Hey everyone. Well its almost summer and for me that means time to upgrade my computer. Im wanting to upgrade the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and Case, and maybe GPU if I have the money. Heres my current setup:
Processor: AMD Phenom 8650 Triple core @ 2.8GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Power Supply: HEC X- Power Pro 600W
Case: Old HP case
Hard Drive: 2x 250GB RAID0 and a 500GB external
Video Card: PNY Nvidia 9800gt 512mb
Monitor: LG Flatron 21"
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Im thinking about going Intel for this build. AMD is cheaper but I like the benchmarks ive seen on the I5's. My budget is going to be about $600, before shipping. I put together a possible set of parts on newegg, one Intel based and one AMD. Here they are:
ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard $139
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131404
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor $199
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $109
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058
Total: $570
AMD
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131627
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor $150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $109
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058
PNY XLR8 VCG98GTEE1XEB GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $105
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133304
Total: $604
I already have 1 PNY 9800gt so if i got AMD I would get another and do SLI.
Any comments would be great.
Peace
Processor: AMD Phenom 8650 Triple core @ 2.8GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Power Supply: HEC X- Power Pro 600W
Case: Old HP case
Hard Drive: 2x 250GB RAID0 and a 500GB external
Video Card: PNY Nvidia 9800gt 512mb
Monitor: LG Flatron 21"
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Im thinking about going Intel for this build. AMD is cheaper but I like the benchmarks ive seen on the I5's. My budget is going to be about $600, before shipping. I put together a possible set of parts on newegg, one Intel based and one AMD. Here they are:
ASUS P7P55D LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard $139
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131404
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor $199
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $109
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058
Total: $570
AMD
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131627
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor $150
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) $109
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058
PNY XLR8 VCG98GTEE1XEB GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $105
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133304
Total: $604
I already have 1 PNY 9800gt so if i got AMD I would get another and do SLI.
Any comments would be great.
Peace












