eGO's Finest (Allied Machine Gun)

eGO's Finest (Allied Machine Gunner)

  • Bullet Catcher

    Points: 2 10.0%
  • Gah

    Points: 1 5.0%
  • DaKernal

    Points: 0 0.0%
  • Cpt. Gomezzz

    Points: 1 5.0%
  • Bad Brain

    Points: 3 15.0%
  • (Other)

    Points: 13 65.0%

  • Total voters
    20

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
DoDSAClass_Gunner.gif

* Primary firearm: Browning M1919A6
* Secondary firearm: Colt M1911A1
* Melee weapon: M1918 trench knife

eGO's Finest:​

The bullet hose. The no-skill cannon. The noob identifier. Call it what you will, I have never made many attempts to hide my borderline contempt for the MG. Not because they are the bane of my existence on DoD--I eat MGs for breakfast--but rather because, well...there is a reason why 95% of noobs who jump on the game pick the class (the other 5% couldn't because it was already taken). So, with that being said, here is my (this leaves a gross taste in my mouth) Top 5:

1) =(eGO)=? GySgt Bullet Catcher - I'll admit this was a lazy choice. I don't much care for MGs so, since he is the #1 ranked player (on the very broken hlxstats system), and he uses nothing but an MG, I went with him by default. Regardless of rumors behind gameplay and how he got #1, he has a 6.41 K:D but just 0.46 kpm.

2) =(eGO)=? Gah - 4.64 K:D is one of the highest amongst the MGs and he also leads them with 3.33 kpm. Between that and his 2.9 blocks per hour, I am lead to believe that Gah is one of the few on this list that contribute to the main rush with the rest of his team. He has a 59-20 W/L and 71-11 D/R.

3) =(eG)=? DaKernel - 3.28 K:D. 1.06 kpm. 4.0 blocks per hour. 265-5 D/R. Another potential legitimate not-just-camper.

4) =(eGO)=? Cpt.Gomezzz - I know Gomezzz is a legitimate player, so I am gonna say that and try not to hate on him at all. I'll just leave his numbers. 3.11 K:D. 2.14 kpm. 1.13 blocks per hour. 49.7 D/R.

5) =(eGO)=? Bad Brain - Another great player (half of why he and Gomezzz made it on here), I am learning through all of this that Bad Brain is a veritable jack-of-all-trades. Here are his numbers: 3.42 K:D. 1.20 kpm. 81-44 W/L. 224-14 D/R.



Disagree? Who is better? Keep in mind, I only play on Kalt, where the Allied MG is only that thing that never stops shooting at one set opening and makes it so the Germans take 10 minutes to win the game instead of just 2. Because of that...this made it very hard for me to see anybody who uses an MG as being an actual threat. I surely hope you guys instill some hope in me and change my mind, lol. If you vote "Other", please tell us who, and why.

DEBATE!
 
anyone thats a regular on flash will probably agree that if you need to keep 2nd axis flag on flash just send me there with a 30 cal, countless times ive held of 20+ axis guys by myself at that flag only way to get me is get chocolatevillain to rifle nade me :cursing:. also bullet catcher is far from being a "noob" i learnt all the best mg positions on flash from him, and boy they work! havent seen the other 3 use mg so, ill vote for myself :P .....where do i vote? :confused1:
 
anyone thats a regular on flash will probably agree that if you need to keep 2nd axis flag on flash just send me there with a 30 cal, countless times ive held of 20+ axis guys by myself at that flag only way to get me is get chocolatevillain to rifle nade me :cursing:. also bullet catcher is far from being a "noob" i learnt all the best mg positions on flash from him, and boy they work! havent seen the other 3 use mg so, ill vote for myself :P .....where do i vote? :confused1:

Im going to agree with you on this one (except that my vote goes to bullet) bulletcatcher is anything but a noob. He knows where to set up and when to do it, he is definetly a force to be reckoned with. And as to you defending the 2nd axis flag, STOP IT ALREADY :cursing: lol. And as for the other guys, I dont know, dont really play with them.

p.s. your thread title says "sniper" again.
 
Last edited:
1. Tanyacol

2. Bad Brain

3. Devco (I think that's how he spells it)

Honorable mentions
Bullet Catcher, Tele Pono

This would be my list to guys who are just a paaaain to kill when they are in there spot. Ohhh I hate you Bad Brain when your in your tree :P
 
lol, take it easy on YSD guys. Yes the title is incorrect and there is no poll but I'm sure he'll be around to fix the minor errors soon enough :D .

