eGO: An Interesting Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
There is a theory, developed by Sigmund Freud, that the mind is broken down into three parts: the Id, ego, and super-ego. This idea dates back to the 1920s. In this theory, "the uncoordinated instinctual trends are the "id"; the organised realistic part of the psyche is the "ego," and the critical and moralising function the "super-ego." Sound familiar?

structure+of+mind.gif


So lets relate this to gaming. Say there are three types of servers. The "id" is the server that doesn't admin, and allows all types of behavior on their servers. The "superego" are the types of servers that instanly ban any action that doesn't follow their rules. Then, the "ego" is the middle ground, and I quote "the oganized realistic part" where action is taken against certain behaviors, but not in an overly critical way.

Now I in no way speak for the founders, or any member of leadership, but it seems to me that one of the founders must have though of this when coming up with a name. Honestly, it could be a coincidence, but its a pretty strange one if it is. If that wasn't intended, what incredible luck our founders have. If it was intended, I say bravo for a name that fits in a perfect way.
 
Last edited:
I agree, the name fits perfectly and if it were to ever change, I think it would be a mistake. Unless it changed to something better( If there is ). Great post:)
 
I like the concept.... And we fit it perfectly :)
 
I'm glad you like the idea. For once I can actually apply something that I learned in history class!
 
I always hated psych but then I loved it haha it can be applied to all kinds of things! =)
 
Over 9000 epic thread of ultimate epicness. This thread should be stickied and closed for everyone to read and reflex a moment.
Or maybe not..
 
Omg lol, that sure is some complex relevance right there ^^

I liked reading this .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top