YSD's Random Thoughts of the Day

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
So the city I live in has it's yearly festival this weekend and this party I am going to has a facebook event for it. So all of us who are attending get the following message:

"I have thought of a few things that people can bring, so here it is, if you want to bring any of these item let me know what so I can mark it off my list.
3 Costco size bags of rolls (more than one person can bring one bag)
veggies and dip
costco bag of whole bean coffee
1/2&1/2 half gallon
12/24 rolls of toilet paper :)"

At least she put them in the right order. After we get done eating rolls, veggies and dip all day and drinking a giant bag of coffee, we're pretty much gonna need those 12/24 rolls of toilet paper hahahahaha

*****

So I realized the other day that when I win a round, I can't help but singing/humming along with the victory songs (I even shoot to them sometimes too haha). Am I the only one?

And then I noticed that I have played DoD enough (and some of you have played far more than I) that when I do something right or win something other than a video game, somehow those songs pop into my head and it makes me laugh.

But then the truth of the matter hit me and I realized that Valve is going all Pavlov on us and conditioning a response to us with that music. We're associating it with success and hearing that music makes us think we've done something right! Pretty soon Valve is going to convince us to start doing questionable acts and then, just when our conscience tells us that maybe it's a bad idea, they'll cue the music and we'll think, "No...no! This is good!" (happens to me all of the time when writing posts) Pretty soon we'll be too far gone and they will own all of us. BE WARNED, BROTHERS (and sisters)!

*****

So I wanted to make a poll about which map has the best start to a round...but then I realized that it came down to the following options:
Avalanche - Nade spam at mid
Colmar - Nade spam at mid
Donner - Nade spam in field!...or nade spam at mid
Flash - Nade spam at mid
Kalt - Nade spam at mid
Strand - Allied rush up the beach under heavy German fire

I realized that it would then just turn into another "put a vote down for your favorite map and then burn everybody else for being a regular on a particular map you dislike, then point out how your opposition only ever plays on said map while hoping that nobody notices that you do the same thing" polls and debates. Maybe we'll pass on this one then...

*****

"Hmmm...I shoulda posted this on my blog..."

:)
 
YES you are the only one, but dont give up I thing more of us are going to be joining you soon. Have a nice day and enjoy life it can change very quickly, responsibility creeps on fast some time's. Cya later mate.
 
I usually rush wheel house in Kalt. Forget that mid. I rather surprise attack those punks from behind. I rather not get killed by a lucky random nade in the beginning. haha
 
I would have to say rifle-nade spam on Flash. You get 6 or 7 rifle nades on either side your guaranteed atleast a couple of kills.
 
Back
Top