CS:S training.

arctrum

Poster
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
155
A good way i have found to train is to simply start your own server and fight bots. It may sound like it wont help, but it does! Another thing, you can take away their weapons and practice split second headshots. Pop around a corner and try to snap a headshot. If you miss, move your cursor away and then snap back and try again. You can do this to say warm up for a skrim, or a tourny. If you know a better way to train PLEASE SHARE WITH US ALL!!


Thanks

Arctrum
 
Yes they do ble, but I feel that deathmatch would be more of a help since they shoot.
 
You can do all that, im just saying that if you want to practice just a snap headshot that is a good way to practice. If you wana practice just like in a real match then leave the bots on either normal or hard (depending on your skill level)
 
The only time I play with bots is when im warming up for a scrim or I have no internet connection at the time.

I dont scrim anymore though asides from the odd scrim once and awhile, Bots are for me when theres no internet lol!
 
bots have an uncanny ability to either
A) do the stupidest things and make you wonder if they're really on hard level
B) kill you across the hall with a HS glock and make you wonder if they're really on hard level
 
They are either really annoying or target practice.
Hard = They wallhack you to death
Extreme = Aimbot
 
Depnd what you are trying to get better at. Say some stuff and I can give better advice.
 
Not for me. I die by the bots....then rage and go into noclip and kill Dave and Tom

LOL same !

I swear ALL expert bots use wallhacks and aimbot.

Personally I've found that if you just want to practice one thing, finding a decent deathmatch server usually helps. E.g One Deaging.
 
i use the highschool server :) just keep playing and eventually you'll get better
 
If you're going to train against bots, download the hackerbots online. They have aimbot and WH... makes it so it's a challenge so you can learn. Alternatively, put bot_dont_shoot to 1, and play de_nuke_ramps (downloadable online). They always rush ramps and dont shoot, helps to warmup before a match.
 
Back
Top