My Newest Project

Adam

Man, I'm pretty.
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
7,460
This upcoming project is going to be my Shuttle build. I've always wanted to do one and I've got some extra spending money coming, so I think the time is perfect.

MODEL: Custom
CASE: Thermaltake LANBOX Lite
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz
RAMz: G.Skill 2GB DDR2 @ 800
PSU: Raidmax Hybrid 530W
GFX: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4350 512MB
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
HDD1: 640GB Western-Digital Caviar Blue
HDD2: 1TB Western-Digital Caviar Black
DVD/CD1: ASUS 24X DVD Burner (SATA)
DVD/CD2: ASUS Blu-Ray (SATA)
TV TUNER: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
OS: Windows XP Pro

the OS, Tv Tuner and Sound card; i already have these so I'm saving money there. The whole build is going to cost $530 or so. I'm not ordering the blu-ray drive or the 1TB HDD at first, they will come later.

I'll be ordering it around next thursday, so I'll throw some pics up when I get all the pieces.
 
Why buy a C2D system? A comparable i3 build would be much less, and perform much better.
 
Why buy a C2D system? A comparable i3 build would be much less, and perform much better.

It's not that I don't need the Core i3, but I'm doing it because all the machines in my house are LGA775. It's just easier for me incase something dies.

to be honest, the workload isn't going to be huge on this machine and a Core 2 Duo would be plenty.
 
It's not that I don't need the Core i3, but I'm doing it because all the machines in my house are LGA775. It's just easier for me incase something dies.

to be honest, the workload isn't going to be huge on this machine and a Core 2 Duo would be plenty.

So? That's not the point, though. You're horribly overpaying for a dead socket.
But hey, it's your money.
And listen to reflex when it comes to PSUs. lol
 
Ok, changed the PSU and CPU on your recommendations. I liked the idea of the modular PSU with this sort of build, to save space.

MODEL: Custom
CASE: Thermaltake LANBOX Lite
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz
RAMz: G.Skill 2GB DDR2 @ 800
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W Modular
GFX: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4350 512MB
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
HDD1: 640GB Western-Digital Caviar Blue
HDD2: 1TB Western-Digital Caviar Black
DVD/CD1: ASUS 24X DVD Burner (SATA)
DVD/CD2: ASUS Blu-Ray (SATA)
TV TUNER: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
OS: Windows XP Pro
 
Ok, changed the PSU and CPU on your recommendations. I liked the idea of the modular PSU with this sort of build, to save space.

MODEL: Custom
CASE: Thermaltake LANBOX Lite
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz
RAMz: G.Skill 2GB DDR2 @ 800
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W Modular
GFX: Gigabyte Radeon HD 4350 512MB
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
HDD1: 640GB Western-Digital Caviar Blue
HDD2: 1TB Western-Digital Caviar Black
DVD/CD1: ASUS 24X DVD Burner (SATA)
DVD/CD2: ASUS Blu-Ray (SATA)
TV TUNER: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
OS: Windows XP Pro

Now I have to harrass you to get an i3 like Ph? said..........



But yea, that CPU+PSU are mucho beuno.


EDIT:

I also HIGHLY suggest the Radeon 5450 over the 4350. The 5450 supports uncompressed blu-ray audio over HDMI while the 4350 does not.
 
Last edited:
Ok, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not getting an i3 :P

But thanks for the input. I changed for that video card. If it's not good, you owe me $40.
 
im guessing ur gonna hook something like this up to a tv??? not really game on it, turn it more into a DVR or something
 
My plan for it is:

1. Take it to and from work. It's small, so it would be perfect.
2. DVR/Blu-Ray/MediaPC
3. Backups, after another HD is added of course.
4. FTP for my school crap.
 
Learn to math...


$40-36=$4

You can sue me for the $4 if you want.


I think that the ability to run uncompressed encrypted blue-ray audio is worth $4
 
Last edited:
Back
Top