Tech Question about dod

AudieMurphy

Rookie
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
77
Ok when Im in a game and if I hit my windows start up button by the alt key and i go to my desktop Dod strarts not responding If I just close dod altogether and try to run it again steam will say that dod is still open and i can;t have two of it running at the same time. I have to brind up my task manager every time and close dod that was becaue if i don;t and close it by just exiting I have to reboot my computer before I can load it again. Im not sure what can be done to fix this and was hoping somene may have a Idea>
 
try increaseing your Virtual Memory - how much physical RAM is onboard your system? Sounds like a cache issue.
 
Assuming that hitting the windows key is an accident; you could disable that key. Most keyboard drivers have that capability.
 
Last edited:
as for the problem where you cannot have two DoDS running at once, when you try to start it up again go to task manager and make sure to end tasks called hl2.exe

that will manually shut down DoDS and enable you to start it up again.

-Blue
 
as for the problem where you cannot have two DoDS running at once, when you try to start it up again go to task manager and make sure to end tasks called hl2.exe

that will manually shut down DoDS and enable you to start it up again.

-Blue
Blue that is where the problem is . If i shut the game down by exiting it like im supposed to and later try playing again. Thats when it dosen;t let me and says i already have it running but Notthing is listted in my task manager to shut down. To be able to load dod again every time Im done playing I must shut it down by task manager or I won;t be able to run it with out restarting my computer. I think the problem is the hl2.exe becuase every time I close dod with task manager its the hl2.exe that task manager that says is not responding. Is there a way to re install hl2 with out reinstalling everything?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top