CSS Technical problems

Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
558
Hey guys, I ran into an issue this morning and I am running out of ideas on why this is happening.

When I go to download a new map, the download starts and then I receive this error. "Missing Map maps/ba_jail_cryptic_fortress_v1.bsp, disconnecting"

This only happens with maps that are not currently in my map folder. Any maps that I have downloaded before this occurrence work just fine. This error seems to pop up for any server and any map that I need to download.

Solutions: I have already deleted and uninstalled steam and CSS to try and eliminate the problem. I reinstalled steam and CSS only to find that the problem still exists.

Also, this problem is not the same as having two conflicting versions of the same map. This is something different entirely. As an added note, if I try and open up the steam web browser feature I receive this message, "Error Code: -102
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet."

Any ideas or knowledge in this situation would be great and hopefully I will be able to correct this issue sooner rather than later.
 
The fast download server might be down, also delete any version of the map.

-Allan
 
go into your cstrike folder delete that file name (map) the .bsp file and download it via that server again. So basically and this is just an exmaple you are trying to connect to the jail server it says "Missing Map maps/ba_jail_cryptic_fortress_v1.bsp, disconnecting" go to cstrike find that file in your maps folder, delete it and then reconnect to jail server thus re downloading that map and solving the problem
 
Also, I should have told you in vent but didnt remember at the time. You should go into your console and type in cl_downloadfilter all or cl_downloadfilter nosounds as those will download everything from the server unless you use the nosounds, in that case it will download everything but sounds.

If what I said there works, then go into your autoexec and make sure you have the cl_downloadfilter all in there so you wont have to type it everytime you open CSS.
 
I am also experiencing this problem in Insurgency. Could it be a Beta issue?
 
I have been talking to a few people and was able to gather a little more info about this problem. Along with the issue that I wrote before, I am also receiving this error "Error Code -336 Unable to connect to HTTP proxy. Your Proxy may be misconfigured or offline." I have no idea what a proxy is and why it is keeping me from establishing a connection with the steam web browser.

I should also mention that all of the ideas posted above were not successful :(, but thanks for trying
 
This problem happened to me a few days ago too.
Sometimes : cl_downloadfilter all works but most of the times it doesn't.
Try restarting steam, that's what I did and it worked. Hope it works for you too...

~Beanie
 
Thanks for the suggestion Beanie, that was one of the first things Iamevilbear suggested but it's irrelevant now because IT WORKS! hehe yup I finally got it fixed.

key to success = comp restore ftw.

I uninstalled steam, css, and all local files dealing there within. Then I restored my computer to 4 days before it started acting weird and reinstalled. My theory on why it was acting weird. I read an article about programs on your computer than can possibly mess with steam. The night before it started to act weird I update my limewire to their new product and limewire was one of the products on the list that I looked. I made sure to delete limewire as well before I restored my computer.

Whether that was the cause or not I don't really care. I'm just happy that it works!!!! :)

And a special thanks to those of you who tried to help; thanks for caring and I hope to see you guys in the servers very soon!
 
Hmm.

Possible anti-virus or a program causing havoc on your STEAM?

Regardless, glad you got this sorted.
 
Back
Top