely different species. Now, granted, women DO have a better sense of smell (even almost 2x as good as men's by some tests), but <200% is a bit different than 1000%. He says "same difference", so I think I am gonna have him order a computer for me online through his work. I'll tell him that I'll pay him back the $1000 and when it comes time to pay up and he gets $197.48, I'll just tell him "Meh, same difference!"
RANDOMNESS #13 - Drawl, y'all
So it's a little disturbing that I can identify a Southerner from IMing (and especially on Vent) more than a person outside of North America, even if English isn't their primary language. This got me thinking...if I can identify them as a Southerner (aka definitely American) more than some of these "foreigners"...then can't anybody else? Therefore, I think that means that that slow, southern drawl, is easier to identify as "American" than anything else. Lovely. THANKS, GUYS.
RANDOMNESS #14 - Cinna-what?
Really? Cinnamon gum? Why do people use that? Why do they even sell it? "Oh, I need to freshen up my breath"...WITH THE SMELL OF CINNAMON?! Am I the only one baffled by this?
RANDOMNESS #15 - Primed and ready
Man I wish there were a 'Grenadier' class in DoD:S...as in nothing but like 6 nades and a pistol. Man I would love that! I love messing around with nades (whenever I am regularly playing I am always in the top nade kill list) and that would be fun. Maybe too powerful tho.
Ooh! How about a "mortar" class?! Hmmmm
RANDOMNESS #16 - LAST, but not last
I am pretty sure that my most-used remote control button is the 'Last' one. Anybody else do what I do and find not just one, but the two things on TV they'll most wanna watch and then you just flip back and forth between the two during commercials or boring parts? It's the best. But then you have the moments where both are at commercial and you just completely spaz out and flip back and forth at lightspeed, until one is back?
RANDOMNESS #17 - "Dead nades"
So last night I was playing on the Suicide Kings <SK> server. I like to play there when Kalt is empty because it seems like they ALWAYS have some random map I've never seen before in my life so it's always new and fresh.
ANYWAYS...
I am running around as Allied Support and I have a nade primed. Our MG just opens up on me AND THEN gets up and runs at me. My dead nade kills him and another guy (ff is on lol). They're pissed, as if it were my fault...
So when I respawn, I switch to my nades and prime one again (the Axis were close to us and it was a small, tight, map). The MG, to "pay me back" for killing him with my nade, shoots me in the head with his pistol. My nade falls right outside of spawn, where I was.
You see what's coming.
Just then a ton of Allies spawn and my nade kills NINE teammates. I catch a TON of crap for this and people wanted me booted. I just type "DUDES. GO LOOK IN CONSOLE--NOT MY FAULT" and explain what happened. People were pissed though.
RANDOMNESS #18 - Ring pops
Ya know those ring pops? They still make those things...It's kinda dumb though. Are you really gonna sit there with your hand up to your mouth for as long as that thing takes to finish? Cause it is a loooong time. And when you pull it away you have too much of a chance to get it in some lint or whatever. So...you can either to a Dr. Evil from Austin Powers impersonation, OR do what most people end up doing with them, removing them from your finger and turning them into a "Binky Pop."
RANDOMNESS #19 - Two weeks later...
So ya ever go through to clean up your room, desk, backpack, or even car and find old notebooks from school? If you're like me, its fun to look through all of your notes from "back then" and see all of the crazy stuff you wrote or drew. Then, once you get to a few weeks into the notebook, you finally see some notes that indicate what the class even was you were supposed to be taking notes for, LOL.
RANDOMNESS #20 - Creepy
Wanna know one of the most unnerving things I've ever experienced? About a week ago I wake up...and there was a match under me in my bed. I was sleeping on a match. I don't use matches for anything, and I know for a fact that the only matches we have are downstairs in a glass jar on a bookshelf and it hasn't been touched in months (maybe even years now that they have those little lighter things). When you wake up to that...man. Weird.
RANDOMNESS #21 - Give it a lick, tastes just like raisins.
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing...
To all of you who now have that stuck in your head--you're welcome.
RANDOMNESS #22 - S.S.S.
