God Mode in Windows 7?

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npKmfZOuQVw&feature=channel[/ame]

My wife found this, take a look if you've never seen it.
It works, I did it.
Pretty neat.

TL;DR Steps:
1) Create a new folder on your desktop. Name it to the code below, copy and paste.
2) GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
3) The folder icon will change to a Control Panel thing, pretty cool.

Spoiler: This just gives you all the cpanel customizable settings in one folder, instead of having to go through a bunch of stuff.
 
Last edited:
Well, it only lists all the options of the control panel but sometimes it can be really handy, since some things seem to be hidden so you can't find them (e.g. the problem steps recorder, very useful, but you have to find it when you don't know the name of the exe).
 
i was kinda hoping this thread would say something along the lines of... "if you use this code in this specific place on ur desktop, you will have a quad core cpu, 16gb memory, 5tb hard drive, the latest video card" j/k
 
You can actually title the folder whatever you'd like. Anything before the { will title it what you put there (you could name it Daffy Duck if you wanted).

I have had this folder on my desktop for a while, but I never actually end up using it. This may be because I know mostly where stuff is in the Control Panel, but the code is actually of limited use.
 
I can't find anything in the new control panel anyway. I always end up searching.
 
i just switched the "view by" to Large Icons. everything looks just like the way it was in XP.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top