- Joined
- Jan 22, 2010
- Messages
- 1,948
changed my mind: i want a vid card from nvidia that equals this ATI HD5970 2Gb DDR5 PCI-express. with the SLI option so i can use that later
. I want a good one, don't care if it costs alot of money.Just because it cost more doesn't mean anything. When you SLI two GTX 460s for 300$ less and get amazing performance, it doesn't matter.changed my mind: i want a vid card from nvidia that equals this ATI HD5970 2Gb DDR5 PCI-express. with the SLI option so i can use that later
Yeah. If your buying other parts, buying a 700$ card is going to make you skimp on some other things like getting a better processor. FPS isn't all about your video card. Do you even have the power/cooling for a 5970?So what is the rest of your system? If you're going to be getting a beastly GPU solution, will it be horribly, horribly bottlenecked by your other parts?
don't know if this is all compatible or not. Might as well check that to. I don't think cooling will be a problem. btw: i've read that watercooling takes regular maintenance, what kinda maintenance would that be ?Damn, didn't realize you were going all out on this. Pretty beastly, just keep the video card then, if your looking to spend big money the 5970 is the way to go. No TB drive? The speed is nice, but I'd think you would want more space, and then just get a SSD for the speed. Also, I would just go for the i7 930 and OC the hell out of it.Computer case: Coolermaster HAF X case zonder voeding
CPU cooler: Corsair CPU Cooling Hydro Series H70
CPU: Intel Core i7 Quad Core 950 8MB 3.06GHz socket 1366
Moederbord: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R socket 1366
DVD drive 1: Samsung SH-S223C 22x DVD-RW DL SATA zwart
RAM: Kingston 3 x 2Gb DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 HyperX
GPU : ATI HD5970 2Gb DDR5 PCI-express
Harddisk: WD 600Gb WD6000BLHX VelociRaptor 10.000rpm 32mb SATA3
PSU: Corsair AX1200W 1200W GOLD voeding
something like thatdon't know if this is all compatible or not. Might as well check that to.
Damn, didn't realize you were going all out on this. Pretty beastly, just keep the video card then, if your looking to spend big money the 5970 is the way to go. No TB drive? The speed is nice, but I'd think you would want more space, and then just get a SSD for the speed. Also, I would just go for the i7 930 and OC the hell out of it.
. I can always put in another 600 gigs in it. on the site where i build it, i can put in 2 gfx cards and 2 hard drives, also more memory. is this all compatible? and what about the water cooling?Yes, everything is compatible. The 5970 your getting is like two video cards on one. Get the h50 over the h70, the h70 isn't worth the cost. Neither are true water cooling, but you don't need water cooling for what your doing anyway (only needed for higher than normal ocs) and it's expensive/hard to maintain. A h50 will OC as high as you will need to for gaming, while getting good temps.didn't realize it was that good. I'm not overclocking yet, first imma learn it at school. I can always put in another 600 gigs in it. on the site where i build it, i can put in 2 gfx cards and 2 hard drives, also more memory. is this all compatible? and what about the water cooling?
water or fans, hard choice.Fans aren't that loud. I usually have headphones on anyway, so I never hear anything. If you really want to spend that much more on water cooling, want to keep up with the maintence etc I guess you could it's just kind of a pain. If you get it, better put it to use and OC your face off.the reason i want watercooling is because of the fact it is silence. Fans make noise, noise is bad. I was having hardware less today at school, and my teacher tought it was 1 part of a watercooling, because u have watercoolers of 300 euro's. So i'm so confusedwater or fans, hard choice.
Cleaning, dusting, refilling, etc.
It wouldn't be worth it at all if you don't overclock.
*sigh* slayer you are hard pretty picky lol. But like they are saying. Water Cooling is overkill if you arent going to OC. A fan will be sufficient. And fans arent loud as long as you keep them clean and they arent running faster than they should be.