2 Monitors 1 PC

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hello,

I would like to put 2 screens on my computer. My videocard has 2 DVI connections so I can put a DVI-to-DVI cable to my screen.

Put I'm wondering..... will my videocard performance go back if i use 2 screens. So will it be like 50% of his orgional power?

How can I use 2 different mouses for both screens. So I can be on the forum and other stuff at the other screen. And gaming on the other screen.

Hopefully you guys know what i mean,

Thanks,

BlackBird.


EDIT: NEW QUESTION:

Hey guys,

I set up a dual screen now. Do one of you guys know how to play Battlefield Bad Company 2 on both screen. Like this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltr7Bkjx6Y[/ame]

So it becomes one big screen:) Like... Pure awesomeness:P Its prob beter with 3 screens but I just wanna know in case i gonna buy a 3rd screen.

Thanks,

~Bird.
 
Last edited:
The performance shouldn't be a big problem.

However you can't have two different cursors
 
The performance shouldn't be a big problem.

However you can't have two different cursors

Oke but is there a way to game at one screen and internet at the other?
 
Last edited:
Oke but is there a way to game at one screen and game at the other?

That would depend on the game, but I seriously doubt you can run two games at the same time without suffering from bad frame rate.

I use dual screens. When gaming, I run TF2/DoD/CSS in windowed mode on the primary screen and keep Vent/IRC/iTunes/[insert favorite app here] on the secondary screen.
 
Oke but is there a way to game at one screen and game at the other?
You could in theory, however, in knowing that you cannot have 2 cursors, having 2 games up at once would serve you no good as you would only be able to play one, and the other one will just suck up resources.
 
If you could have 2 cursors, and you when to move 1 icon with both cursors in opposite directions...would it rip?
 
Sorry I ment, game at one and internet at the other:P But i'll just buy a DVI cabel and see what happens:P
 
Sorry I ment, game at one and internet at the other:P But i'll just buy a DVI cabel and see what happens:P

As said above, just use the extended windows option on your screen resolution settings, then put TF2 in a large windowed mode. Then if you pause you can move over to your other screen and stuff :D
 
As said above, just use the extended windows option on your screen resolution settings, then put TF2 in a large windowed mode. Then if you pause you can move over to your other screen and stuff :D

Oke thanks:)
 
i just did this this morning, i love it, tho when ever i click on something on my second moniter it minimizies whats on my first one
 
I use dual screens. When gaming, I run TF2/DoD/CSS in windowed mode on the primary screen and keep Vent/IRC/iTunes/[insert favorite app here] on the secondary screen.
This is exactly what I do. In fact, it's a requirement for all TF2 Advisors to run dual monitors; DL's need three.

While every Windows OS from XP on has multiple monitor support built in, you still may find it useful to run a 3rd-party handler. I personally use UltraMon. It gives you a bit more tweakablilty if you want different desktop themes and screensavers for each monitor. It also lets each monitor have its own taskbar. Probably a bit excessive for a home user but I telecommute a couple days each week so I do crazy stuff like remote desktop into work on one screen and have my stuff open on the other. I'm also running dual video cards in SLI and have an S-vid cable running to my TV just in case I want to watch "the TF2 channel"; so my sanity is questionable...another requirement for TF2 advisors.
 
This is exactly what I do. In fact, it's a requirement for all TF2 Advisors to run dual monitors; DL's need three.

Off-topic, but does that mean Nurse is required to run four screens? :confused1:
 
:D:D I got 2 screens now:) pretty awesome:) Gaming + Vent + eGO website at the same time:P
 
Blackbird, smearing BC2 or any game really is done by using a "Maximize to Desktop" option. There may be some game settings you'll have to play with as well but it's fairly simple to do. It really helps if both monitors are the same size and resolution. One caution though, if you are going to go to 3 monitors you'll need a second gfx-card.

Apr: yes. Or, "your face is four screens". Your choice :P
 
Blackbird, smearing BC2 or any game really is done by using a "Maximize to Desktop" option. There may be some game settings you'll have to play with as well but it's fairly simple to do. It really helps if both monitors are the same size and resolution. One caution though, if you are going to go to 3 monitors you'll need a second gfx-card.

Apr: yes. Or, "your face is four screens". Your choice :P

Alright thanks,

But i can't find that option in BC2 neither in DOD:S.
Can you tell me where those options are? Or can somebody who knows it...

Thanks.

BlackBird.
 
Let me clarify: maximize to desktop is a windows option, most likely found in display properties. I can't do any better than that because I'm running a software package that makes it really, really easy for me to do this. Once you have got windows to maximize to desktop, you may have to tweak some settings in the game as well.

1- find the windows settings (probably in display properties) that will smear BC2 across both monitors.
2- once BC2 is on both screens, go into BC2 and play around with the in-game gfx options to get the best results.
3- profit?

Sorry for the confusion.

If anyone knows exactly where to do this in Windows, let us know.
 
Let me clarify: maximize to desktop is a windows option, most likely found in display properties. I can't do any better than that because I'm running a software package that makes it really, really easy for me to do this. Once you have got windows to maximize to desktop, you may have to tweak some settings in the game as well.

1- find the windows settings (probably in display properties) that will smear BC2 across both monitors.
2- once BC2 is on both screens, go into BC2 and play around with the in-game gfx options to get the best results.
3- profit?

Sorry for the confusion.

If anyone knows exactly where to do this in Windows, let us know.

Where do i find this "maximize to desktop" option in windows 7. Dont see it at configration screen and then display. Is it somewhere else?
 
13092010005.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top