Stormy's sig makes me wish I had the ability to induce a seizure in my body. Really. Not sure why. I see that, and I am like, "Man...this guy..." Not even sure what it is, really. It's not quite to the "I wanna kick babies" point though.
RANDOMNESS #23 - So does that make me Peter?
You have any idea how many times I have been told that I, or my posts, are like Family Guy? It's more than 10, but not over 9000 times. It reminds me of that time when I was assigned as Dan Quayle's bodyguard and interpreter...
RANDOMNESS #24 - Uh...so...how about that?
I heard all of this talk about the US-Canada match-up that, I was told, was taking place last night. So uh...what happened there? TONS of talk about it, and then it happens (or doesn't happen? I dunno--I wasn't around)...and nobody has a thing to say about it? WHAT?!
Either way, we all know that USA is #1 anyways...
Feel free to comment on any/all parts of this. I was gonna be a forum-whore and break this down into a 2-4 part series of threads, but instead went for the one, uber-long thread, approach. So...let's just set a new "most times commented/viewed" record, guys and gals. hahaha
24 degrees of randomness
for my 24th birthday
RANDOMNESS #1 - Seriously, people?for my 24th birthday
I wanted to get this out of the way early, just incase I lost your attention...a bunch of people wanted me to be interviewed for this week's 'Weekly e Interview' so I announced like a week ago for people to send me questions they wanted me to answer. The results? THREE people responded with questions--one of which was already going to be asked anyways (one of my standard questions). Like...WTF guys? Three people?
I tell ya what...it's not too late until I post it, which I might put off until tomorrow night now. So...step it up ladies and gentlemen. Don't make things lame/disappoint me, now.
RANDOMNESS #2 - Pavlov's Cell Phone
My phone has been set to silent with vibrate on for as long as I have had a cell phone (like the last ten years or something) so now...I have developed super powers. I can be across the house (three rooms away--60ft or so) and I can hear my phone vibrating when somebody is calling. My alarm clock is useless in getting me up. Seriously--I can crank the thing as loud as it goes and it won't wake me. HOWEVER, my if my phone is sitting on my nightstand and I get a text message, that one vibration will wake me instantly. It's messed up.
RANDOMNESS #3 - C@
Our male cat's head smells like Hawaiian pizza right now. No, we haven't had Hawaiian pizza or anything with pineapples for a loooong time. Not sure what's going on there...
RANDOMNESS #4 - Dora. Dora the Explora.
So I discovered the other day that it is fun to watch Dora the Explorer just to argue with her. I am fully aware that it's completely irrational, but it's still fun. Try it some time!
"Help the super kids lift us up! Lift! Lift! Lift!"
Um, how about not. If you want a better view, my lazy butt isn't going to lift you to see it. There's a tree right over there, you can climb it.
"Point at the pile of bananas!"
Why?
"Uh oh, los ninos..."
Ok, stop throwing in random Spanish. One or the other--choose, dammit.
"...are thirsty! What can we use to give them a drink?! Look in the backpack!"
*random backpack song*
Why are we singing now? Just look in the damn backpack. And I'm not doing it, you do it. It's your backpack. Why did you pack so much random garbage in here? Maracas? Really? Incase I forgot you were hispanic? A...a stethoscope? Really?
"Is this what we want?"
*points at maracas
No, you stupid little brat.
"What about this?"
*points at a beach ball
What? No. Stop being a moron. We're running out of daylight and then I'll be stuck out here in the dark with you, two babies, and your damn monkey. Why couldn't you pack a flashlight with this stuff? In fact, you know what, I am done with your nonsense, Dora.
RANDOMNESS #5 - Darts...and not the Dodge kind.
Watching ESPN the other day. All of a sudden World Darts Championships come on. I thought it was a joke. My ESPN is showing...darts. And get this--they are in this room filled with THOUSANDS of people just cheering on these TWO guys playing like 30 games of darts.
The real kicker came about halfway through when the announcer said that, "(the one guy) is 50 years old but not even showing any signs of aging in his game yet." Wow....really? In the strenuous professional sport of darts, the guy at 50 isn't showing it yet? WHAT IS THIS WIZARDRY?!
RANDOMNESS #6 - The YSD threads.
