Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer Teaser

So you're basically saying "Eww Half-life (not source) just bought the unreal engine and just added on things to it."

Also, it's not the Call of Duty engine.
It's an Unreal engine.

And why are you saying "it's all just new guns and weps", MW2 was just like that.

I think he's basically saying "Eww Gearbox, they just took what Valve did and slapped on xyz."

...and yeah from what I can tell they're using the IW engine.
 
The ability to record your games and then upload them to the internet will be awesome. Also the ballistic knife will be crazy.
 
So you're basically saying "Eww Half-life (not source) just bought the unreal engine and just added on things to it."

Also, it's not the Call of Duty engine.
It's an Unreal engine.

And why are you saying "it's all just new guns and weps", MW2 was just like that.

yeah and mw2 was garbage, and um dude i don't think cod games run on unreal, IW made its own engine, the game would advertise if it ran on unreal (not a CoD expert here) now played every CoD game from number 3 to mw2 and let me tell you treyarch was hiding in IW shadow (till now of course) just getting the engine making a few tweaks and adding stuff that's all they ever did.
now yes i know mw2 just made an update on the mw engine, but that's all treyarch does and i don't give them credit for barley developing a game.
now im not saying WaW wasn't fun but its just the same thing, and please don't bring up nazi zombies that's a horrible way to try and distinguish the game with.
and with your half life theory, your wrong once again, half life runs on the quake engine.

im not (really) bashing the game here but its going to be a mw2 expansion,and its not going to be anything different.
(and NEVER say that treyarch always listens to the public the only reason they are doing that is cuz they think it will sell the game better and want you to think they will always listen, if they actually made a game from scratch, they wont listen to you guys very much let me tell you that.)
 
Last edited:
yeah and mw2 was garbage, and um dude i don't think cod games run on unreal, IW made its own engine, the game would advertise if it ran on unreal (not a CoD expert here) now played every CoD game from number 3 to mw2 and let me tell you treyarch was hiding in IW shadow (till now of course) just getting the engine making a few tweaks and adding stuff that's all they ever did.
now yes i know mw2 just made an update on the mw engine, but that's all treyarch does and i don't give them credit for barley developing a game.
now im not saying WaW wasn't fun but its just the same thing, and please don't bring up nazi zombies that's a horrible way to try and distinguish the game with.
and with your half life theory, your wrong once again, half life runs on the quake engine.

im not (really) bashing the game here but its going to be a mw2 expansion,and its not going to be anything different.
(and NEVER say that treyarch always listens to the public the only reason they are doing that is cuz they think it will sell the game better and want you to think they will always listen, if they actually made a game from scratch, they wont listen to you guys very much let me tell you that.)

Lol? Every CoD game has been an expansion from the last except with better graphics and new guns and perks. And "(and NEVER say that treyarch always listens to the public the only reason they are doing that is cuz they think it will sell the game better and want you to think they will always listen, if they actually made a game from scratch, they wont listen to you guys very much let me tell you that.)"

Well of course, its not like the ENTIRE INDUSTRY is based off of MONEY. And why would they create a totally new game engine, when you have something there that will save you time and money?
 
I think he's basically saying "Eww Gearbox, they just took what Valve did and slapped on xyz."

...and yeah from what I can tell they're using the IW engine.

Hmm, I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it was on the Unreal engine, oh well. Maybe I was being BS'd

I KNOW Half-life 1 was on the older unreal.
 
Hmm, I could've sworn that I read somewhere that it was on the Unreal engine, oh well. Maybe I was being BS'd

I KNOW Half-life 1 was on the older unreal.
Half life was actually on a heavily modified quake engine (gold source). CoD 1 was also on a heavily modified quake engine. Pretty sure 2 and on were on their own engine, of course it still takes a few things from the older cod1 engine (colors in names started in quake) but it's pretty much all theirs now.
 
Last edited:
ew treyarch...looks like mw2 but with different guns,perks,maps..ehh never liked treyarch cuz all they do is buy the COD engine from IW and just add on things. not my favorite dev..

Thats better than a completely different game. I didn't even have to watch the teaser and I already had high hopes for black ops. The teaser just made things better for me :)
 
Thats better than a completely different game. I didn't even have to watch the teaser and I already had high hopes for black ops. The teaser just made things better for me :)

for me i would rather have a hard worked on different original game, but that's just me, but to be honest ill buy just for multiplayer the CoD games lately have a brutal story line.
 
The teaser made my hopes go downward. Projectile knifes and explosive crossbows will be abused extensively, we all know it. I can already assume people will spam the crossbows everywhere, it's martyrdom but you can aim it.
 
The teaser made my hopes go downward. Projectile knifes and explosive crossbows will be abused extensively, we all know it. I can already assume people will spam the crossbows everywhere, it's martyrdom but you can aim it.

well we already have throwing knifes and we don't know exactly how the crossbow will work, so there is still some hope ;)
 
If the title didnt say black ops, i wouldve guessed its mw2 with new maps.

If the title didn't say Black Ops, I would've guessed it's MW2 with new maps, gamemodes, equipment, particle effects, killstreaks, and weapons.
So basically, I'd say it's a new CoD game.

I loved Treyarch's work on WaW, can't wait to see how they do on this! It's like they made MW2 a lot better.
 
Half life was actually on a heavily modified quake engine (gold source). CoD 1 was also on a heavily modified quake engine. Pretty sure 2 and on were on their own engine, of course it still takes a few things from the older cod1 engine (colors in names started in quake) but it's pretty much all theirs now.

dammit!
 
I sorta figured this would happen, at first people are like "hey COD 4 was great, so must mw2!" later "aw that was pretty much the same, that must mean black ops won't be good" now its "woah black ops looks amazing!". TBH the crossbow and ballistic knife looked pretty cool, guess it'll be a wait-n-see game.
 
CoD is dead to me, from now on its MoH and BF. Nothing could change my mind.
 
None of that looked remotely close to a Vietnam setting.

Get rid of these stupid killstreaks and just use a rifle and pistol like the classic Call of Duty 2.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top