DoD Divisional Commentary/Morale Thread

sorry to post again.
But I remember at the end of a round if you lost, you would change into an object e.g. a chair or waggon. Would be cool if we could get that again.

Cheers,
-Kiwi
 
Oh good, I've got some material to work with here. Let's see...

Silent_Predator said:
I have placed a suggestion in the drop box to replace our mostly dead Sniper Server with a Blitz Map server.

for those that dont know what a Blitz map is - it is a central thru-way with no side alleys like a standard map.. it is a run-n-gun, rush map.

We're discussing this, but don't expect anything to be running in the next day, week, or month, in all seriousness. Right now, we're trying to work out the kinks of Anzio, keep the other servers up and running (which is much easier said than done; the Systems Development team has done a fantastic job for us), and populate everything to the best of our ability. That server is just on the back burner right now for us, and it'll be a project for the future. Sorry for the bleak response; I'm trying to be realistic and honest here.

BlackBird said:
I think.... we sometimes promote people to fast. I aint gonna call names but i know some people who can't be admin becaus there english is bad and so on.

If there are issues with other players, talk to an Advisor or use the Drop Box, and just make sure you have something to show us (call it evidence if you want, but we're not out to stop people).

BIOHZRD03 said:
the only thing that i will say is that there are people who cause problems on the servers who have been promoted and some people who need to be promoted who are still e's

Yes, we all know about the storm of controversy over the last promotion cycle. We know that a lot of people were upset about who did and didn't get promoted. Again, all I can really say is that if you have a strong opinion, let us know. Much as we try to find and review everyone, we're bound to miss good potential admins, and this is where recommendations from eGs/eGOs come into play.

(IO) SA said:
How is event attendance (besides realism)? Events are awesome and a lot of fun, but many of us can't attend 5 events pretty much every night of the week. If we are having a problem with attendance we could shave it down to 3 or 4 and make it more shiney/special?

That kind of leads into another point, where are we at with recruiting? #'s up or down? I would have to guess slightly down, but I honestly have no clue. More recruits=more people to hang around and play with=better attendance at events=more fun for our division.

Attendance is down, especially at the Tuesday Quick-Draw event. Recruiting is also down (or at least was for the last month). We're looking into ways to fix this problem aside from "GO INTO SERVERS AND RECRUIT".

Kiwi. said:
When I was back in NZ for the summer I was playing with great e's who our leaders just don't see. I would have suggested them for Promotion but I didn't know if it was my place as I am just a Newish eG. If we could get more admins on during the US late nights. It would help keep our servers running smoothly and keep them populated. If you give them some responsibility they feel more involved and accountable. well thats what happened for me anyway.

We trust all of our admins when it comes to promotion recommendations (unless you happen to have given a ton of bad advice in the past :P). All you have to do is pass on the word.

ST0RMY said:
I really enjoy the idea of visting other games and servers. Members often only like to visit a small selection of maps or games (myslef included). I will be doing my best to tour different games and servers and hopefully learn from other dividision or even teach them!

Just remember to think about other divisions' methods and policies Examples of this would include keybind usage and the very liberal DoD "eGs can do stuff, just keep eGOs posted", as compared to the "Let's figure out who should/how they should warn ___" that I keep hearing about from elsewhere.

I think this is a pretty good discussion so far, although I feel like I keep repeating the words "Drop Box" way too much. Either way, I do like going back and forth like this to hopefully provide some insight into things.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot something...we're looking for good, fair reasons to give out some of the eGO stickers that made the front page news a while back. (No, "I want some"/"You should give me some"/anything like that is not an acceptable reason, for the record.
 
Last edited:
I want some/You should give me some

Clearly this was a case of reverse psychology.

I for one am so up for the going to other games and invading their servers, and the INS v DoD:S mini-dust off was a huge success on our part, espically considering we literally won on the DoD:S side in less than 2 minutes. I would love to have more inter-divisional scrims.

As for events I feel like Im never notified, the only one I see is for Wild Card. If there was a post for every event I feel like the newer members, and the forgetful ones, such as myself, might attend more events. Also, the other night, when Matt was messing with the settings for the event, I had tons of fun. And I miss Admin Abuse night.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top