Remembering 9/11

Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
68
As you all know, tommorow is the 9th anniversary of the tragedy that happened.. I want to ask you to please remmeber the men and woman who were tragically killed in an act of terrorism.


Where were you all when this happened?
 
I was 35 minutes away. I live on Long Island, an immediate suburban area due east of NYC.

I remember the next day when we went out for recess at school (I was in 7th grade) we couldn't go out for recess for the smoke and dust made its way over our area.. and needless to say it was very hazardous to your health.


The day it happened I just remember lots of things being said.. class being canceled as we all surrounded a TV or radio that had the news on.. It felt like something out of the 40's in WW2.

Then as the day was ending I remember many people screaming, crying.. Their husbands, fathers, mothers, sisters, friends, or someone in relation to them worked in the towers.. Or they had family members in the NYPD or FDNY.


I'll never forget the things my dad told me before I saw ANY NEWS broadcast.. When he picked me up from school and told me that he saw the towers get hit and he saw 1 fall down from where he works.. (He works in Nassau county, it boarders NYC's counties of kings & queens).. He told me people just fell over they were so terrified and over whelmed.


New york city, and the country needless to say, was never the same.

God bless the fallen. My prayers will be with them when I attend church this Sunday.
 
Last edited:
R.I.P to the victims of 9/11.

They can break our buldings, but not our spirit. The only thing that resulted from that attack was a stronger, better more aware nation, and a nation with a new fire inside

God bless those who have fallen, and still fight for us.
 
Forgot to post where i was....

My father, being a Lt.Col in the AirForce at that time, was stationed in Minot, ND. I was in 3rd grade at that time out at recess when i say my mom walking down the playground... she had tears running down her cheek and told me to come and get in the car... i went in and found both of my brothers, one fighting off tears, while the other one couldnt fight them off too much... i was wondering what was going on and asked, as i got a response of "Some idiots crashed into the World Trade Centers"... at that time i didnt know what those were, or what really had happened, until i saw footage when we came back home.. it was a very scary moment, realizing that we arent safe in this country anymore.. im sure noone got sleep the following night....
 
I was at school. Completely unaware, the whole class was. The phone rang. Teacher walked over and picked it up. We heard a "No way!" come from her mouth. Next thing we know she walked over turned the TV on flipped on the news. There we saw the towers on fire with all that smoke coming out. We all sat there in awe as we saw what happened. We were in even more shocked as we watched them collapse.
 
First grade. Turned on the news right as the News started to show the first tower. Teachers then covered the windows and thought of a attack on the whole country and it was a weird day for a 6 year old child.
 
I was still in Vietnam when that occurred, I was just reading a book and my dad told me softly (in Vietnamese) "The twin towers just fell." I never knew it was a big incident because I was very young.
R.I.P everyone who died in that tragic day.
 
I was sitting in class when I was 8. In the middle of a lesson my teacher got a call, she looked terrified and ran over to the tv in the corner. The classroom was the quietest I've ever seen 7-8 year olds get....anyway they called everyones parents to come pick us up.
 
Last edited:
6th Grade English class, one of the office people knocked on the door and told our teacher to turn on the TV. It was a devastating day for our nation and this world.
 
I think I was in either 2nd or 3rd grade...and I can clearly remember that day. RIP all who died in the attack.
 
A sad day indeed, no matter what you believe in or think of 9/11 it was a horrible day. The world changed in many ways because of it.. To the worse a lot people say, and I've heard heavy debates about the subject, but the thing people always forget is the people who died that day, may the rest in peace where ever they are.

All I can remember from that day is watching the towers fall, I didn't understand what was really happening or why it did, but it made my grandmother cry,.
 
I remember I was in 3rd or 4th grade, and honestly no teacher made any announcements or turned on the tv. It was just like a normal day, then I believe I went to a Buffalo wild wings (sports bar) and on all the tv's it was showing the towers and I had absolutely no idea what was going on and had to have my parents explain what was happening. RIP all those killed and condolences to their families
 
I was home 6 years old watching cartoons and then my parents switched the TV to FOX News to what was after the first crash. We watched for about 30 minutes and then right infront of us on the TV a second plane crashed into the other tower. My parents were in shock. My mother is in the Air Force and she must have got an update from one of the people she worked with,
We Will Never Forget That Day.
 
I was coming home from grade school. My mom was sitting on the couch crying. I looked at the TV and I see two towers falling. Was confused.
 
remember those lost 09/11/01 post here

Remember those lost in the tragic events that occurred on this very day 9 years ago. May the victims rest in eternal peace and the family of the parished be comforted by the kind words of sympathetic people around the world on this Infamous day 09/11/01
 
When this occurred I was in the 3rd grade and the announcements came on telling us what happened, I was confused at the time as I was very young but still felt the chill down my spine. I went home and found my dad glued to the TV at lunch time and weather or not it was live I witnessed the planes hit the towers at a very young age and it was a shocking experience. To this day it sends chills down my spine..... May the victims rest in eternal peace and may the families of the fallen now be known as hero's to the many firefighters and civilians/workers to the many police officers and officials... to every individual lost that day... may you be known as hero's in the eyes of your country and to the eyes of the world... May you rest in peace
 
I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I really didn't care at the time, or know what was happening. I don't even remember what happened at school that day.
 
I was in class and we sat there and watched what happen when my teacher turned the T.V. on from hearing word of a tower being hit. RIP all who died that tragic day.
 
Last edited:
School, my nanny came and got me. Got inside the house right when the second plane hit. I remember doing a drawing of what a teacher asked us "Where would you like to be..." or something like that. I drew those towers and the people on the ground. Really haven't been emotional but now even today I felt sad, but I wouldn't cry.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top