Sometimes I can't help but think to myself....'Ya know what? My threads are doing "Iron Man" numbers so...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-VzNAkhJo&NR=1"]I just don't care anymore...[/ame]'
RANDOMNESS #7 - Japs ain't nothin'
So I was watching The Pacific with Ides the other day. Sledge, after seeming kinda like a wuss, stepped it up and is looking like he is gonna be hero of the series. Ides and I were surprised until we came to the shocking realization that it's no wonder he is handling war so well--the dude already had to battle Tyrannosaurus Rex and Velociraptors when he was a little kid. That pretty well sets you up to be able to handle anything...
RANDOMNESS #8 - Outback
So I went to Outback Steakhouse with my family like a week ago (first time in a loooong time) and it made me think of our Aussia brethren, lol. Because....I am sure the Australian environment at Outback is TOTALLY what guys like London's houses look like, with various aboriginal weapons and paintings of koalas all over the walls, lol.
They made the mistakes of, 1) Taking waaaayyyy too long to bring out our food, and, 2) Giving me things to play with. First off, in my mom's strawberry tea there was what seriously looked like a little plastic spear (no, not just a plastic toothpick thing) holding the strawberries. She let me have it and 0.2 seconds later it was teamed up with a spare straw for an impromptu dart gun. My dad said I should test it out on the ceiling, pointing out that they had the right kind of ceiling tiles (hey, my antics have to come from somewhere, right?). Didn't stick.

Having to move on to something new to amuse ourselves, we cleared off the middle of the table and my mom and I took turns, seeing who could spin the knife the most rotations in one try without flinging it off the table (again...my antics had to come from somewhere, lol). I had one going very well (finished with 46 rotations) when the waiter finally came back to the table, so--as revenge for his taking FOREVER to get us our food--we made him stand there with our food and wait for us as the knife spun on the table so we could get the final number. hahahaha. Good times.
RANDOMNESS #9 - TMWSAG:TVG
It would be kinda cool (and confusing) if there were a "The Men Who Stare At Goats" video game. You could have like 50 people running around a server (or half of them just sitting there instead haha) and then people just explode or fall over out of nowhere. Some people would be amused for hours, others would just be like "..."
RANDOMNESS #10 - general General
Why in the world are the highest ranks given the most boring name? I mean, "general" by definition is like "normal" or "routine" I guess...yet it is a high-end, hard-to-achieve, fricken sweet rank. Then you have the lowly "Private." I mean, "private" things are pretty special, or, obviously, your "privates" and stuff...but it's the lowest rank. Uhhhhh....what? And then right in the middle (ok, so not really, but you get it), you have "Major." Shouldn't "Major" be at the top? Gyyyyaaaarrrrggghhh....
RANDOMNESS #11 - Da Show
So MLB: The Show is the best baseball game I have ever played (any year/version), but after a while it gets a little boring. I mean, come on, it's baseball...so I have to find things to amuse myself. I make the "all Asian" team and see how well they will do. Or maybe the "longest names I can find" team. The latest one is "All girl's names" team. They were sub-par for years, but managed to win the 2031 World Series.
Any other ideas for teams I can make? lol
RANDOMNESS #12 - You stink
So the other day, my brother (who is probably the dumbest teacher I know haha) was going on and on about how women's sense of smell is at least 10x greater than men's. Uhhh...last time I checked, we're not completely different species. Now, granted, women DO have a better sense of smell (even almost 2x as good as men's by some tests), but <200% is a bit different than 1000%. He says "same difference", so I think I am gonna have him order a computer for me online through his work. I'll tell him that I'll pay him back the $1000 and when it comes time to pay up and he gets $197.48, I'll just tell him "Meh, same difference!"

RANDOMNESS #13 - Drawl, y'all
So it's a little disturbing that I can identify a Southerner from IMing (and especially on Vent) more than a person outside of North America, even if English isn't their primary language. This got me thinking...if I can identify them as a Southerner (aka definitely American) more than some of these "foreigners"...then can't anybody else? Therefore, I think that means that that slow, southern drawl, is easier to identify as "American" than anything else. Lovely. THANKS, GUYS.
