How to better yourself on eGO servers

Dutchoper72

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
6,556
Now when i go on a lot of the pubs come and join and say "Hi" or "How is it going everyone". Then in return some other pubs say hi in return but nothing from eGO players. If we want people to feel welcomed we should at least greet them with open arms not just ignore them.
 
I always try to say something, as it is something I would do if meeting others on the street. Just something you do.
 
Heck, its hard to shut me up most of the time. When i join a server i always greet everyone and say my hellos to admins and my pub friends. returning a greeting is a great way of making friends and more importantly making our pubs feel at home, and maybe entice them into joining eGO. Take the time and treat everyone with some courtesy and respect through conversation... remember: there is a standard chat besides admin chat fellas!

P.S. Complimenting pubs and members alike is a great way to promote the eGO spirit, i have a habit of congratulating players for achievements. All i know is that i like to receive compliments so why not dish them out?

+1 for Dutch..... (-156,494 + 1 = -156,493)
 
I say hi to everyone when i join any server, even non-eGO ones
 
thats about it isn't it.. simple common courtesy. What will shape people's perceptions of the servers is often the welcome and encouragement they get, this in turn will affect their level of enjoyment.. and we want people having a good time and keeping the servers full, this is good for eGO and in turn good for us - new people to meet and to be part of something fun and interesting.

Couple of examples of this i had recently - had a very quiet donner game, only 6 - 8 of us earlier today.. and i was getting absolutely wasted.. 1 to 4 kills to deaths.. thanks mainly to stormy!! But i was enjoying it.. bit of laugh in between, everyone talking, everyone congratulating on good shots, laughing at bad etc..

It is no great hardship to put a little of yourself out there and be a bit more communicative, by mic or text and it will be returned back to you! :)

How did i end up writing so much... anyone would think i am being paid per word...
 
I always greet people, say grats for achievements, and let them know when they make a good shot. Heck I'd even offer them a plate of cookies and milk if I knew they wouldn't shoot me anymore
 
I always greet people, say grats for achievements, and let them know when they make a good shot. Heck I'd even offer them a plate of cookies and milk if I knew they wouldn't shoot me anymore

+1

Unfortunately I do not catch all the hello chatter.
 
Back
Top