Does eGO ride? Lost my first bike two weeks back

woogs

I made one post
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
5
My old girl, "Sasha":
2007 Suzuki GS500F w 23,000kms at the end

I was headed to a friend's place to work for the day about two weeks ago (had to clear the garage in the apartment). It was a cold day, about 4C when I set out but warmed up to a balmy 10 or 12. I had just had breakfast, and was making my way through some windy backroads. Hit a patch of construction (hard pack with loose gravel), but made it through fine.

As I was setting up for a corner, braking from outside of the lane towards the inside, I hit a patch of sand+gravel right in the middle of the lane. Front wheel washed out before I knew what has happening and I lost her in a lowside. I shredded my gear (jacket, gloves, pants and boots) and hit my head on the way down (I've got a memory gap between realizing the sand was there and watching my bike slide away). But I was up on my feet as soon as I was done pavement surfing, can't complain about that!

Damage to me was just some bruising on my ribs, an arm and spraining the opposite wrist. Bike was totaled though - I put a "golfball sized" dent in the steering stem, irreparable under MTO rules.

After settling with the insurance, I've got a new ride lined up:
2010 Yamaha FZ6R, thinking of calling her "Allison"

This time around, I hope I won't make the same mistakes I did with my first bike (scratching the tank, dropping her before the frame sliders are on, etc. etc.) and I can't wait to ride again.


Cool story bro and all the rest, what are the rest of you riding? Using crowbars to force yourself onto gixxers or shaking fillings lose on an HD?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top