RANDOMNESS #14 - Cinna-what?
Really? Cinnamon gum? Why do people use that? Why do they even sell it? "Oh, I need to freshen up my breath"...WITH THE SMELL OF CINNAMON?! Am I the only one baffled by this?
RANDOMNESS #15 - Primed and ready
Man I wish there were a 'Grenadier' class in DoD:S...as in nothing but like 6 nades and a pistol. Man I would love that! I love messing around with nades (whenever I am regularly playing I am always in the top nade kill list) and that would be fun. Maybe too powerful tho.
Ooh! How about a "mortar" class?! Hmmmm
RANDOMNESS #16 - LAST, but not last
I am pretty sure that my most-used remote control button is the 'Last' one. Anybody else do what I do and find not just one, but the two things on TV they'll most wanna watch and then you just flip back and forth between the two during commercials or boring parts? It's the best. But then you have the moments where both are at commercial and you just completely spaz out and flip back and forth at lightspeed, until one is back?
RANDOMNESS #17 - "Dead nades"
So last night I was playing on the Suicide Kings <SK> server. I like to play there when Kalt is empty because it seems like they ALWAYS have some random map I've never seen before in my life so it's always new and fresh.
ANYWAYS...
I am running around as Allied Support and I have a nade primed. Our MG just opens up on me AND THEN gets up and runs at me. My dead nade kills him and another guy (ff is on lol). They're pissed, as if it were my fault...
So when I respawn, I switch to my nades and prime one again (the Axis were close to us and it was a small, tight, map). The MG, to "pay me back" for killing him with my nade, shoots me in the head with his pistol. My nade falls right outside of spawn, where I was.
You see what's coming.
Just then a ton of Allies spawn and my nade kills NINE teammates. I catch a TON of crap for this and people wanted me booted. I just type "DUDES. GO LOOK IN CONSOLE--NOT MY FAULT" and explain what happened. People were pissed though.
RANDOMNESS #18 - Ring pops
Ya know those ring pops? They still make those things...It's kinda dumb though. Are you really gonna sit there with your hand up to your mouth for as long as that thing takes to finish? Cause it is a loooong time. And when you pull it away you have too much of a chance to get it in some lint or whatever. So...you can either to a Dr. Evil from Austin Powers impersonation, OR do what most people end up doing with them, removing them from your finger and turning them into a "Binky Pop."
RANDOMNESS #19 - Two weeks later...
So ya ever go through to clean up your room, desk, backpack, or even car and find old notebooks from school? If you're like me, its fun to look through all of your notes from "back then" and see all of the crazy stuff you wrote or drew. Then, once you get to a few weeks into the notebook, you finally see some notes that indicate what the class even was you were supposed to be taking notes for, LOL.
RANDOMNESS #20 - Creepy
Wanna know one of the most unnerving things I've ever experienced? About a week ago I wake up...and there was a match under me in my bed. I was sleeping on a match. I don't use matches for anything, and I know for a fact that the only matches we have are downstairs in a glass jar on a bookshelf and it hasn't been touched in months (maybe even years now that they have those little lighter things). When you wake up to that...man. Weird.
RANDOMNESS #21 - Give it a lick, tastes just like raisins.
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing...
To all of you who now have that stuck in your head--you're welcome.

RANDOMNESS #22 - S.S.S.
Stormy's sig makes me wish I had the ability to induce a seizure in my body. Really. Not sure why. I see that, and I am like, "Man...this guy..." Not even sure what it is, really. It's not quite to the "I wanna kick babies" point though.
RANDOMNESS #23 - So does that make me Peter?
You have any idea how many times I have been told that I, or my posts, are like Family Guy? It's more than 10, but not over 9000 times. It reminds me of that time when I was assigned as Dan Quayle's bodyguard and interpreter...
RANDOMNESS #24 - Uh...so...how about that?
I heard all of this talk about the US-Canada match-up that, I was told, was taking place last night. So uh...what happened there? TONS of talk about it, and then it happens (or doesn't happen? I dunno--I wasn't around)...and nobody has a thing to say about it? WHAT?!
Either way, we all know that USA is #1 anyways...
















