Protect keyboard?

that_guy

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
677
Alright well I have sweaty hands which tends not to go well with painted keyboards. I recently got a new keyboard as a gift for my birthday a while back. This is the one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175104

And the keys are starting to smudge, which makes it look blergh because the lighting doesn't seem as cool anymore.

Is there any CHEAP way I can keep this from happening? Perhaps some type of computer keyboard clear coating?

Thanks.
That Guy

EDIT Not just a cheap way but an EASY way as well as in no shipping etc.
 
Last edited:
That's such a dick move. :/
OP: You could look for new keys, ones that don't wear down from sweat.
Dude did you just swear on eGO forums.

Alright well I have sweaty hands which tends not to go well with painted keyboards. I recently got a new keyboard as a gift for my birthday a while back. This is the one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175104

And the keys are starting to smudge, which makes it look blergh because the lighting doesn't seem as cool anymore.

Is there any CHEAP way I can keep this from happening? Perhaps some type of computer keyboard clear coating?

Thanks.
That Guy

EDIT Not just a cheap way but an EASY way as well as in no shipping etc.
Why don't you get something like gloves or something, like those packs of like 100 latex gloves, the sweat will go into them and won't go onto the keyboard.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to start putting "I ALREADY GOOGLED THIS" In all of my posts and euro,I would but I play for hours on end and gloves'll be like.... bleh. Can't I try take the keys out and spraying it with a clear coat? I thought of that first. But I'm afraid that I'll mess with the contacts if I do that. Then I thought I could try finding stickers the size of the painted key image, then spray painting it theb removing the stickers. /feedback more suggestions?
 
I'm going to start putting "I ALREADY GOOGLED THIS" In all of my posts and euro,I would but I play for hours on end and gloves'll be like.... bleh. Can't I try take the keys out and spraying it with a clear coat? I thought of that first. But I'm afraid that I'll mess with the contacts if I do that. Then I thought I could try finding stickers the size of the painted key image, then spray painting it theb removing the stickers. /feedback more suggestions?

You could. It's worth a shot.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top