- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
Read Part I
Read Part II
Read Part III
Read Part IV
Read Part V
I told jeod my next few stops, and he was kind enough to provide me the locations of Matt With a Cat and C-WHiT. He figured C-WHiT might know where ANGREIFEN was, since he wasn't sure himself.
I tracked down Matt in Toronto, but he wasn't cooperative at all, so I moved on to my final stop--New York.
'Well...' I thought, looking down at the piece of paper one last time, 'This seems to be the place.'
I walked inside the cafe/bistro and saw a guy sitting by himself at a table in the far corner. He looked a little older than myself and was hunched over a laptop, with a look of focus.
I walked up to the table, pulled out the other chair, and quietly sat down.
"Be with ya in a minute..." he said, not looking up. After a good 10-15 seconds, he added, "C-Whit."
"YoSpankDawg." I introduced myself too.
He stopped, glanced up at me for a second, and then went back to his computer with a "Hmm."
A few awkward minutes went by, seeming to last an eternity, before he finally stopped what he was doing, closed his laptop, looked up, and said, "What do you want?"
"Just searching for answers." I said. Going through this process as many times as I had already, I saw no point to mince words.
He looked at me, as if he was waiting for me to go on, so I explained further, "I am still convinced there is something going on...I've been making stops here and there to find the answers."
"Any luck?" he asked, though I suspected he could really care less.
"Uhhh...somewhat. Jeod and Blue taught me that every name means something." I said, "Jeod said more than that, but a good amount of it didn't make much sense."
"Yeah...that guy likes to talk in code." he responded. "And every name does mean something. Even letter of every name, actually. Never underestimate what difference one letter can make, sometimes the 26th more than the first."
"Oh really?" I asked, wondering if he'd explain more, or just do a good jeod impersonation.
He saw the questioning look on my face, opened his laptop again, and said, "We're done here."
My protests and further questions were both ignored, so I got up and left.
I was hoping he'd have at least told me where I could find Angreifen, but no luck. I flagged down a taxi and told him to take me out to Bellmore, on Long Island.
On the way, I got thinking about what C-Whit had said and I think I was maybe starting to solve some things. "The 26th more than the first"... Well, there are 26 letters, so that's one way of saying "The last more than the first." C-Whit is listed last on the leadership roster...maybe he was saying that he is the most important--that he is behind everything... It made sense, he is in charge of a lot of things around eGO and he's been around for quite a while, more than most of the rest of leadership. Also...he mentioned that every letter of every name was important. His gamer name is C-WHiT. That little i stands out more than the other letters. It has to be for a reason. What could 'i' mean though? Only place I ever recall seeing lower-case 'i' like that is in math, as in "imaginary number."
I thought about that one for a while, but could come up with nothing. 'Imaginary number???'...'Formed by trying to find the square root of...' That was it! The square root of a negative! Negative = bad, so it shows he is at the root of everything bad! He must be the "chosen one"!
I arrived in Bellmore with a renewed drive and passion to solve this thing.
It was somewhat diminished after hours upon hours of searching with no luck.
I made my way to a park and plopped down on a bench next to a few old guys playing some chess.
"Where the crap is this guy??" I said quietly to myself. Fortunately the old men paid my chaotic mutterings. "Angrei fan....Angrei fan...where are you, Angrei fan? Angry Fan. Ahn-grey fan. Ugh."
"Son, you have a problem." one of the old men said to me.
"Yes, I know. I am sorry, I'll shut up." I apologized, embarrassed.
"No..not that." he said, then pointed at the piece of paper I had set down on the table, "That. You're reading it wrong. That said Angry-fen, boy."
"Angryfen?" The other man half-yelled, "Angryfen?! Damn Krauts..."
"Woah wait..." I stopped them, puzzled. "What is going on here?"
Mr. Outburst answered, "Damn Germans used to say that in the war."
I saw that Mr. Profound was right, and that I had misread his name all these months, and then asked, "What does it mean?"
"Hmmm. Ya know...not sure." Mr. Outburst said.
"Where can I find a computer?" I asked them, to which Mr. Profound pointed out the public library about a block away.
I got there and jumped on a public computer, googling "Angreifen" near New York. The first thing to pop up was some place in Germany.
"Strange..." I thought, "But I guess that explains why there are two leaders from New York, cause one is actually found in Germany. That's why I couldn't find him around here either."
That got me thinking...I wasn't able to find KILLER either, so I went to Pensacola on the map and googled his name. That lead me to the city of Colima, Mexico. It made sense, since there were also two leaders from Florida.
Changing KILLER's and Angrei's locations to the new ones, I calculated the Geometric Center again and came up with Rock, Wisconsin.
(New map)
Looks like I was going back to the Midwest.
Just before I left, I looked up what angreifen meant. Of course... German. Verb. "Attack."
