Steam... Sigh

Fletch

I made one post
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
17
Howdy,

So its more a case of steam games than steam its self.

Go to play DoD:S CS:S or Alien swarm and they come up with the box preparing to launch.

Then it either does nothing or it loads and shuts off. Maybe once out of every 30 tries i might get to play a game.

Tried everything to fix it. Verified game cache : Check
Defragged : Check
Reinstall steam : Check
Reinstall each individual game : Check
Delete blob registry file : Check

Getting annoying now and i want to play DoD:S!!!!!!!!!

Help please!

Fletch
 
scan for viruses?

Also when you deleted steam did you delete your steam folder as well?
 
Go to steam support and see if they have your problem, but may I ask how you re installed steam I have a problem aswell.
 
*Edit*

Fletch I had a similar issue, however my games never fully started, no matter how many times I tried. I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version and that happened to fix it. I don't know if you have, but if you haven't its worth a shot.

----------------------------------

Go to steam support and see if they have your problem, but may I ask how you re installed steam I have a problem aswell.

If you want to re-install steam, simply uninstall it through Control Panel and then download it from here and re install it. ( Some files may be left over, don't know whether this will be a problem to be honest)

http://store.steampowered.com/

(top right)

Hope it helps you RedStarFish,

-Haze.
 
Last edited:
I had a similar problem. My antivirus firewall was blocking my Steam and Source games so the game would try to start then never would. In your antivirus program, try adding the game as an exception (since its obviously not a virus). fixed it for me.

EDIT: also, before trying to launch the game again, do you have to kill the hl2.exe process in your task manager (for CSS at least)?
 
Last edited:
*Edit*

Fletch I had a similar issue, however my games never fully started, no matter how many times I tried. I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version and that happened to fix it. I don't know if you have, but if you haven't its worth a shot.

----------------------------------



If you want to re-install steam, simply uninstall it through Control Panel and then download it from here and re install it. ( Some files may be left over, don't know whether this will be a problem to be honest)

http://store.steampowered.com/

(top right)

Hope it helps you RedStarFish,

-Haze.

Thanks! Ill try it asap.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top