PS3 NAT type 3 to 2 help?

Cyclone

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
3,769
Hello everyone, It's Cyclone. Been inactive for a very long while. I have a Playstation 3 Slim, and I have a Dlink DIR-615 router. I have watched countless videos for making my NAT type 2 instead of 3.

NAT 2= "Your NAT Type = Open"

NAT 3= "Your NAT Type = Strict" or "Moderate"

NAT 3 means I have some "restricted" access for chats, video chats, and now, I can't play with my friends.

Is there any way to change my NAT? I tried a DMZ(Demilitarized Zone) and my MTU and all that techy stuff. I have been getting severely frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 
What's the name/brand/model number of the router that the itnernet COMES from (Not the DLink one, the one from your ISP).

Turn off PS3.

Open your web browser (ON PC).

type 192.168.2.1 (It might be something different, hopefully that's it.)

If you're asked for a password, it's usually admin or 1234.

Search around the options (Probably under networking or something) for anything that says bridging, bridge mode, basically anything with bridge in it. You might see something that says Release WAN IP when you find the bridging option. Click it, then click enable bridge mdoe or something similar. RESTART your PC (Or your internet won't work). Start your PS3 and check NAT settings.

If for some reason you do something and you have no internet anymore. Your router (From your ISP, not DLink), will have a button on the back somewhere to reset the router. It's usually very small and inside a hole.
 
*sigh* Nope. I tried doing what he did and it said my DNS(Secondary is 0.0.0.0) is invalid. I can't. :( Anymore suggestions?
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top