Lag caused by CSS?

Celtic

Famous
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
530
Ok so, yes I'm from CoD4, but I love CSS. So I thought I'd start playing CSS on the side to keep myself from getting bored with CoD4. Well every time I search for a server. Or just refresh the list. my ping jumps up to 1000 up to 5000 on EVERYTHING. Including Vent. I've had to restart my computer a few times just to get it stop lagging. Do you guys know why the reason why this is? I don't get this on DoDs or TF2... ever >_>
 
Maybe you should try re-installing it? dunno if that would help.
 
Rates are 30000 update and cmdrate are both 101. I've never had this problem before. Ever XD Once I get into the server, my ping settles down.. usually. So I think it has something to do with the server browser part. I think it's a bit crazy that the game would cause lag across xfire, vent, steam and the in-game ping. It's nuts. I usually get between 30-60 ping in our CSS servers depending on other people in my house. And as of right now I'm the only one on.

I've been getting normal ping in DoD today and CoD4. All I was trying to do was add our servers to my fav's too XD haha
 
:) I always set my rates to 30000 I'm not new to CSS I can tell you guys that. this is the first time I've ever encountered this. Which bothers me XD I wanna fiiix it!
 
You need to open your ports for steam on your router I had the same prob. go to the steam support fourms and the port numbers are on the first page
 
cmdrates should be 66

Our servers automatically will set the rates down to 66. Even if I put them 101, the server will be like oh no no it's 66. lol

You need to open your ports for steam on your router I had the same prob. go to the steam support fourms and the port numbers are on the first page

Well this doesn't make much sense to me. For one I've used this particular router for almost a year (1 year in August) I've put easily 80+ hours on CSS with this router. Maybe more.

And technically mine is a switch. Not a router :P (And no I can't replace the switch with the numerous routers I have sitting in my closet.)

I can join our servers through the favorites before I launch the game and my ping will be fine, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why my ping jumps when I want to see if there are any other servers I'd like to play in. Like surf for example. This is what makes me scratch my head. I uninstalled the game a month or two ago, and I felt like playing it again. Nothing has changed with my system, network, nothing. So ahh XD
 
Hmm i have the same problem but not with the eGO servers into css. if i search in "internet" in steam my ping is going to 2000 and actually turns my internet off. and i need to wait in 5 minutes and it coming back. dont know why it always doing that :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top