new computer?

shotgun king

Rookie
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
86
here lately ive been feeling a little down about my computer capabilities.i just have a asus m2n-mx se plus with 4 gigs of ram and a 2.2 ghz processor and was looking to upgrade.started to brows around and come to the ECS GF8200A black edition Motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 7550 Processor.looks good with all the features and for $105!does anyone have one that would happen to know how it holds up?any help is appreciated.thanks in advanced!
 
$105 for both a processor and a motherboard is a good deal. However, it's not an up-to-date setup. In order to get something that will run modern games at a very good pace. You will need to spend around $100 on the motherboard and about $150 on the processor.

Like I said, it's a good deal, and it will more than likely be faster than your current system. However I'm not sure it's going to live up to your expectations.
 
That CPU used to be one of AMDs best not too long ago. I think it's a great deal, but try to look into the Athlon 2's. They're much more efficient, overclock better, run cooler, etc.
 
hmmm does look good but how does biostar hold up?ive looked at em before but never did know how reliable they were.not much into overclocking but it would be nice and temp is a biggy for me.the cooler the better
 
Biostar is A LOT better than they used to be. Especially their newer stuff (like the board i posted).

If I had only $105 to spend i would definitely go with that.

Also, if you live near a FRY's or a Microcenter, they often have good deals with Athlon IIs and motherboards.

I got my bro that same CPU and a motherboard for $60 at frys
 
im taking that board into heave consideration seeing that i was looking for something am3 and with 4 slots for ram although i did stumble upon the AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9 ghz processor. some have said they've overclocked theirs to a 3.4 at 34 (c) which is way cooler than what mine runs under a load and they have unlocked the 4th core (not sure if thats possible or even stable for that matter)
 
im taking that board into heave consideration seeing that i was looking for something am3 and with 4 slots for ram although i did stumble upon the AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9 ghz processor. some have said they've overclocked theirs to a 3.4 at 34 (c) which is way cooler than what mine runs under a load and they have unlocked the 4th core (not sure if thats possible or even stable for that matter)

Well, I have that CPU (the Athlon II 240), and I can easily hit 3.87GHz on mine. That's without a NB multi. I'm sure if I had a better motherboard (I have a crappy ECS right now), that I could hit 4GHz easily.
 
are you using an after market cooler?if so what are you using and how cool are you running (in Fahrenheit)?also you say "crappy ECS board".this dosent sound good cause i did go with the ECS A785GM-A black edition for the simple face most boards i liked either ran DDR3 or were too "over the budget"as i may put it
 
He's just raging that he only has 1 PCIe slot.... :wink:

ECS is still a good brand, just don't expect world record overclocks out of them.


Just ignore him
 
ok now for the big question.is it possible to move my hard drive (as is with drivers) to the other computer without having to reformat and all that good stuff.we all know how much of a pain that is.if at all possible try to dual boot or something with a 32 (already using) and a 64 then delete the 32.can it be done???
 
ok now for the big question.is it possible to move my hard drive (as is with drivers) to the other computer without having to reformat and all that good stuff.we all know how much of a pain that is.if at all possible try to dual boot or something with a 32 (already using) and a 64 then delete the 32.can it be done???

Everything is possible, except I believe you'd have to get the new drivers.
 
I have as ASUS 73jh. Heres the run down.

17" monitor
ATI Radeon 5870 1 GB graphics card
Intel i7 quad core at 1.60 ghz x 4
6 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB hard drive
HDMI output
Windows 7 64 bit

I normally run a dual monitor extended desktop IE...I am on battlefield BC2 on one monitor then on my external monitor I am running Ventrillo and Itunes.

I bought the laptop at Bestbuy for $1300 I think.

I give it a 9 out of 10
 

Latest posts

Back
Top