Memorial Fund Started For Family of Dev Killed in Car Crash

LuxMortim

EGO Addict
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
1,235
Friends of Brian Wood, the Company of Heroes developer who lost his life in a tragic car accident on Friday, have established a trust fund to aid his wife and their unborn child during this trying time. Every dollar counts.

As reported earlier this week, Company of Heroes Online lead designer Brian Wood of Relic Entertainment lost his life on Friday night, when his Subaru Outback was struck head-on by an out-of-control Chevy Blazer. The 33-year-old developer was killed in the crash. According to his wife, his last act was swerving his vehicle to take the full brunt of the impact himself, saving her life and that of the couple's unborn child.

Radical Entertainment's Szymon Mazus, a close friend of the family, now points us towards a trust fund established to aid Erin and her child as they deal with this tragic situation.

"Brian was a very close friend. He was just the kindest most down to earth person you could ever hope to meet, as is Erin. We have set up a trust fund to help Erin and the baby during this very difficult time and I was hoping you would be willing to post a blurb about this and a link to www.brianwoodmemorialtrust.com on your site. We, family and friends, would be incredibly grateful."

http://kotaku.com/5633985/memorial-...started-for-family-of-dev-killed-in-car-crash
 
[-snippet- I need to read articles better-]

It is sad though, Brian Wood did a very noble thing, and I respect him for that.
 
Last edited:
I may sound heartless for this, but the BS meter is starting to go off in my head.
Even then it kinda sounds like they're trying to profit off of his death. (mind you, I still may be completely wrong; I don't know these people)

It is sad though, Brian Wood did a very noble thing, and I respect him for that.
The friends set it up for the wife.. she is having a baby and has no way to keep a steady income or a job when the baby gets born. She didn't ask for it.

Sad story, stupid drunk drivers..
 
The friends set it up for the wife.. she is having a baby and has no way to keep a steady income or a job when the baby gets born. She didn't ask for it.

Sad story, stupid drunk drivers..

He sounds like a cool guy though, not many people have the reflexes to make a split decision like that. He was indeed a good man, and I hope the wife gets along just fine.

edit [I read the article and a few comments]:
While this very well, and most likely is truthful, Kotaku doesn't really verify this in any way, it may very well be a con-artist. I'm weary when people ask for money over the internet.
 
Last edited:
He sounds like a cool guy though, not many people have the reflexes to make a split decision like that. He was indeed a good man, and I hope the wife gets along just fine.

edit [I read the article and a few comments]:
While this very well, and most likely is truthful, Kotaku doesn't really verify this in any way, it may very well be a con-artist. I'm weary when people ask for money over the internet.

As you should be. However, living in the area, I can confirm this is legit. Local papers, etc...
 
Thats quite a thing to do for the lives of his wife and unborn child, and also very sad that such a thing happened to him. I hope they are able to raise money for them.
 
He sounds like a cool guy though, not many people have the reflexes to make a split decision like that. He was indeed a good man, and I hope the wife gets along just fine.

edit [I read the article and a few comments]:
While this very well, and most likely is truthful, Kotaku doesn't really verify this in any way, it may very well be a con-artist. I'm weary when people ask for money over the internet.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/426208_crash04.html
 
R.I.P. I would donate if I can. Actually, as soon as I get some money, I'll do it hopefully.

Company of Heroes is a great game, and Relic is a great developer. My condolences to his family and friends.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top