A little advice please

HazeUk

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
900
My PC recently completely died off. I've more or less come to the conclusion its a hardware fail. Spent about 2 days online finding out why, and I cant get it to work. Anyway, either way my pc is in for an upgrade, its getting on. Im upgrading my motherboard, RAM, and CPU. Here is the rig I will have, Im going to use the other components from my other rig, since its been recently updated. ( I'm not too great with building custom desktops, so second opinions are welcomed (: )

Here is what it will be :

(Obviously not everything, just the main things I am changing. Except GPU)

CPU : Intel CPU i5 650 Dual Core [email protected]
GPU : Nvidia 9800GT 512MB
RAM : 4X2GB Corsair (8gb) DDR3
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Motherboard : ASUS P7P55D PRO Intel P55 Express 1156

I've read this is all compatible. Like the CPU will fit into the motherboard (1156) and the DDR3 RAM is optimised to work with the CPU (i5s) and will fit on the motherboard. Wasnt planning on buying new RAM but I have to. My GPU is from my PC now. I have a 1000w PSU, I know its probably overpowered, but hey.

I see no problem with it, but I could and probably are wrong. Any adivce much welcomed.

Thanks,

-Haze.
 
Last edited:
Thanks mate, appreciated. Aha yeah thats true. Its going to cost about ?400, but it will be worth it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top