for the exper

pat.

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
972
who can make a special realism map.

what needs to be factored.
one piece:donner,flash,ava,colmar,strand and a piece of kalt.
you decide which pieces you use.
there should be two flags that you can only win,
and one where you two should be.
the last two tanks where you have to place explosives.

who can make this?

pat.
P.S. I have no sense, but I would like to see who can do this.
 
I can make a simple map, but not all maps together in one. All i can do is make a new simple map, but even this takes very much time to make a map. Over 10 hours for sure.
 
I really liked Pats idea. I though about combining every single CSS and DoD mod to make a L4D map a while ago but then i remembered i have no skills at making maps at all. So whats the word fellas can anyone combine every major DoD level like in Pats idea to make an awesome realism map?
 
If you make a realism map is it possible to put a Line across the middle so everyone will know where the defenders have to stay?
 
i say we use the sewers from kalt under the whole new map. but it might be hard to make it come out on a good spot on the map so just alter sewers some to make it fit.
 
+1

If you make a realism map is it possible to put a Line across the middle so everyone will know where the defenders have to stay?
+1
I think also a good idea
you get the main street of donner in the middle of the map.
or a beach line.

pat.
 
Awesome idea! I'm drooling just thinking about these pieces integrated into 1 map --

Strand - Beachfront and maybe 1 bunker
Anzio - Bridge
Avalanche - Orange and yellow apartments
Colmar - AA gun and tank positions (and snow, lots of it)
Flash - 2-storey
Kalt - Sewers
Donner - Field (and my cafe)
Argentan - Train tracks
Anvil - Radio

Am I missing anything?
 
??

no you have more than you need.
ava,donner,flash,colmar,kalt and strand
can in the middle with a trench?
http://www.toerismewesthoek.be/westhoek/cultuur.aspx?id=19329

pat.

Awesome idea! I'm drooling just thinking about these pieces integrated into 1 map --

Strand - Beachfront and maybe 1 bunker
Anzio - Bridge
Avalanche - Orange and yellow apartments
Colmar - AA gun and tank positions (and snow, lots of it)
Flash - 2-storey
Kalt - Sewers
Donner - Field (and my cafe)
Argentan - Train tracks
Anvil - Radio

Am I missing anything?
 
I think im the only mapper here. But this will take ages. you can't just copy a donner street, you have to make it all over again from the beginning. If somebody designes a totally new map in photoshop (2D). I can make it a 3D DOD:S map. But i think its not an option to put several map parts together.
 
How about making a new map for realism, put in the line at midpoint and put in realistic strategic elements, such as sandbags, tanks, maybe trenches, of course a house on each side, etc.
 
Usually throwing pieces of other maps and a bunch of maps together doesn't always turn out quite well. Maps are supposed to be unique in that they're made by scratch.

I do occasionally work on DoD:S maps when I need to take a break from CSS mapping. Ive worked on porting Switch (right now its in an alpha stage and is playable but not pretty), as well as porting Zalec, Escape, and a few others. Lastly I am working on my own map from scratch and its about 90%. The main point is all these maps are different and dont combine buildings or areas from other maps because for the most part mentioned above they dont work well together in a map.
 
Usually throwing pieces of other maps and a bunch of maps together doesn't always turn out quite well. Maps are supposed to be unique in that they're made by scratch.

I do occasionally work on DoD:S maps when I need to take a break from CSS mapping. Ive worked on porting Switch (right now its in an alpha stage and is playable but not pretty), as well as porting Zalec, Escape, and a few others. Lastly I am working on my own map from scratch and its about 90%. The main point is all these maps are different and dont combine buildings or areas from other maps because for the most part mentioned above they dont work well together in a map.

If you have a map that is done let us know. We stand ready to help testing.
can there be a map created, with one half donner and the other flash?and a trench in the middle!!!!
In other words, we would like a map with other maps recognizable pieces of
no matter what. but there must be a visual separation between the two halves of the map.
the defenders to know where they can walk.
if not, you can create a map with a trench in the middle?that's what the real issue.
sorry for the errors in my english.

greets pat.
 
If you have a map that is done let us know. We stand ready to help testing.
can there be a map created, with one half donner and the other flash?and a trench in the middle!!!!
In other words, we would like a map with other maps recognizable pieces of
no matter what. but there must be a visual separation between the two halves of the map.
the defenders to know where they can walk.
if not, you can create a map with a trench in the middle?that's what the real issue.
sorry for the errors in my english.

greets pat.

I have maps that are playable and can be loaded into DoD:S but they're just workable (basically just to see if cap points work, few detail is done). Anyways you could splice Donner and Flash together but how it would function and look would not be good at all. Plus the time to put it together is not worth splicing two maps together. Now it is possible to create a map that has a trench in the middle of the map but in the middle of town isn't really realistic.
 
I have maps that are playable and can be loaded into DoD:S but they're just workable (basically just to see if cap points work, few detail is done). Anyways you could splice Donner and Flash together but how it would function and look would not be good at all. Plus the time to put it together is not worth splicing two maps together. Now it is possible to create a map that has a trench in the middle of the map but in the middle of town isn't really realistic.

it should not just sit in the middle or around.
the map, divided roughly into two
it may own just one line (eg a street line)
Just a nice realism map

pat.
 
I agree with Roque Sniper:
Usually throwing pieces of other maps and a bunch of maps together doesn't always turn out quite well. Maps are supposed to be unique in that they're made by scratch.

I think we just need an idea on paper, that we need to start from the begin. So if somebody can just draw the map, so i know how its must look like, i can make it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top