What gaming Headset should I get?

-Fake

Active Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
350
Well my headset decided to die out today :crying:
So I am trying to get a new headset.

I am thinking about getting a Razer Carcharias or a Megalodon.

What would you guys recommend?

Budget is $150
 
Either Turtle Beach or Trittons. The two best in the Business.

Best from Turtle Beach for PC are the Earforce HPA2's

and the AX Pro from Tritton its only about 10 bucks over what your budget is.
 
Last edited:
Also seeing that Triton is currently a sponsor for eGO should help your decision ;). Back when I bought my headset, Turtle Beach was a sponsor and there was a specific eGO page I had found. I forget if it was a discount or dedicated money to eGO now, but either way it's pretty win.
 
I am also looking at Steelseries are they any good?

Steelseries Siberia V2 looks intresting...
 
If your budget is $150 you should get the Logitech G35's
 
Either Turtle Beach or Trittons. The two best in the Business.

Best from Turtle Beach for PC are the Earforce HPA2's

and the AX Pro from Tritton its only about 10 bucks over what your budget is.

Go for the Turtle Beach. I use a wireless one for my 360 and love it.


I have the AX Pro and it worked good for about the first 6 months. Its about to go on its 4th RMA from a broken mic and the sound dying in an ear. I loved the quality of sound when it worked, but the customer service was extremely lacking and I was told four times I would get the new '10 Pro when I just got the same broken headset back each time.


However, if your not unlucky like me, you might not have any issues, in which case I think the Tritton is amazing.
 
I have the carcharias, best headset I have ever owned hands down.
 
I have the carcharias, best headset I have ever owned hands down.

Yeah I am thinking about getting that.

With a new whole Gaming setup.

New mouse
New Keyboard
New Headset

All that stuff.
 
*Sigh*

Im telling you dont go Logitec or any other brand. If your going to buy a headset go with the two I stated, Ive had many headsets and everyone of them broke. My Turtlebeach headset was dieing in an ear like Black Hawks did but I think I know what caused the issue in the first place. I still had my warranty so I got it replaced within 2 weeks. Plus since i got an adapter i can use it for both PC and PS3. If your going to buy one, buy the right one the first time and save yourself some trouble.
 
I have the carcharias, best headset I have ever owned hands down.

Is it the only headset you've ever owned? My first razer headset broke (the detachable mic broke in half) and the second had horrible sound quality. From my experience razer headsets are horrible quality for the price range of $100+.

Note that I own multiple razer mice, multiple razer mousepads, a razer armadillo, and their mako speakers so I dont hate razer.

I highly recommend sennheiser's PC350 headset. I have also heard good things about logitech's 7.1 headset (I think its the G35).

-Blue
 
I'm definitely going with Turtle Beach!

But I don't know what model I am going to look up some reviews on the different Headset models...
 
lol I just got a 30$ logitch headset with mic.

That thing works better than 80$ "Gaming" head sets I've had in the past. Don't blow your money on something ridiculous.
 
How is Turtle Beach?

Sennheiser has never given me any problems, therefore until then, I will continue to support them and their company.
 
How is Turtle Beach?

As far as quality of sound goes, top notch. But for the build of their models, I have to give a 3/5 on the x52 headset. Cheap plastic in some pretty high stress areas of the headset (areas that move or bend as you put the headset on or take it off). But nothing a little krazy glue couldnt fix.

EDIT: If given the chance and money, i would probably buy another pair they were that good. I would also suggest staying away from the Plantronics Gamecom headset... I've had nothing but issues with it from the start...
 
Last edited:
I'm currently running a G35 and it's hands down the best headset I've ever had(and my 3rd at $100+). Very solid, good sound, and worth every penny. The only thing I don't like is the cord. I'm currently mulling over whether or not to sell it and get a G930, same thing w/o the wire.
 
I am also looking at Steelseries are they any good?

Steelseries Siberia V2 looks intresting...

V2 feels good on my head and the wires are long steelsearies might be the cheapest but there not that bad had v2 for over 3 months now no complaints and if you get the black one it looks awsome and the headset has a good design for eaven for a big head . Getting some fanboy waves here anyway
read and watch this
http://www.tested.com/first-look-at-7-high-end-gaming-headsets/47-94/
http://www.tested.com/news/7-high-end-gaming-headsets-tested-and-reviewed/627/
 
Last edited:
Is it the only headset you've ever owned? My first razer headset broke (the detachable mic broke in half) and the second had horrible sound quality. From my experience razer headsets are horrible quality for the price range of $100+.

Note that I own multiple razer mice, multiple razer mousepads, a razer armadillo, and their mako speakers so I dont hate razer.

I highly recommend sennheiser's PC350 headset. I have also heard good things about logitech's 7.1 headset (I think its the G35).

-Blue
No, I've had around 10-15 and this was the best one that I've had, sound quality and mic quality is great. Also, mine never broke, so that sounds like a problem on your end.
 
Back
Top