what was your first job?

American Paradox

I made one post
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
24
i haven't posted on the forum in a while but today i got my first job: internet tech support $11 an hour :D.

i began to wonder what everyones first job was so for all of you who have had jobs what was your first job, and how much did you make?
 
My first official job was working overnights at Toys R Us, which is probably the greatest job in the world :P, starting at $7.85 due to premiums. It was for the Christmas season and I started late October 2007, so it was not something that was going to last forever.

Great job though, fun co-workers and it's at night. The best shift was coming in when the next day was going to be 360's I think, and PS3's and this huge lineup at midnight already. The shift manager said to not interact with them, haha.
 
Funny that I see this thread while writing my first resume. I do not have a job yet, though I am actively looking for one. I'm 16 years old and hoping to work with my friend at a store in the mall that sells fat-free frozen yogurt. (16 years old)
 
MD's i hated it lol i never got hours and when i did i would work for about an hour.
 
im 16 and im a janitor i clean ppls buisnesses and sometimes houses in the rich peoples houses
 
This year, I'm an umpire for 9-10 year olds softball and baseball. I get about $10 an hour, well, $25 a softball game, $30 for baseball. I'm gonna make a cool $1000+ this year. And once all the college kids go back to school, I'm gonna try to get a job at Safeway :D
 
Funny that I see this thread while writing my first resume. I do not have a job yet, though I am actively looking for one. I'm 16 years old and hoping to work with my friend at a store in the mall that sells fat-free frozen yogurt. (16 years old)

make sure you check that your details are 100% right i messed mine up to where instead of my phone # it was some random fax and nearly didn't get my job
 
My first job was babysitting... my sister. I had to make food for her and everything without pay. It was horrible.
 
I fixed old peoples computers for $10 an hour.
 
Last edited:
My first job was a CSR for Blockbuster at $8.40/hr. I am now a Shift Lead for Blockbuster at $9.50/hr.
 
Back
Top