Need help,GTX 480 or XFX ATI 5970 Black Edition

snakeeater11112

I made one post
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
11
Ive been comparing the two cards since they came out.Its mostly been a head to head battle and most of the comparison's came very close.But i still don't know which one to get.Can you guys help me out on which one to choose. Thanks
 
I recommend GTX480. I exually dont know why but i think ATI causes more trouble i think. For exmaple i have a game which doesnt work wheni have the newest ATI drivers for my videocard. And another game, needs the newest ATI drivers. So i can't play both games.
So.... go for the GTX480:)
 
I would go with the 5970 from what I am hearing the 480 has heating issues and isn't very stable.
 
Dude, go for the GTX 470 and overclock the hell out of it. From what i hear, the heat issues aren't as bad as they made them out to be . A 470 overclocked beats down the 5870 and comes neck to neck with a 480. If you go with the 480, you will blow the 5870 out no problem . Again, and i've said several times, the 5000 series are AWESOME cards. I've just always been problem free with Nvidia's products. By the way, you cannot really compare the 480 to the 5970 has one is a single PCB and the other is a dual PCB.

Check this out
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/32...erclocking_with_voltage_adjustment/index.html
 
1. Not all 470s overclock well, some people cant even get more than 15MHz oc.

2. 5970 is way faster, has about the same TDP, and produces less heat

3.ATi Drivers are fine now that 10.3 is out (actually we are now on 10.4 which works even better)


Black Edition is kinda pointless, you should just get the plain one, then overclock it yourself
 

Latest posts

Back
Top