I need some help with graphic cards?

jCorr

Poster
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
116
Mod's feel free to move this into Tech Talk main if need be.


I am looking into getting rid of my Radeon HD 5570, It's not worth the money I paid for it.

I need you guys to come up with a better bang for buck, I'm aiming towards the GTX 460, but what should I go for? I know I'm DEFINITELY not getting the 768MB model, I've seen different FPS and Performance tests and the 1GB models blow the 768MB models out of the water. Now heres the tough part, go for a high quality GTX 460 1GB model, or go for the GTX 460 1GB Super-clocked model, and spend a couple extra bucks? I'm leaning towards the Super-clocked just because of the specs.

Please chip in if you know what you are talking about, I'm looking for real answers not opinions. Thank you.
 
Last edited:
This should be in tech talk, but it's alright.

I'm personally getting two 5870's for free... Which is pretty much over kill. But I'm an AMD fan so I gotta stick with 'em.. Plus they're free for me. :P

If you're willing to spend the couple of extra bucks on the super clocked, then go ahead and do it. It's definitely worth the money.
 
This should be in tech talk, but it's alright.

I'm personally getting two 5870's for free... Which is pretty much over kill. But I'm an AMD fan so I gotta stick with 'em.. Plus they're free for me. :P

If you're willing to spend the couple of extra bucks on the super clocked, then go ahead and do it. It's definitely worth the money.

Stop trolling about your free 5870s. And seriously, post a pic or it didn't happen.


jCorr:
Why pay for a factory overclock when GF104 is so good at it by itself? It depends on what you want.
MSi Cyclone = quiet and lowest temps of all 460s
ASUS DirectTOP/MSi Hawk = most voltage control which means more overclock.
Generic = still pretty good
 
Stop trolling about your free 5870s. And seriously, post a pic or it didn't happen.


jCorr:
Why pay for a factory overclock when GF104 is so good at it by itself? It depends on what you want.
MSi Cyclone = quiet and lowest temps of all 460s
ASUS DirectTOP/MSi Hawk = most voltage control which means more overclock.
Generic = still pretty good

If I don't plan on over-clocking, what is your suggestion, Phobus?
 
If I don't plan on over-clocking, what is your suggestion, Phobus?
Just go for the regular one, the super clocked has clocks that you won't notice any difference in-game at all. It's just marketing to get you to pay more money.

Soldier's been talking about his dual 5870s for months now, I'm not seeing anything, rofl.
 
Back
Top