Galaxy S

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
Isn't it supposed to be for all major carriers?
I've seen the AT&T version, and compared to the T-Mobile version, it's godly.
Lol.
I hope that Sprint doesn't get the slide out keyboard version.
 
Im pretty sure they have one with a keyboard. Called the Epic 4G or something like that.
 
I'm still waiting for the Droid at the end of the year...although my contract doesn't end till March of next year :/. I'm hopin the Windows 7 Phone is as good as the rest..
 
So do I. It looks freakin' awesome, and would look so sexy next to my Zune HD.
 
The galaxy s is going to have a version on every carrier and each one will be different in a certain way. For example the sprint one is 4g enabled.
 
seein as how i have sprint, im looking forward to checking out the features of the galaxy s. ive seen the htc evo & will prob be split inbetween those 2 phones.
 
Kinda like all the HTC devices?

Well the HTC devices aren't really under the same name like galaxy s. HTC has varying types of phones on different services. Some are high quality smartphones while others are simple not to powerful android devices. The galaxy s is a smartphone class. They all have 1 GHz processors but differ in terms of design and connectivity on all carriers.
 
The HTC evo has a 1ghz processor too. I have the HTC Eris which is a mini evo for Verizon. They both use the same Android OS, Market, and very similar layouts, widgets, etc. So, I expect about the same thing from the Galaxy across all carriers.
 
The 1GHz processors are nice, and the concept of a large screen is nice,
but I like what HTC did with the Aria, made it faster than its predecessor, but smaller, too. It's a huge plus being able to easily fit my phone in my pocket, especially with some of my jeans being (almost) skinny jeans.
 
The 1GHz processors are nice, and the concept of a large screen is nice,
but I like what HTC did with the Aria, made it faster than its predecessor, but smaller, too. It's a huge plus being able to easily fit my phone in my pocket, especially with some of my jeans being (almost) skinny jeans.

Oh I know that feeling. The Eris is smaller than the Incredible which is what I was going to get. I'm happy I didn't though, this thing fits in my pocket so it actually manages to not get scratches.
 
I would never get the Droid X. I think the biggest screen I would want in my pocket would be 4 inches(so I would consider a Galaxy S).

But I have a Droid 1, and I will not be replacing it until Verizon has an LTE Android phone with a front facing camera.

But I do need to get it replaced under warranty, so I am waiting a bit to see if they will run out of D1 refurbs and give me a D2. Even though the D2 has a locked bootlader...
 
I would never get the Droid X. I think the biggest screen I would want in my pocket would be 4 inches(so I would consider a Galaxy S).

But I have a Droid 1, and I will not be replacing it until Verizon has an LTE Android phone with a front facing camera.

But I do need to get it replaced under warranty, so I am waiting a bit to see if they will run out of D1 refurbs and give me a D2. Even though the D2 has a locked bootlader...

Agreed. I'd also never get the Evo. I thought about it, because it'd be nice, up until I go to put it in my pocket.
 
The galaxy s is a great phone. It out performs any phone on the market right now in terms of processing power and graphics. Also has a super amoled 4" screen which gives an incredible image and can actually view it in the sun unlike all moto/HTC devices.

The two downsides to it IMO: No LED flash, and the lightweight PLASTIC-E feel of the phone. My Nexus one feels like a tank compared to the Galaxy S.

There is already a oneclick root out from xda devs and a leaked 2.2 froyo rom.

At this time I would pick the Galaxy S as the phone to have if your into Android. Things will change in September/November when the dual core snapdragons make their debut.


Posted from my Nexus One. ;)
 
The galaxy s is a great phone. It out performs any phone on the market right now in terms of processing power and graphics. Also has a super amoled 4" screen which gives an incredible image and can actually view it in the sun unlike all moto/HTC devices.

The two downsides to it IMO: No LED flash, and the lightweight PLASTIC-E feel of the phone. My Nexus one feels like a tank compared to the Galaxy S.

There is already a oneclick root out from xda devs and a leaked 2.2 froyo rom.

At this time I would pick the Galaxy S as the phone to have if your into Android. Things will change in September/November when the dual core snapdragons make their debut.


Posted from my Nexus One. ;)

Yeah, the super AMOLED screen sounds sexy. I haven't been to a phone store recently, so I haven't been able to check one out myself.
 
I would never get the Droid X. I think the biggest screen I would want in my pocket would be 4 inches(so I would consider a Galaxy S).

But I have a Droid 1, and I will not be replacing it until Verizon has an LTE Android phone with a front facing camera.

But I do need to get it replaced under warranty, so I am waiting a bit to see if they will run out of D1 refurbs and give me a D2. Even though the D2 has a locked bootlader...

Motorola says it has a locked bootloader. It actually has the same bootloader as the Droid X, which the people over at XDA Developers have already rooted. Droid 2 will be rooted within the month that it releases.
 
Motorola says it has a locked bootloader. It actually has the same bootloader as the Droid X, which the people over at XDA Developers have already rooted. Droid 2 will be rooted within the month that it releases.

I know it's been rooted, but AFAIK, nobody has been able to boot custom roms still. Please correct me if I'm wrong. However I do know that alldroid has gotten their hands on a dev device with an open bootloader.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top