MG is another tough class for me to choose. Sure, GSBC is our #1 ranked player but we all know stats aren't everything and I haven't played with him a ton (he's mainly Flash) but he is most certainly a very capable MG. Hm, I have to agree though, I'm not all that terrified of anyone in specific at MG, and as much as I play with Brain I've never seen him play MG!

Mostly (like YSD stated) MG's can be an inconvenient nuisance on a map but not usually a huge game changer. Many of the skilled players can pick up an MG and be quite useful with it (I have no doubts that Brain is capable) but usually they just do it as a fill in and aren't real hesitant to give it up. I'd be interested to hear what other names some players throw out in the "other" category before venturing my vote.
 
lol, take it easy on YSD guys. Yes the title is incorrect and there is no poll but I'm sure he'll be around to fix the minor errors soon enough :D .

title fixed*

I am voting other

Best allied MG I have ever encountered is eGO Cleric

On a side note, Im not really sure why Brain, Gah, and Gomezz are up there, considering they hardly use mg at all.

-Blue
 
ive played 47.5 hours worth of allied mg compared to 128.1 as allied support so its not like i never go mg
 
title fixed*

I am voting other

Best allied MG I have ever encountered is eGO Cleric

On a side note, Im not really sure why Brain, Gah, and Gomezz are up there, considering they hardly use mg at all.

-Blue

Ah yes, this is exactly the type of wisdom I was waiting for, thanks Blue. An Ava player and nearly on allies all the time, Cleric IS the best Allied MG player I've had the pleasure of playing with or against. Pressing forward is probably his middle name and while I'm sure he has more deaths than many of his counterparts he still is going to take 3 guys down with him. His Win/Loss ratio is great for playing Allied on Ava as much as he does.

=(eGO)=™ TheCleric
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964810227/stats/DOD:S | http://stats.edgegamers.org/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=3353 . Links to his stats (currently under the Steam alias Ded Hed, but has never played on eGO servers with that name? /shrug). Haven't seen him around quite as much lately (last log on for eGO servers was 6/5), but with school getting done over the past month, normal life stuff, it is a bit of down time for many of us.

Between Cleric and GSBC it is like comparing day and night (while staying in the same MG class at least). Cleric pushes up, caps a lot, and dies for the good of the team. GSBC is a survivor, defends specific positions passionately, and has an outstanding KDR. Voting "other" as soon as the poll is up for Cleric because of what I value more between the two.
 
Last edited:
Gah. Ok people, did I not make my distaste for machine gunners obvious enough? I did a decent amount of research but then just threw this thread together like ripping off a band-aid, so I overlooked a few things. Nobody was supposed to notice.

tanycol??? a pub that only goes axis mg! lol chocolate

Yeah...I am gonna give up on Chocolate. He's like in permanent shell shock or something.

title fixed*

I am voting other

Best allied MG I have ever encountered is eGO Cleric

On a side note, Im not really sure why Brain, Gah, and Gomezz are up there, considering they hardly use mg at all.

-Blue

Thanks Blue. Also...never seen Cleric or even heard of him in my life, so that usually leads to not making it up here--especially when inactive. Second, Brain, Gah, and Gomezzz used the MG "enough" to be worth consideration.

ive played 47.5 hours worth of allied mg compared to 128.1 as allied support so its not like i never go mg

See? haha
 
I went and voted for other seeing as how I never played with any of them as a MG and believe Cleric is probably the best MG Ive been up against
 
Yeah...I am gonna give up on Chocolate. He's like in permanent shell shock or something.

If you have not noticed... I'm just throwing out who I think is the best at what ever weapon you post.

This is all based off of what I have witnessed with my own eyes and not stats what so ever.


So It's my opinion and I will post it if I want to :P

1269910264509.jpg
 
in my defense I have not once seen either Brain or Gomezzz touch MG class.

-Blue
 
Last edited:
Some of you may not know or remember him, but Goin' Postal in my opinion was the best MG. I used to quit the game just because of that guy.
 
If you have not noticed... I'm just throwing out who I think is the best at what ever weapon you post.

This is all based off of what I have witnessed with my own eyes and not stats what so ever.

So It's my opinion and I will post it if I want to :P

Well I surely can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous to nominate people as "eGO clan's best ____" who aren't even clan members lol.

Hey bro, are you cheering for our best soccer players in this year's World Cup? Ya know...Rooney...Ronaldo...Messi...Ronaldinho...etc.?

in my defense I have not once seen neither Brain nor Gomezzz touch MG class.

-Blue

Lol. Poor defense. I have seen none of these people but Brain touch an MG. Furthermore, I have never seen Duality playing sniper, so I guess I need to go scratch him off that list. :)
 
Back
Top