does anyone use this!?

The card is great although I think the core clock is locked at at 1000mhz(could be wrong) I didn't see the price though? If its still up at the $1000 dollar range go with something else, there are plenty of cards in the 3-400 range that will max out any games graphics.
 
That 5970 is on Newegg, and is listed at $1200. That is instantly not worth it. Sure, it may be powerful. But good god, is that way too much. I'd much rather get the ASUS Ares.
 
That 5970 is on Newegg, and is listed at $1200. That is instantly not worth it. Sure, it may be powerful. But good god, is that way too much. I'd much rather get the ASUS Ares.

Only the XFX model is that expensive (I know OP asked specifically for that model). The other 5970's are in a more acceptable price range, $650-$700 US.

1200 is too much for any video card used for gaming.

-Blue
 
Only the XFX model is that expensive (I know OP asked specifically for that model). The other 5970's are in a more acceptable price range, $650-$700 US.

1200 is too much for any video card used for gaming.

-Blue

The Ares is also $1200, if I'm not mistaken.
 
If your buying it and keep playing things like CoD, no it isn't worth it. Actually, even if your playing the newest and latest games it's overkill and more just bragging rights for enthusiasts than anything.

Even the normal version isn't worth the price, you would be much happier with like 2x 460s for half the price and get a little worse performance that you won't notice.
 
Unless you just have to have 6 screens (the selling point of the card) its not worth it. You can get a regular 5970 for half the price (approx) and get the same performance.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top