Need To Step It Up...

ChocolateVillain

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
2,166
Hate to say this but admins need to admin!

You guys are given administrative powers because you have show that you are capable of handling situations that arise on any given eGO server.

We need to stand up and take lead here guys. If you have pubs giving you heads up about things that arise in a server, you need to act and not ignore them.

Too many times now I have seen admins take a back seat to game play. I know admins should never be our top priority but again, when I admins are told of an arising problem. They need to act and handle the situation. Most problems take less then a 1 min to solve. But time and time again I have seen admins just ignore the plea of our pubs.

Sorry for the rant here but I believe something needed to be said here. We need to show our pubs why we are so popular with our image of a wholesome place to game and enjoy the company of good people.
 
i rely on our pubs expecialy the regular ones to help out on the other team if your the only admin, and remember your only 1 person any help you can get to keep our servers punk free take it, dont just ignore it,

so step up your game and keep the servers running Smooth!!!
 
What I hate the most is when admins have their sound off... they need to have it on.
 
Yea you're right, thats why i think we shouldnt promote so fast, we need people who really can be admin, not people who "maybe might be able to maybe do some little admin stuff", when we promote people we must be sure that "they can handle things and arnt afraid to use their powers".
 
Amen to that...Sometimes im the only admin on Kalt and it gets out of hand

Yeah us Kalters get it a little rough sometimes....but luckily there's always a lot of e's to see admining in action.
 
Yea you're right, thats why i think we shouldnt promote so fast, we need people who really can be admin, not people who "maybe might be able to maybe do some little admin stuff", when we promote people we must be sure that "they can handle things and arnt afraid to use their powers".

well maybe take a look at the current eG / eGO and also see if there fit to be a admin not always point the problem at e`s who are willing to admin
 
Well...I guess I should step in at this point before things get out of hand.

First off: If people aren't doing their job, PM either myself or another Advisor about this situation with all the details/evidence, and we'll review it. Yep, this is the same thing we say over and over, so I figured starting off with it would be good. Note that this is NOT an excuse to pull the old "Get promoted by telling on an admin" maneuver, so don't bother. Serious business only, and it had better not be for simply missing a warning for language in server. I'm talking about ignoring blatant racism, refusing to even 17v11 teams over a long period of time, harassing other players (and admins), that kind of stuff.

Let's address a few individual comments:

featherfoot07 said:
You sir, state the truth
Was there a need for this? I just sat here for two minutes debating whether or not to respond with "Cool story, bro" in response.

Baen said:
What I hate the most is when admins have their sound off... they need to have it on.

I'm guilty of this myself from time to time, particularly when watching TV and playing or alt-tabbing between DoD and instant messaging. But as always, if there's a recurring problem and you don't think admins are noticing, please let them know! Everyone can use admin chat (to some extent) for this very reason, so do it! Mic spamming is a problem, so please pass on the information, especially if an admin is on the other team. (No, this doesn't mean that everyone should be using it to say "He swore warn him" at every curse word in server. I chose the word "recurring" for a reason here.)

RoffleWaffle said:
This should really be in the administrative forums...

Perhaps, and probably, but I'd like to use the opportunity to remind everyone about the fact that you can indeed contact admins privately via admin chat if necessary. It's also a chance for me to give my own opinions on the subject and ensuing commentary; sort of a "Contrary to (some) popular opinion, Leadership does indeed check the forums and review complaints and issues (privately)."

And finally, I'll end with this one, because it's the reason I intended to post in the first place:

Yea you're right, thats why i think we shouldnt promote so fast, we need people who really can be admin, not people who "maybe might be able to maybe do some little admin stuff", when we promote people we must be sure that "they can handle things and arnt afraid to use their powers".

Let's see. The community complains when their friends aren't promoted fast enough. The community complains when the "wrong people" (in their eyes) are promoted at all. What are we supposed to do here? For that matter, the community occasionally complains that DoD doesn't promote fast enough/enough people/consider enough people for promotion/insert complaint here, and is the same way with handing out awards. Yes, even our own Leadership doesn't have the Admin Excellence and Handy-Man awards. But we're not in it for them, and neither should you. Awards are earned for an outstanding job, not just because we can give them out.

So...there's my two cents on some of these posts, hopefully they make some sense. :)
 
Its only because my computers out right now so i cant take care of beloved flash right now thats why you noticed the difference :)
 
Back
Top