Read Part II
Read Part III
Read Part IV
Read Part V
I told jeod my next few stops, and he was kind enough to provide me the locations of Matt With a Cat and C-WHiT. He figured C-WHiT might know where ANGREIFEN was, since he wasn't sure himself.
I tracked down Matt in Toronto, but he wasn't cooperative at all, so I moved on to my final stop--New York.
'Well...' I thought, looking down at the piece of paper one last time, 'This seems to be the place.'
I walked inside the cafe/bistro and saw a guy sitting by himself at a table in the far corner. He looked a little older than myself and was hunched over a laptop, with a look of focus.
I walked up to the table, pulled out the other chair, and quietly sat down.
"Be with ya in a minute..." he said, not looking up. After a good 10-15 seconds, he added, "C-Whit."
"YoSpankDawg." I introduced myself too.
He stopped, glanced up at me for a second, and then went back to his computer with a "Hmm."
A few awkward minutes went by, seeming to last an eternity, before he finally stopped what he was doing, closed his laptop, looked up, and said, "What do you want?"
"Just searching for answers." I said. Going through this process as many times as I had already, I saw no point to mince words.
He looked at me, as if he was waiting for me to go on, so I explained further, "I am still convinced there is something going on...I've been making stops here and there to find the answers."
"Any luck?" he asked, though I suspected he could really care less.
"Uhhh...somewhat. Jeod and Blue taught me that every name means something." I said, "Jeod said more than that, but a good amount of it didn't make much sense."
"Yeah...that guy likes to talk in code." he responded. "And every name does mean something. Even letter of every name, actually. Never underestimate what difference one letter can make, sometimes the 26th more than the first."
"Oh really?" I asked, wondering if he'd explain more, or just do a good jeod impersonation.
He saw the questioning look on my face, opened his laptop again, and said, "We're done here."
My protests and further questions were both ignored, so I got up and left.
I was hoping he'd have at least told me where I could find Angreifen, but no luck. I flagged down a taxi and told him to take me out to Bellmore, on Long Island.
On the way, I got thinking about what C-Whit had said and I think I was maybe starting to solve some things. "The 26th more than the first"... Well, there are 26 letters, so that's one way of saying "The last more than the first." C-Whit is listed last on the leadership roster...maybe he was saying that he is the most important--that he is behind everything... It made sense, he is in charge of a lot of things around eGO and he's been around for quite a while, more than most of the rest of leadership. Also...he mentioned that every letter of every name was important. His gamer name is C-WHiT. That little i stands out more than the other letters. It has to be for a reason. What could 'i' mean though? Only place I ever recall seeing lower-case 'i' like that is in math, as in "imaginary number."
I thought about that one for a while, but could come up with nothing. 'Imaginary number???'...'Formed by trying to find the square root of...' That was it! The square root of a negative! Negative = bad, so it shows he is at the root of everything bad! He must be the "chosen one"!
I arrived in Bellmore with a renewed drive and passion to solve this thing.
It was somewhat diminished after hours upon hours of searching with no luck.
I made my way to a park and plopped down on a bench next to a few old guys playing some chess.
"Where the crap is this guy??" I said quietly to myself. Fortunately the old men paid my chaotic mutterings. "Angrei fan....Angrei fan...where are you, Angrei fan? Angry Fan. Ahn-grey fan. Ugh."
"Son, you have a problem." one of the old men said to me.
"Yes, I know. I am sorry, I'll shut up." I apologized, embarrassed.
"No..not that." he said, then pointed at the piece of paper I had set down on the table, "That. You're reading it wrong. That said Angry-fen, boy."
"Angryfen?" The other man half-yelled, "Angryfen?! Damn Krauts..."
"Woah wait..." I stopped them, puzzled. "What is going on here?"
Mr. Outburst answered, "Damn Germans used to say that in the war."
I saw that Mr. Profound was right, and that I had misread his name all these months, and then asked, "What does it mean?"
"Hmmm. Ya know...not sure." Mr. Outburst said.
"Where can I find a computer?" I asked them, to which Mr. Profound pointed out the public library about a block away.
I got there and jumped on a public computer, googling "Angreifen" near New York. The first thing to pop up was some place in Germany.
"Strange..." I thought, "But I guess that explains why there are two leaders from New York, cause one is actually found in Germany. That's why I couldn't find him around here either."
That got me thinking...I wasn't able to find KILLER either, so I went to Pensacola on the map and googled his name. That lead me to the city of Colima, Mexico. It made sense, since there were also two leaders from Florida.
Changing KILLER's and Angrei's locations to the new ones, I calculated the Geometric Center again and came up with Rock, Wisconsin.
(New map)
Looks like I was going back to the Midwest.
Just before I left, I looked up what angreifen meant. Of course... German. Verb. "Attack."
Last edited:













