The one mile walk.

microwolf96

Poster
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
230
Title is pretty straightforward, don't you agree?

Alright, here's the story, then.

I was taking my puppy for a walk today to do both an assignment for Physical Education as well as to get a little exercise.
Me and Cody (my puppy) were about a mile from home and I was about to round a corner when I noticed the leash was loose and coiling back up. I turned around to see Cody panicked and starting to run. He was about 100 yards away from me at this point. I commanded him to sit but he didn't listen and I started trying to catch up to him and he took off running.
At this point, I began to panic because I didn't want him to get hurt or get lost. I started to run after him commanding him to sit and stay along the way. He kept running. I began to sprint. I sprinted for a total of a half mile before I finally caught up to him. He was slowing down to sniff a tree. I picked up him and called my dad... from here, it's pretty obvious what happen: dad picks me & puppy up.

So, what's the point of me telling you this? Well, I'm not exactly in shape to be running for that long. I was surprised I didn't collapse after I picked up Cody.

I weigh about 350 lbs. last time I was at the doctors. Now, you might think I look like a blimp, but I don't. I'm 6 feet tall, give or take a inch or two. I'm also big-boned, meaning my bones are thicker than most other people, which also means my bones are a lot heavier.

I don't snack a lot, I eat decently healthy, but I am lazy. I'm getting more active, though. Things aren't so boring in my life. My school work is more tuned to what I like, I have a hyper as f**k puppy, and my family's life in general is taking a turn for the better.

Why is sprinting for about half a mile such an achievement for me? Well, to put it simply, I haven't been able to run for more than 5 seconds, much less jog a half mile. Also, I was probably sprinting at like 15 miles an hour, which for my weight, is fast.

My puppy was scared because of some dogs that were barking at him. Knowing that dogs communicate through barking, they were probably saying things that scared Cody half to death, hence the reason he found a way off the leash. It either snapped as he started running or he chewed it off. I wouldn't be surprised if he had chewed it off considering how thin the rope was. It was more like braided yarn than anything.

So, this gave you a chance to know a little bit more about myself, as well as hear a story that happened less than an hour ago, that MAY be interesting to you.

Have any interesting stories you want to share? Go ahead and share them in my thread :)
 
Hmm. Nice story. I guess I will share a short story with my fellow eGO players.

The title will be...

The Man Between the Fences

So. Back when I was about 9 or 8, my brother had his 11th birthday party. It started early afternoon and was a sleepover. So the day goes great, water balloon fights, cake, presents, laughs, etc. When all the family had left and only the kids who were spending the night were there, we went outside and played tag in the dark. (Info: Between my house and our neighbors was my dark red wood fence and their metal fence). So all is going well so far. Lotta of scared screams when the chaser finds you, stuff like that. So we all gather up near our driveway next to the gap between the fences. Wasn't a large gap. Maybe a foot or two in width. So we start walking to the entrance of the gap. Once we all can see through it, we see the tall figure with what looked like some sort of shotgun or old rifle. We stand their in complete fear. Then the figure starts walking through the crack. We scream and run into the garage, tripping and stumbling as we go. We quickly close the garage, lock the side door, and run through the door into my basement. As the parents try to get a story of what happened and why we were all so scared, there is a loud bang on the garage, like someone was running into it. We all stare at the garage-basement door, but it doesn't open. My dad, uncle, and other uncle open the door to the garage, but no one was there. The garage closed, but had an enormous dent in it. So we all stay in our basement and play Madden 03 and 04, trying to forget about that horrible moment.​

There ya go. Hope it was good. :D
 
Nice story iiNfamous. Glad to see you are getting in better shape. I myself am over 6 feet tall but im skinny for my age. Maybe part of the reason that you ran so far was motivation. You didnt want Cody hurt or lost and your mind wasnt on your running but more on getting him safe. Motivation can play a big factor especially when it comes to exercising.
 
If you, or anyone else ever needs help with a routine, I'd be glad to help. I go to the gym and work out a lot.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top