Will I see an improvement?

QuickSkope

Famous
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
520
I have a pentium 4, Dell Dimension 3100 (new machine in 4 months)

Currently the gfx card is integrated.

My dad says if I were to wait 4 months for my new pc, he would buy me a 9400GT, will I see some decent frames?

I play tf2 and cs:s
 
According to the specs, you don't have a PCI Express x16 slot, so the card won't fit. You have a PCI Express x1 slot.
 
Well, it will improve, but it might just be better to wait. It won't be like an amazing difference. Your whole comp is holding you back.
 
Back in the day when I was running a P4 and onboard graphics, when I upgraded it was pretty huge. I upgraded to a Geforce 6200 PCI. Comparing the specs, the 9400 should work pretty good against your onboard.
 
Don't waste money on a card that wont do much.

I had a P4 dell with an 8400GS PCI (the 9400 is almost the same) and CSS crawled along at 25fps, and TF2 never broke 10. (all minimum settings 1024X768)
 
Don't waste money on a card that wont do much.

I had a P4 dell with an 8400GS PCI (the 9400 is almost the same) and CSS crawled along at 25fps, and TF2 never broke 10. (all minimum settings 1024X768)

i had a radeon 2950 on my old dell with a p4 @ 2.5GHz, and 512mb of ram. I used to get around 70fps on all minimum. just get it, it will be worth it for the 4 months you have to wait.
 
i had a radeon 2950 on my old dell with a p4 @ 2.5GHz, and 512mb of ram. I used to get around 70fps on all minimum. just get it, it will be worth it for the 4 months you have to wait.
Uh, there have been multiple engine updates that makes that no longer true.
 
I had a 9600GT With a [email protected]. It was awesome :D

I would just wait that 4 months and put the money from the 9400 into the new computer. You would get a noticeable difference but if you're replacing it in 4 months anyway, why invest?
 
My current P4 is running a Raedon HD 3650 and it is doing well I get up too 60 fps in Counter Strike Source Jail?
About 20-30 FPS in TF2 on medium - max settings.
 
Aight, but I think il just get the card for my bro (dads paying) as he plays crap mmorpgs, then il have the new pc to myself.

If I can't run the game now, it won't work with the new card? This sounds stupid to me but, I'm just asking.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top