Hello i thinking of buying a new computer :)

Angelus

Rookie
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
61
Hello i thinking of buying a new computer (laptop)

and i am just seening what you guys think of the specs an the pricing of the item :)

(new)
Computer Specs - Price $2519

Asus Notebook G51JX-3D-IX
15.6" 3D LED Screen w/ 3D Glasses
Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz (2.8Ghz Turbo)
8GB DDR3 Ram
500GB 7200rpm High Speed Storage
Blu-Ray
Nvidia GT360M 1GB Graphics
2MP Webcam
Wireless N
Bluetooth
Win 7 Pro, (Free 3D Game Value $95)
 
Hello i thinking of buying a new computer (laptop)

and i am just seening what you guys think of the specs an the pricing of the item :)

(new)
Computer Specs - Price $2519

Asus Notebook G51JX-3D-IX
15.6" 3D LED Screen w/ 3D Glasses
Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz (2.8Ghz Turbo)
8GB DDR3 Ram
500GB 7200rpm High Speed Storage
Blu-Ray
Nvidia GT360M 1GB Graphics
2MP Webcam
Wireless N
Bluetooth
Win 7 Pro, (Free 3D Game Value $95)

For $2500, why not build your own?
It would absolutely dominate any laptop, and you'd have a bigger screen.
Unless you absolutely need a laptop. Then you could get a beastly desktop and a nice little laptop to be portable with.
 
2500.... Omg...:scared: If you make your own pc with that you got an awesome computer, really, I wish i could spent that much:drool:
 
Even for a laptop with those specs the price is high.
Is it 3d capable laptop that made it jump that high in price?

Side Note: What game could be valued at 95 freaking dollars??
 
Wait what. $95 dollar game, I very much doubt.
Unless it's Counter Strike Tactical Intervention, I can totally understand that.
 
Wait what. $95 dollar game, I very much doubt.
Unless it's Counter Strike Tactical Intervention, I can totally understand that.
It's actually just Tactical Intervention. It doesn't have anything to do with counter strike.

Anyways. Yeah, why are you buying a 3d laptop? That's extremely gimmicky and you can put your money toward a laptop with way more specs, and you'll enjoy that a lot more than a feature you'll hardly use.
 
You can buy a mac for that much.

Did you just say this? I pray to god that someone has hacked your account, the only reason to use a Mac is if it's lying around, or your your compu-tarded.

I own a Mac, they are bad, I get 50 average fps in CSS, 10-30 in tf2.
 
Did you just say this? I pray to god that someone has hacked your account, the only reason to use a Mac is if it's lying around, or your your compu-tarded.

I own a Mac, they are bad, I get 50 average fps in CSS, 10-30 in tf2.

They're not bad, per say, just not ideal for gaming. Or your wallet. ^_^
 
HP Eny 14" Models.'

This will play any games to date at a fairly high frame rate. processor is a step lower than the one you chose, but no reason to pick the asus over this laptop. This machine will run you 600+ dollars less, and the gpu is much better. HP over Asus in this option.
forhim.png
 
Last edited:
in all honesty with 2500 bux i would build my own desktop, my gaming pc now is a laptop and is 3 years old and i paid about 2g or it and now its way out of date. i have to play sc2 on extremely low graphics so i dont lag. Anyways i'm about to build my own desktop and seemingly found a good deal on a mobo cpu set and am going to get a solid state drive.
 
Did you just say this? I pray to god that someone has hacked your account, the only reason to use a Mac is if it's lying around, or your your compu-tarded.

I own a Mac, they are bad, I get 50 average fps in CSS, 10-30 in tf2.

Umm, Hmm I really don't know how to go about saying this but, Yes I did say that, Yes it was a joke. No My account did not get hacked, Yes I have a mac, and no its not just lying around. In fact I have 3 and I don't call myself compu-tarded and Yes I do take offense to that.

Also I get about 80fps in CSS with everything on as high as possible. Just about the same in TF2 and about 40fps in Crysis with everything up. My Computer cost just about the same as the one he wants to buy and has the same if not better specs and that's about a year ago, so yeah. BTW in case you didn't notice my signature features my computer which would confirm I am a Mac user without having to ask the question.


-Oprah
 
HP Eny 14" Models.'

This will play any games to date at a fairly high frame rate. processor is a step lower than the one you chose, but no reason to pick the asus over this laptop. This machine will run you 600+ dollars less, and the gpu is much better. HP over Asus in this option.
forhim.png

While this computer is good spec wise, HPs are not known for quality. I Have has 4 each breaking at least once and at the most 7 times. That year HP had the computer more than me.
 
Umm, Hmm I really don't know how to go about saying this but, Yes I did say that, Yes it was a joke. No My account did not get hacked, Yes I have a mac, and no its not just lying around. In fact I have 3 and I don't call myself compu-tarded and Yes I do take offense to that.

Also I get about 80fps in CSS with everything on as high as possible. Just about the same in TF2 and about 40fps in Crysis with everything up. My Computer cost just about the same as the one he wants to buy and has the same if not better specs and that's about a year ago, so yeah. BTW in case you didn't notice my signature features my computer which would confirm I am a Mac user without having to ask the question.


-Oprah
The reason the one he posted is so expensive is because its 3d ><
 
Umm, Hmm I really don't know how to go about saying this but, Yes I did say that, Yes it was a joke. No My account did not get hacked, Yes I have a mac, and no its not just lying around. In fact I have 3 and I don't call myself compu-tarded and Yes I do take offense to that.

Also I get about 80fps in CSS with everything on as high as possible. Just about the same in TF2 and about 40fps in Crysis with everything up. My Computer cost just about the same as the one he wants to buy and has the same if not better specs and that's about a year ago, so yeah. BTW in case you didn't notice my signature features my computer which would confirm I am a Mac user without having to ask the question.


-Oprah

What resolution are you running? If its less than 1680x1050, your frame rates don't matter.
His point was that Mac's are not made for gaming. No need to rage.
 
HP are indeed known for not-so-great quality. I own a HP desktop and am looking at selling it for a mac book pro 13". It can do what I want, and plays the games I want, as I also have a separate computer I can use for other games.
 
Just For A Laptop Never Heard Of A 2000$ Laptop Before I Would Say Build Your Own Computer Or Find A BareBack Laptop so u can addon
~Best Of Luck EasyTarget
 
yer it is a 3d Computer an i already build my own Computer it just it gets to hard of moving it around all time lol :)

and its for gaming and media =]
 
yer it is a 3d Computer an i already build my own Computer it just it gets to hard of moving it around all time lol :)

and its for gaming and media =]

You could build a mobile desktop.
NZXT Vulcan
mATX SLI 1156 motherboard
i5 760
2x460
X-750
Vertex 2 60GB
WD Green 1TB
21-22" 3d capable monitor with 3d kit
keyboard + mouse

I can pretty much guarantee that will be <2500. It'll be close, but not quite.
 
Back
Top