Sound Searchin'

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
Hey guys,

I am currently in the market for a new audio card.

I have had my eye on two so far.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132014
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102021

I would guess the creative is better for gaming while the asus is better for music. But I am not very knowledgeable in regards to audio cards and what some of the specs translate to.

I listen to music all the time and I game quite often. I play FPS games competitively so good bass and ability to gauge footstep distance and location is important. However, I want the music that I listen to to be super clear with little to no "noise", if you will.

Could someone help me out and try to explain any main differences between these two cards? Which one should I go for? Is there a different card or company that would be a better choice?

On a final note, I do not want to spend much more than 200 dollars on a sound card. I am currently using the card that came with my rampage 2 extreme mobo. Full system specs in sig if needed.

Thanks a bunch

-Blue
 
Last edited:
lookin at the specs of the cards, they look pretty similar. I think that the ASUS card would be better suited for a HTPC but as far as what you need a card for (gaming and music) you probably wouldn't notice a difference between the 2.
 
Pretty much what rob said.
The ASUS Xonar Essence is also really good for headphones, keep that in mind.
If you're just gaming, go with the Creative sound card.
 
Back
Top